Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
Red Lily
Who here plays soccer/football?

I recently started playing adult pickup soccer, but I'm not as good as everyone else playing because I haven't played since I was a kid. If any experienced soccer players here have tips for me, it would be appreciated. :cool:

I play soccer and all I did was focus. How I learn is I observe how they play, how to get the ball from players and shiz. Just keep playing practice makes perfect ;v

Who here plays soccer/football?

I recently started playing adult pickup soccer, but I'm not as good as everyone else playing because I haven't played since I was a kid. If any experienced soccer players here have tips for me, it would be appreciated. :cool:

holy crap other people than me that like futbol! I'm not alone on this site! haha! and its an Admin!! what position are you playing Jeremy?

I played soccer. I was always defense bc you just stood in back not doing anything and if the other team scores they blame it on the goalie.

I play a bit of football here and there, I was usually a striker back in high school xD not sure if I still got it.

Football is nice to play for fun/casually, but there's no way on earth that you'll catch me on the pitch in a proper game. I used to join in with the guys playing football at lunch, although now it always turns into some kind of dumb fight and I'm not keen on fighting. No interest in watching football matches either because I usually lose interest after the first 10 minutes of a game.

Our school only lets the guys play football for PE, so the girls have less options available. It sucks really but what can you do.

I play on rep. Mainly a defender and that's where one, I love, and two, I'm best at. I am pretty solid and I like to shut people down.

Playing full field is pretty tiring though, and soon enough I will have to give up soccer ):

Football is nice to play for fun/casually, but there's no way on earth that you'll catch me on the pitch in a proper game. I used to join in with the guys playing football at lunch, although now it always turns into some kind of dumb fight and I'm not keen on fighting. No interest in watching football matches either because I usually lose interest after the first 10 minutes of a game.

Our school only lets the guys play football for PE, so the girls have less options available. It sucks really but what can you do.

wow sexism down with the patriarchy

adult pickup soccer

Wanky.gif

i played soccer from ages 5-8 then i quit coz i realized i was no longer a boy

my tip is to stand around and then kick everyones shins (secretly make ur soccer shoes steel cap so it hurts them)

I only play casually with friends, but I have considered joining a league. Been watching BPL for a few years now, Chelsea are pretty much expected to win this season, or at the very least place second.

Jake. said:
then i quit coz i realized i was no longer a boy

lol

Wanky.gif

i played soccer from ages 5-8 then i quit coz i realized i was no longer a boy

my tip is to stand around and then kick everyones shins (secretly make ur soccer shoes steel cap so it hurts them)

omg jake lol

I play sometimes. My dad is a coach so i hear a lot of coaching stuff from him. Basically, any questions and i can ask. It is good to kick through the ball and just stand your ground for a tackle because people will be off guard and you will have the ball.

I should get back into soccer. I had the time of my life as a kid,
but had to stop for, er, different reasons.
I really want to get into it again, though <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh! My tip? Have fun. No matter what.
Don't turn it into a job ;)

My tip to defenders:

Wait for a player to hesitate if they are trying to deke you. If it means being patient then be patiet. It is the reason I win a lot in challenges for soccer.

Also for forwards and midfielders, instead of doing the scissor thing, move the ball to one side then move it to the other to psych them out.

Back