• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the last movie you've seen?

I'm sick in bed and I watched Venom.

I don't really have the comic book knowledge necessary to make an informed judgment, but based on my merely passing understanding of Spider-Man, I thought that the film was really... poor. Not as bad as Spider-Man 3 but really not great. Character motivations and relationships just felt flimsy and not very well thought out, the music wasn't to my taste, and the casting left something to be desired. I did think the editing and visual effects were quite good, though. And the action scenes, divorced from their narrative context, are all fun.

I guess I'm glad I didn't rush to see this while it was in theaters, but it's one of those films that one almost wishes was a complete disaster because at least then it would be funny. As is, though, the film left me bored and ultimately feeling empty by the end. It certainly didn't do anything to get my mind off this awful headache.

i went to the theater to watch spiderman across the spiderverse. it was good but some parts freaked me out a little bit, it deserves a pg-13 rating instead of a pg imo

s-l1600 (1).jpg
latest (3).jpg

I checked out The Last Starfighter(1984) which was recently released in 4K for the first time.This has been one of my favorite sci-fi movies for a long time because it's in the mold of the Star Wars movies being that it's more "space fantasy" than pure science fiction and it combines the sci-fi world with video games in a unique way.Teenager Alex lives a humble existence in a trailer park but he is very good at a video game called Starfighter.Little does he know that the Starfighter video game is actually a test to find beings that show the abilities to become real Starfighter pilots in a war on a far off planet.The 4K presentation isn't a vast improvement over the blu-ray version but it is noticeably better.The then-pioneering computer generated special effects hold up surprisingly well.This movie has one of my favorite quotes of all time: "I, uh, I've been to another planet, Ma."

I sat down with a friend to rewatch the entire Jurassic Park/Jurassic World series.

Jurassic Park: Still fantastic; still one of my favorite movies.

The Lost World: Terrible, but enjoyable. Unlikable characters and a script that is overwrought with inconsistencies and oddities. But it has so many good individual, moment-to-moment scenes that it's easy for me to turn my brain off and enjoy the silliness. But I appreciate that it's not for everyone.

Jurassic Park III: Very bad, but I'm surprised at how much more I enjoyed it this time around. Largely forgettable cast, nonsensical plot, and a plethora of distracting aesthetic callbacks to the first movie make it easily less enjoyable as a sequel. But on its standalone merits, many of the actual moment-to-moment scenes are great, and it still feels like it was made in the vein of a Stephen Spielberg film, even if it misses the mark. It's arguably aged a lot better than The Lost World, in that whereas that film was poor at the time and has only become more so over the years, this one is neither better nor worse than it was in 2001.

Jurassic World: I always have memories of this film being dreadfully boring but otherwise unnoteworthy by virtue of it being a retread of the first movie with a less talented cast. But upon viewing it this time, I found many of its decisions to be absolutely baffling. Its a film that undermines its own world building, insists that at least the first film is canon but also contradicting said film not just in terms of minute details that would only realistically upset obsessed fans like me, but in terms of the literal actual premise of the movie. And it's made worse by an entire cast of characters who are frankly insufferable.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom: I have to assume that the reason I had remembered the previous film as boring but largely inoffensive is because it seems a masterpiece by comparison to this film. Once again, a plot that frequently undermines itself, and which retreads quite a few of the major plot beats of The Lost World. The characters are boring with motivations that make no sense. The film frequently puts on the pretense of a conflict of ideology regarding our place in the natural world and the inherent value of life, but frames it in a way that is neither relatable to... probably anyone, really, and then just makes up arguments for one side without any thought or reason. And to add one final insult to injury, despite there being a myriad of events that ought to be exciting, something about the way the movie is filmed and framed just makes it... incredibly boring. I found myself constantly checking my phone for this movie more than any of the others on the list.

Jurassic World: Dominion: This was a struggle for both of us to get through. The movie is overtly long, and feels like twice its length. I've never seen a film that so very quickly just completely abandons its core premise only about five minutes in before instead choosing to focus on a considerably more boring plot point that features the return of the cast from the first film just... stumbling about like chickens with their heads cut off for much of the movie's runtime. Character motivations are some of the most flimsy I've seen in any movie, with antagonistic characters changing their mind seemingly just because. Also, a certain lack of a notable element in this picture... I can't quite put my finger on it, but...

