What's the last movie you've seen?

I watched the newest Ghostbuster movie a few weekends ago. I think. My days have been a bit of blur due to how much I've been working. Anyway it was a really great movie and a good homage to the original. Unlike the 2016 version.

Been slowly re-watching the Lord of the Rings: Extended Edition... we are on the final movie.. with three hours left 😵‍💫
Well you have enough time to enjoy second breakfast, right?...Right?

I just watched Everything Everywhere All at Once today. It's a great movie and I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. I remember not thinking much of it when I saw the trailer but it's a movie I would be happy to watch again.

I finally got around to watching Minority Report on a DVD that I got very cheaply at the flea market. A surprisingly touching though somewhat predictable experience. Love the idea of Pre-Cogs but not how they were treated as inhuman through most of it. The movie did raise a lot of good points about free will and predetermination. Well worth a dollar to see.

Rocky Horror Picture Show. Tis the season. I've seen this movie probably 100+ times since my childhood. It's my sister's favorite.

Last Sunday night was the original 1933 Universal Pictures version of The Invisible Man directed by James Whale, as well as the original 1941 version of The Wolf Man, also from Universal Pictures and directed by George Waggner. Followed them up with the 1959 Hammer Studios version of The Mummy from director Terence Fisher. Went with the Hammer version of The Mummy since, while I do love the original Universal version starring Boris Karloff, I also love the Hammer version and I was more in the mood for the slow shambler sort of mummy rather than the more cunning version in the 1932 original.

Monday was an all-day affair, as it is every Halloween.
- Dracula (1931, director Tod Browning)
- Frankenstein (1931, director James Whale)
- Bride of Frankenstein (1935, director James Whale)
- Son of Frankenstein (1939, director Rowland V. Lee)
- The Monster Squad (1987, director Fred Drekker)
- Halloween (1978, director John Carpenter)
- Trick 'r Treat (2007, director Michael Dougherty)
- Night of the Demons (1988, director Kevin S. Tenney)
- The Return of the Living Dead (1985, director Dan O'Bannon)
- Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982, director Tommy Lee Wallace)

Finally, on Tuesday I watched the original 1978 version of Dawn of the Dead and on Wednesday I watched the original 1985 version of Day of the Dead, both from director George A. Romero. Over the past number of years, I've made it a tradition to watch those movies to coincide with Día de los Muertos; they're zombie movies and have nothing to do with the holiday, I just figured I have to watch Day of the Dead on the actual Day of the Dead, you know?

And so my annual month-long horror movie marathon ended. I return to only watching movies sporadically throughout the year. Might not watch anything until Christmastime, aside from whatever The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs special they do for Thanksgiving on the Shudder streaming app this month.

The last movie I saw in theatres was the latest movie in the Halloween franchise. I was pretty disappointed. I don't feel like it ended off that particular trilogy very well. Also, I just finished watching the original Carrie a few minutes ago. I thought it was way better than the remake.

I saw the movie the Barbarian the other day..... it was interesting there was parts I was kind of laughing out loud in the cinema kind of like what the heck am I watching?????

There was also a few others in the cinema really confused...

The 1990 Dick Tracy film. It's been on my list to watch for years, so I don't know why I'm only now getting around to it.

The narrative is a tad uneven in places, but even so the movie exudes so much style, charisma, and all around fun that it more than makes up for its shortcomings. I'm glad I finally watched it.

Enola Holmes 2.

Not a bad film that kept me entertained from start to finish plus Henry Cavil plays Sherlock Holmes really well, however it was a tad long with the time stamp coming in at over two hours long.

Wendell and Wild

I absolutely loved the art style, the stop motion animation, and the message. Unfortunately the plot felt muddled and the ending wasn't a great payoff imo.

Got 'The Black Phone' on DVD, so watched that at home~ :)
Really enjoyed it, and luckily my mum didn't try fastforwarding stuff she didn't like.

Yesterday I watched See How They Run at home. It was a fun, quirky take on Agatha Christie's classic The Mousetrap. Very good movie.

3ffd36b153e9d8191b02aaa5c207d953.jpg

I kept seeing promos on Paramount Plus for a movie called Honor Society and it looked like it could be like one of those semi-cool 80's high school comedies.It's about a girl named Honor(perhaps a tribute to the late British actress Honor Blackman who played Puddy Tat(as close as I can get to her real name) Galore in the James Bond movie Goldfinger) who desperately wants to attend Harvard and manipulates the people around her to get what she wants.This movie is kind of a mash-up of Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Clueless but it's not a direct rip-off of either one of those films.I thought it was really funny and it's about time Paramount aired something interesting besides Star Trek.

i finished watching 'portrait of a lady on fire' yesterday after like a week or so from when i started watching hehe

My younger brother made me watch Alvin and The Chipmunks: Road Chip with him. Definitely not as iconic as the first one.

Back