• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the last movie you've seen?

Today I watched Attack on Titan: The Movie Part 1, the live-action version.

There were a lot of differences between the movie and the anime. Some of them I liked, some I did not. The movie world definitely felt more real and slightly more advanced. There were remnants of old technology and the military had some upgrades as well, using motorized vehicles rather than horses. The anime feels like it takes place in Europe, but the movie obviously had a Japanese cast so a lot of the names were changed accordingly. Some characters seemed to be cut completely and new characters introduced, but it was kind of difficult to tell for sure who all was included because of the name changes. Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Hange, Levi, Jean, Sasha and Hannes were all definitely represented (some with name changes), but as for the others, I couldn't be sure. Backstories were also changed for the main characters and Mikasa is quite different while still being an awesome soldier. It was a fun movie, but I had to fight my brain at the beginning because I kept feeling like the story was wrong. Once I accepted that this was not going to be like the anime, I was able to settle in and enjoy the ride.

It's not as detailed or in depth as the anime, that's for sure, but I'll see where it leads because we already own Part 2 as well.

Today I watched Attack on Titan: The Movie Part 2. It wrapped up the story for the most part. These two movies were fun to watch, but didn't have much depth to them. The anime is by far the better product. They changed and simplified the plot too much for the movies because they were trying to condense everything into 3 hours total. There were so many characters missing or severly altered. I wouldn't really recommend these movies for a diehard fan of the show.

Last edited:
spider-man far from home
honestly idk im pretty content with it. some people were complaining about it but it was neat imo

I most recently watched Your Name, an anime movie from 2016. Heard good things about it around the time it came out, so I finally gave it a watch. I enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Spider-Man: Far From Home 8/10, didn't have high hopes for this as I was put off by home coming, but must say I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

I watched Jigsaw on Hulu the other day. Not too terrible. Certainly a lot better than some of the previous Saw movies.

Kong: Skull Island at home with my family. We all really enjoyed it.

(Yes, another movie with a gigantic creature in it. Have I mentioned how much I love kaiju movies?)

Bits and pieces of Hostage. Last movie I mostly watched though was probably Mercury Rising.

I watched Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus. Nostalgia injected straight into my veins. Such a solid movie on one of my favorite childhood shows.

Yeah,I saw that one Hallmark movie about those two really attractive professionals that just can't find true love.They meet in an odd circumstance and don't really like each other at first until they find out that they're both single parents then start to act clumsily around each other and almost kiss a few times until there's only about ten minutes left in the film and the woman puts on a tight red cocktail dress and they attend a big,fancy social gathering and finally admit their true feelings for each other.Oh,and I think the guy turns out to be a prince or something.

Last edited:
Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus. It was entertaining, and it was good to see the series back after so long even if it is just for that one movie.

Rating: Better than Chicken and Rice.

Last edited:
Back