• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's the last movie you've seen?

I just watched the new Mario movie, and I'm 🙃 It was such an incredible movie. As someone who grew up with the games I really enjoyed it alot.

I rewatched Spirited Away the other day. It was much better than I remembered.

I watched Wrath of the Dragon, one of the old DBZ movies on a CRT. That's the life.

The Boston Stranger on Disney+.

I really enjoyed it, it gave me the same creepy and uncomfortable vibes that Zodiac gave me when I watched it.

Everything, Everywhere, All the Time.

Yes it was in theaters haha Hollywood movies come to Japan months late.

I want to see the Mario movie when it comes here on the 28th.

extremely late to the game but i saw that john wick 4 is in the theatres so i finally decided that it was time to watch the movie series starting with the first movie. it isn't really the type of movie i'd find myself gravitating to but it was a lot of fun. i'm gonna try and space the next couple of movies out because for some reason, having to play catch up feels kinda daunting

i really want to watch the mario movie sometime soon, i've heard good things about it!

On Sunday, I watched the Unrated edition of director Gerard Johnstone's movie M3GAN that released earlier this year. I'd heard good things about it and had access to the Peacock streaming service at the time, so figured why not check it out. I didn't really love it or hate it, thought it was just okay. There were some neat bits here and there but I felt like I never really connected with the film fully. Glad I watched the Unrated version at least, though, because if it was just the theatrical cut I probably would've just outright found it to be a flat and boring viewing experience.

As killer dolls go, I still favor the original Child's Play from 1988. Neither the 2019 Child's Play remake nor M3GAN really do anything for me.

Grave of the Fireflies. It didn't hit the same as an adult for some reason. It's sad, but it wasn't nearly as soul-destroying as I remember.

Watched Close Encounters of the Third Kind last night... it was okay. I like the idea of an alien race communicating via music. Feel like there could have been more scientist women in the movie, though. But that's the 70s for you!

Todd-Armstrong-Jason-and-the-Arg.jpg

I saw Jason And The Argonauts(1963)recently.I had not seen this movie since I was a teenager and I liked it then and I think it's held up pretty well.It has a lot of battles with mythological monsters and classic stop-motion special effects by the legendary Ray Harryhausen which look surprisingly good after all this time.

Marcel the Shell with Shoes On.

One of the cutest and sweetest films I've ever seen. I've watched it quite a few times now. It's quickly becoming a comfort movie. 🥰

Season 5 of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs began last night on the Shudder streaming service, and they showcased a pair of movies from Italian horror director Lucio Fulci. The movies shown were Zombie (released in 1979, otherwise known as Zombi 2) and The Beyond (released in 1981).

I've seen both numerous times throughout the years and enjoy them. They're typically among the many movies I marathon throughout the month of October leading up to Halloween each year, so I don't know if I will include them this Fall, but it was fun to watch them in this setting so it was worth it.

watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop last night.. Never seen it before and was not what I was expecting. Not a bad movie but not a good movie either!

watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop last night.. Never seen it before and was not what I was expecting. Not a bad movie but not a good movie either!
I think that movie's hilarious....I saw it in the theater and right after it ended the guy behind me said, "That SUCKED!" :ROFLMAO:
The sequel has its moments, but is a lot slower-- definitely not worth it.

The Mario Bros movie and Knock at the Cabin. Enjoyed both but Mario was way better lol

This past weekend I watched Birdbox with some friends and it was a pretty good movie! Very intriguing.

Back