• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's the last movie you've seen?

i saw deliver us from evil at the cinema a couple weeks ago now, it was really bad.
at home the last film i watched was a documentary called 'child of rage' which was good but a little disturbing

i saw deliver us from evil at the cinema a couple weeks ago now, it was really bad.
at home the last film i watched was a documentary called 'child of rage' which was good but a little disturbing

What's Child of Rage about? That sounds rather eerie.

In theaters: I do not remember the last time I was there, unfortunately.
At home: Caradog W. James' The Machine (2014), a limited budget, British science fiction film that explores the question of 'artificial' intelligence. Although the movie treads on territory already covered by a vast literature, such as Ridley Scott's Blade Runner (1982), Mamoru Oshii's Ghost in the Shell (1995), etc., it is nonetheless a welcome addition to the 'classic' science fiction portfolio with a heavy focus on story development over action while remaining tense and well-paced.

In the cinema I watched 'Let's be Cops' a few weeks ago, which was funny but also wrong in so many ways. Then literally just now I rewatched Gravity and cried as usual. I think I'll watch it again tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I saw the Hundred-Foot journey 2 weekends ago and all. I can say was that my expectations were kind of low, but wow it was one of the best movies I've seen in awhile, I really enjoyed watching the cooking part of it. It was neat seeing the difference between cultures in their foods and overall the whole story was just great as well, touching really...

it is rather eerie! i don't really recommend it for the weak of heart, it's pretty horrific. i'm a litttle hesitant to link it since i'd hate for anyone younger on the forums to get creeped out but you can search it on wikipedia! the reason i watched it is my lecturer in psychology mentioned it a while back.

In theaters: I do not remember the last time I was there, unfortunately.
At home: Caradog W. James' The Machine (2014), a limited budget, British science fiction film that explores the question of 'artificial' intelligence. Although the movie treads on territory already covered by a vast literature, such as Ridley Scott's Blade Runner (1982), Mamoru Oshii's Ghost in the Shell (1995), etc., it is nonetheless a welcome addition to the 'classic' science fiction portfolio with a heavy focus on story development over action while remaining tense and well-paced.

I've never seen anything about artificial intelligence before :O I'll have to check it out sometime. It sounds really interesting.

In the cinema I watched 'Let's be Cops' a few weeks ago, which was funny but also wrong in so many ways. Then literally just now I rewatched Gravity and cried as usual. I think I'll watch it again tomorrow. :rolleyes:

I wanted to see Let's Be Cops because I like both of the main leads from New Girl. I'll wait for it to go to discount theaters x)
And Gravity is a fantastic movie! It's the first movie my family bought when we got our 3D TV.

I saw The Giver in theaters a few weeks ago, it wasn't amazing but it was a lot better than I was expecting. More recently I watched The Breakfast Club for probably the fifth time on Netflix.

The last movie I've seen in theaters was If I Stay, last movie I saw at home for the first time was Palo Alto, but I watch Breakfast At Tiffanys like once a week, so really that's the last one I've seen.

Kill Bill Volume 2. Watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes right now, loving it.

I've never seen anything about artificial intelligence before :O I'll have to check it out sometime. It sounds really interesting.
In that case, other related literature you might check out include Kenji Kamiyama's series Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Aldous Huxley's 'classic' science fiction novel Brave New World, and Duncan Jones' Moon (2009). Also, if you can stand an even more slow-churning film with minimal dialog, 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968).

I looked up books on AI, and noticed that some of the works mentioned above are included in such a list by Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/485.Best_artificial_intelligence_books

HOme: Godzilla. It was ok, but I fell asleep during the last 30 min. Yeah, it was that good.

In theaters: The Fault in Our Stars the day after it came out. If never read the book, and I didn't really like the movie that much.

At home: Pretty in Pink last night. It was okay.

Bonus: I watched TFIOS for the second time on the way to a band competition this morning.

The last new movie I seen was The Lego Movie. At home, the last one I seen was Oliver and Company (which was last month).

Theaters: Smurfs 2, as the Oxford Valley Theater was doing a Summer thing for movies for kids since THEY WERE BARLEY anything coming out during that summer....I feel asleep...that is all.
Home: The new Captain America movie, it was a good one.

I saw the Station Agent again after about 10 years. A really great film about a cast of misfits in an abandon train lot the state of Jersey. Highly recommended for people fans of Thomas McCarthy's directorial work and of course Peter Dinklage.

Back