Despite my complaints, I generally had a good time revisiting the series, if only to share in the memories with a close friend. But it's frankly a shame. The first Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies. I still remember when the aged CGI looked real, when the scenes at night used to terrify me. And it's a film that still holds up well today. So it doesn't exactly bring me any pleasure to say that only one film in the series is really good. But the Jurassic World series is a uniquely awful experience. Such an inherently fun premise, even devoid of skillful writing, should still be at least entertaining, but it's frankly not. And I don't know exactly who to blame for it. Oh well. Back to being cynical about video games meant for children again.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film and the special effects were out of this world (excuse the pun), however I'm glad I watched it at home rather than the cinema as it was over three hours long.

I was going to watch the new Super Mario Bros movie, but unfortunately weather had other plans that day. Will have to watch it on DVD now (or streaming).

I DID, however, just finish watching the third My Hero Academia movie, My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission (2021). I thought it was pretty good for an anime movie, although some parts definitely could have been better.

There's a good amount of movies out right now that I want to see, including the newest Transformers one (despite past Transformers movies having a questionable track record).

I watched the latest Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse and was reminded why I love going to the theater. It was visually stunning, emotional, and such an adrenaline rush in the action scenes. I laughed, I cried, I recommended it to all my friends. The soundtrack was so cool, I'm not sure I have the street cred to listen to it publicly. And ofc it had interesting characters-- so well written!

I understand that some viewers may find it heavy or even a little scary. And there will be complaints about the ending / pacing / plot holes. But I am a renewed fan in the series and I think I might have liked it even more than No Way Home, which is tough to beat.

I recently watched Kiki's delivery service
The theaters i go to showed it for a ghibli event. I was curious about those movies so I went to watch it
It was a really different pace than the movies I'm used to seeing, but its really scenic and charming. I really liked it

The last movie I saw in theaters was the new transformers movie. I saw it in a theater that had those moving seats that would move when there was a lot of action happening. It was a lot of fun. The movie was really good and better than the last few Transformer movies that came out in the past and I'm hopeful that maybe if they do relaunch the series that they will be good.

The last movies I watched at home were Bumblebee and the first transformers movie.

i watched philadelphia with my parents tonight. i wasn’t super attentive of it since i was working on an assignment at the same time lol, but it was a well-made movie. it was heartbreaking, but unfortunately it was reality for many in the 80’s-90’s. the acting was incredible; tom hanks and denzel washington blew me away, and the ending was devastating. great movie, but damn

Today I saw The Flash in theaters. Honestly, it could have been better. The references, cameos, and easter eggs were nice, but I thought the Flash TV series on CW did it better and Ezra Miller just got annoying.

I only went to see it because my husband wanted to and he was only interested in it because of the nostalgia of Michael Keaton as Batman. So we weren't expecting it to be great, but at least we had a nice night out.

Bedazzled with Brendan Fraser. I’ve seen part of it before but I noticed a lot of hidden details in the movie that hint towards the Devil and the wishes and some of them are extremely well hidden in tiny details.

The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs returned from a few weeks' break last Friday with an aquatic double feature and showed two movies I'd never seen before: director Anthony C. Ferrante's 2013 movie Sharknado and director Dick Maas' 1988 slasher film Amsterdamned.

I never watched Sharknado back when it originally came out because it seemed like it would be dumb, and now having seen it...yep. It was fine at being what it wanted to be I guess, but I didn't really get much out of it personally. Don't think I'd ever bother rewatching it.

Amsterdamned, on the other hand, was pretty good. Not amazing or anything but not bad. The concept for the slasher's method of killing was neat and the chases were fun.

Last edited:
I went to the theaters today and saw No Hard Feelings. I liked it a lot, more than I’m willing to admit, haha. I only tagged along because my dad wanted to see it, but it was definitely a movie I’d be interested in had I seen previews for it. I don’t watch television at all so I was never exposed to the preview. It’s weird that I didn’t know about it since my second job is located right outside the movie theater. Without spoiling it, I ****ing enjoyed it.

i watched the first avatar movie in its entirety two days ago while i was getting my hair done. it's actually really interesting and cool! i think i'll watch the recent avatar movie soon enough

Last edited:
I watched the Paranormal Activity movies, and they were alright. Could've had more jumpscares scattered throughout the movies, rather than one big jumpscare and a cliffhanger at the end.

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

It's pretty good. My only real critique would be that in terms of pacing, it feels more like a long-form episode of the show than an actual movie, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if you're watching the movie alongside the show. I don't imagine anyone who hasn't watched the show or has only watched bits and pieces will get anything out of it, though.

The Silence of the Lambs

It was an overall good movie! 9/10

The latest Indiana Jones movie. It was good for the first half, but I felt it was too long and honestly kind of ridiculous. I'd give it a 5/10. I'd recommend watching it when it is finally on Disney+ it is not worth a movie ticket.

Back