• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the last movie you've seen?

Yes, spoilers are terrible now. You can't go on the internet at all without having something spoiled for you like an hour after it releases.
Not even online. People I know in general will just nonchalantly spoil whole things. It's annoying. So I never tell any of them if I am doing or watching something since they'll just spoil it all.

Watched Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope last night with the husbando, and tonight we are going to watch The Empire Strikes Back. Not really looking forward to it, I don't much care for Star Wars, but we have decided to watch all the movies. I'm mainly looking forward to the movie that Jar Jar Binks is in, he's weird.

I'm mainly looking forward to the movie that Jar Jar Binks is in, he's weird.
These were the last words recorded by the victim before authorities arrived at the scene of the untimely tragedy. Truly harrowing, a cautionary tale. There was no happy ending, no justice served, only disappointments and regrets.

I don't really like Star Wars, either; I just hate Jar Jar and wanted to be a snark.

These were the last words recorded by the victim before authorities arrived at the scene of the untimely tragedy. Truly harrowing, a cautionary tale. There was no happy ending, no justice served, only disappointments and regrets.

I don't really like Star Wars, either; I just hate Jar Jar and wanted to be a snark.
Jar Jar is definitely a terrible character and the kind that people love to hate. Probably.. I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid so I have very vague memories 😝

Jar Jar is definitely a terrible character and the kind that people love to hate. Probably.. I haven't seen that movie since I was a kid so I have very vague memories 😝
I don't know if "love to hate" is the right word, though I've seen some retrospective defense towards the prequels in general. Though it's usually framed as "they weren't so bad, because they're not the films made by Disney."

Just saw Dungeons and Dragons Honor Among Thieves with a friend at the theater the other day, it was a fun movie! Last night I watched Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind for the first time and it's definitely one of my new favorite Ghibli movies.

Mrs Harris Goes to Paris.

Not what I thought it was going to be plot wise, but it was nice easy film to watch on a Sunday afternoon.

On the 22nd of last month, I saw thee Mario movie with my dad. It was SOOOOOOOOOOO good! ^___^

watched the penguins of madagascar film earlier!! 11/10

also yesterday i finished watching nobody on netflix w bob odenkirk. v rad rad

Just watched Ant-Man and Wasp in Quantumania. Never saw it when it first came out, but now it's on Disney+...anyway, it was pretty darn bad. Honestly, it feels like one of the only Marvel movies that is entirely skippable. Like...I guess it sets stuff up for the future of the MCU, but I don't even know to what degree it does that. Just felt like a waste of my time, tbh.

I don't have my thoughts fully together in order to give any in-depth opinions at the moment, but I just finished watching the Mario movie. I actually went in fairly excited. I knew I'd have my nitpicks, sure, but after reading reviews and coming to the understanding that a lot of the early reviews of the film were... factually incorrect, I was assured it would at least be fun.

Unfortunately, I, er... didn't like it. At all. I may give a more thorough dive into why the film didn't land for me at a later date, but for now, I'll just say this. It's an Illumination movie.

On the Friday preceding Mother's Day, I watched The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs Mother's Day special where they featured The Babadook (2014, directed by Jennifer Kent) and The Muthers (1976, directed by Cirio Hermoso Santiago). I had previously watched The Babadook some number of years ago, though I couldn't say when exactly. The Muthers was a first time watch. I didn't really care for The Babadook the first time I saw it, but this revisit made me appreciate it more and I'd say I like it now. Not much to say about The Muthers, pretty meh.

Then last Friday's episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs featured The Mutilator (1984, directed by Buddy Cooper and John S. Douglass) and Possession (1981, directed by Andrzej Żuławski). I had never seen The Mutilator before, but watched Possession for the first time back in January of this year. The Mutilator is mediocre; the acting is dire, there are a two kills that stand out and the effects aren't bad but the rest are too goofy due to the poor acting. Wouldn't really recommend it. Possession is good though.

Now I wait to see which movies tomorrow's episode will feature.

i saw fast x in theatres last week with my mom. i didn’t really want to see it initially since i’m not really into action movies, and i’ve never seen any of the other fast and furious movies, but my mom didn’t want to go see it alone lol

it was more entertaining than i thought it would be. i obviously didn’t really know any of the characters or understand the references to past movies, but the plot was kinda fun lol. jason momoa’s character was deranged and hilarious lmao

Today I watched A Man Called Otto at home. It was really good and very touching. I teared up several times. It tackled a lot of issues in a very natural way. Everything just worked its way into the story seamlessly without taking the focus off the main plot.

Trigger Warning: It deals with suicidal thoughts.

The Little Mermaid.

Honestly this was the best live action Disney film to date, it was vibrant, fun and emotional on a lot of levels. It respected both the original animated film and the broadway show whilst finding new ground with a more diverse cast. Plus Halle Bailey was phenomenal as Ariel and breathed new life into the classic songs.

Back