• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the Last Thing You've Given?

Amissapanda

Manda Panda
Bells
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Pink Crescent Moon
Blue Crescent Moon
Pavé Pink Feather
Cool Feather
Green Fair Pinwheel
Purple Feather
Blue Balloon
Blue Feather
White Feather
There's a thread for getting, but I'm a giver person, myself. And I think giving makes one feel really good.

So this thread is all about giving!

What was the last thing you gave/bought/offered to someone or treated them to?

Got a story to go with it? : )

For me, I treated my family out to dinner the night before last. It was nothing super fancy, but we had a good time chatting and the food was fresh and tasty.

There's a thread for getting, but I'm a giver person, myself. And I think giving makes one feel really good.

So this thread is all about giving!

What was the last thing you gave/bought/offered to someone or treated them to?

Got a story to go with it? : )

For me, I treated my family out to dinner the night before last. It was nothing super fancy, but we had a good time chatting and the food was fresh and tasty.

I like the idea of this thread and aww that is very sweet of you to do for your family :)

A few days ago I got ahold of a smash bros 4 demo for the 3DS and gave it to my little brother to play. He was so excited if only the person I got the code from saw the look on his face when I gave it to him... It was worth a million dollars :D

Some free wish list items for people on here.
And irl probably giving my dog a treat, if that counts :p If not probablyyy... Volunteering at my mom's work recently / helping her decorate her office, organize new files, make copies etc.

I like the idea of this thread and aww that is very sweet of you to do for your family :)

A few days ago I got ahold of a smash bros 4 demo for the 3DS and gave it to my little brother to play. He was so excited if only the person I got the code from saw the look on his face when I gave it to him... It was worth a million dollars :D

Glad you approve of the concept! And it's nothing much, really. If I had the money, I'd treat them to a lot more. Haha.

Aww, that's really nice of you! The look on someone's face when you give them a gift or just a bit of kindness really is worth a million dollars. I can just imagine how much his expression brightened! And kudos for being nice to your sibling, as a lot of people tend to not get along with theirs, much less share or give them things.

I sent another TBT user a birthday gift a couple of days ago. He sent a picture of the parcel when it arrived. Can't say what it is though because it's not his birthday until Thursday - but I'm confident he'll love it. :)

Some free wish list items for people on here.
And irl probably giving my dog a treat, if that counts :p If not probablyyy... Volunteering at my mom's work recently / helping her decorate her office, organize new files, make copies etc.

That's nice of you to give out free items! Even if it's just in a game, it definitely makes people happy and that's the important thing.

Volunteering is a really nice way to give, as well. It says something not to be expected to be paid for helping out and just doing so out of kindness. That's great of you. : )

I sent another TBT user a birthday gift a couple of days ago. He sent a picture of the parcel when it arrived. Can't say what it is though because it's not his birthday until Thursday - but I'm confident he'll love it. :)

That's awesome! I tend to be unsure about whether or not recipients like gifts that I give (especially around Christmas time), but if you're already sure that he'll enjoy it, that's a lot of pressure off! Still, going the extra mile to send something via actual mail says a lot in itself!

My best friend treated me to ice cream yesturday.

I gave my friend a surprise birthday gift.

Last edited:
I just gave my friend a leather bracelet with her name printed on it. Her name is pretty rare in this country so she never really finds anything with it on. I found this in France where the name a lot more common and it just made me feel so special when I saw her face ❤️

I just gave my friend a leather bracelet with her name printed on it. Her name is pretty rare in this country so she never really finds anything with it on. I found this in France where the name a lot more common and it just made me feel so special when I saw her face ❤️

Wow, that's super sweet of you to do! I can imagine her frustration with being unable to find any of that cool name-oriented stuff without her name on it. And getting it from another country... that's above and beyond! I'm glad your friend liked it! The looks on people's faces when you give them something special is really priceless.

Gave some of my time to a friend, helped him with translations, it was fun :3

Got my dad a box of beer last night. I cash my paycheques on Fridays and I usually stay at his place so I usually grab us something for a treat. He does the same and he got me nanaimo bars so win-win~

I send my mother money on an almost monthly basis because she's financially unstable and she barely had enough for food, much less bills and clothes. I'm basically my moms crutch and it sucks. She can't really hold down a job so what am I supposed to say when she calls up saying she needs like $40, $50? deny her? Though I really should start saying no because all she does is spend it on cigarettes and soda.

Gave some of my time to a friend, helped him with translations, it was fun :3

I'm sure he appreciated it! That was nice of you and an extra bonus if you had fun with it. : )

Got my dad a box of beer last night. I cash my paycheques on Fridays and I usually stay at his place so I usually grab us something for a treat. He does the same and he got me nanaimo bars so win-win~

That's nice that you do something for each other like that! Give/give situations are always win-win! And it gives you both something to look forward to on Fridays.

I send my mother money on an almost monthly basis because she's financially unstable and she barely had enough for food, much less bills and clothes. I'm basically my moms crutch and it sucks. She can't really hold down a job so what am I supposed to say when she calls up saying she needs like $40, $50? deny her? Though I really should start saying no because all she does is spend it on cigarettes and soda.

While it's nice of you to support your mother, I understand what you're talking about. If she's regularly asking for money, she's probably using as a crutch. Have you encouraged her to get on unemployment? They help out if you can't get work and make sure that said person is regularly looking for work. If she's really just spending it on things like that, though, perhaps it would be better for the good of both of you if you don't feed that addiction. It's just my opinion, though.

I went to a movie with a friend yesterday. We went to see The Maze Runner, and I paid for her ticket. Does that count? I also gave her a hug afterwards because I hadn't seen her in a really long time.

I try not to but then she goes on about how she's going to die any day now (shes 53 come on) and how I'm the only one of her children who doesn't make her life difficult at all and it's just a big mess.
She collects disability, welfare, food stamps and my late dads SSI checks but she just doesn't know how to spend it accordingly so things last for a while. I tell her to buy things like eggs, hot dogs, soup, potatoes and all that which would equate about $200 and lasts for weeks because it comes in quantity and not just crap she buys
Like canned sodas
Instant noodles
Root beer
BLEGH *agitated vein pops*

I went to a movie with a friend yesterday. We went to see The Maze Runner, and I paid for her ticket. Does that count? I also gave her a hug afterwards because I hadn't seen her in a really long time.

Of course that counts. : ) It was nice of you to treat her to a movie and I'm sure that she appreciated that.

My sister got cheated on, so I gave her a huge hug. It made her feel better, if only for a moment :)

My sister got cheated on, so I gave her a huge hug. It made her feel better, if only for a moment :)

Aww that's so sad whenever someone gets cheated on, why does that have to happen ugh :/

Anyways that was very nice of you to do, the best thing for someone when they are feeling down is to have some comfort from those of whom they love!

I'm sure that means a lot. When you're hurt or upset, sometimes a hug or a friendly shoulder is the best medicine. And at times, we just can't find the words. A hug is the next best thing to get those feeling across!

Last edited:
Back