• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the last movie you've seen?

i watched morvern callar (2002) because i bought a shirt with it mentioned on it

luckily it was a really good movie, so i can keep the shirt! i was expecting a straight-forward road trip movie, but it's a feverish, unpredictable look into a person trying to find meaning

watched bullet train twice last week!! it's a new mini obsession for sure lol, i love it a lot

i also watched glass onion twice in the past couple of weeks too and i really liked it too (apparently i have a habit of watching movies again right after watching them for the first time)

I watched the Mario movie and it was good. I wasn't sure what to expect and seeing how it got a lot of good reviews I wasn't expecting it to be bad, but I really enjoyed it.

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery. Not sure how I made it through the entire thing, though I probably did fall asleep at some point during it.

Started my Harry Potter universe dive since I've never seen all of the movies. Started with Fantastic Beasts 1 & 2 (enjoyed both) and will continue to watching the third one tonight.

I watched the Guardians of Galaxy Christmas special. It was really good. I know it's a bit late for that, but I didn't have any way to watch it during the actual holiday. It was just as fun to watch it now as it would've been during the holiday.

I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 3 in the theater tonight. It was good but it made me cry so much. 😭

Oh dang I did not know it was out already. I have to go see it soon before it all gets spoiled somewhere. It happens all the time too easily now. With most shows and movies I don't care, because I'm not too invested in them, but not with a movie like this.

Oh dang I did not know it was out already. I have to go see it soon before it all gets spoiled somewhere. It happens all the time too easily now. With most shows and movies I don't care, because I'm not too invested in them, but not with a movie like this.
Yes, spoilers are terrible now. You can't go on the internet at all without having something spoiled for you like an hour after it releases.

Since I didn't get around to making a post for it, back on Friday, April 28th, I watched the Walpurgisnacht episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs where they featured the movies Witchboard (directed by Kevin Tenney, released in 1986) and The Devil's Rain (directed by Robert Fuest, released in 1975). Neither were particularly good but part of the appeal of The Last Drive-In are the Joe Bob segments throughout with trivia about the movies, skits, etc. so it was still a good time.

Then last Friday was a Cinco de Mayo episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs and they showed a couple of movies from Mexico: Don't Panic! (originally titled El Secreto de la Ouija, directed by Juan Ignacio Aranda, released in 1988) and Tigers Are Not Afraid (directed by Issa López, released in 2017). Don't Panic! has some neat little effects but is otherwise a mess. Tigers Are Not Afraid, on the other hand, is great.

Guardians of the Galaxy vol 3 in theaters on Friday. Then yesterday was the first movie at home. Been a while to have a good Marvel movie since Endgame

Went and saw the Mario movie, it was fine. The secret life of pets dog scene at the beginning felt so out of place, but the rest of the movie was enjoyable.

CODA and Luck on Apple TV+. I can see why CODA won all of its Oscars. The sign language and frustration of being the only hearing person in a deaf family would feel extremely frustrating and it felt so real. Luck I thought was a decent movie if you just want to see something just to get through an hour or two and the animation was pretty good and I did like the character designs. Sure the writing had its flaws but it wasn’t the worst movie ever. I did like the idea of good and bad luck cohabiting a dimension where each is the opposite half of the world and that both are necessary for balance purposes and that bad luck doesn’t necessarily mean that good things can’t come from it.

Back