• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Easy and cheap video game cosplay ideas!

Kaboombo

pizza?
Bells
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Okay, my friend from school invited me to go to a gaming expo for his birthday party and he's invited me and 4 other friends who are all gonna cosplay as a video game character (like you're supposed to do) and I have no idea what to cosplay as! I'm thinking about a female Mario or Zelda... But they're too expensive! Can I get some ideas for an outfit? Thanks!

Last edited:
Cosplay any character you want. You do play video games right? Just pick anyone. What's your budget?

$10 is not enough for a proper cosplay unless you plan on doing something like buying a piece of bedsheet and pasting two pieces of cardboard on it for a pacman cosplay.

I suggest you don't cosplay at all. It doesn't matter.

Well... I was thinking of Steve from Minecraft (e.g. blue shirt, pants, cut out some cardboard and paint it for a pickaxe) but I'm still not sure...

Well he did say dress up. Besides, I don't think I'll be embarassed in a blue shirt and pants. I'll probably just dress as Steve.

Just dress as you normally would, and say you're cosplaying as your Mii 8)

cheap and easy cosplay

Haha! My first idea is to go into your closet, lay out all your clothes, and see what they remind you of. If not, you can always wear a sole color t-shirt and pants and say you're going as a Mii :3c
People with those slap-together cosplays sometimes pull it off really well.

Back