• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What does the emoticon ^3^ mean?

bfidle

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
See there's this girl I really like in school, and one day I decided to give her a gift through text. And if you're curious what it was, it was a demo code for Smash Bros 3ds (she's a girl gamer) She responded with "Thanks bro!" and that got me scared at first. Then all of a sudden she texts "So how are you?" and some other stuff but the rest isn't important. When I responded back to her, she texts me this out of nowhere. Just ^3^ , nothing else. I am hoping this means what I think it means but I want to know what you think.

I assume she's trying to tell you that she's feeling good.

Last edited:
1. A smiley face, meaning you are happy, but it is more than ":)" or ":D"
Similar to o3o , but more cheerful. The "^^"s depict closed eyes and the "3" depicts puckered lips.

2. A smiley face meaning you are impressed.

3. A smiley face meaning you want to kiss someone.

They probably ran out of things to say. Or just sent it as "lel, hehe" with fat lips.

Gah I wish I knew what to think >_< I just assumed at first that it was a kissy face since that's what it looks like, but now I'm not sure. And she's NEVER texted me this face before or anything like this. I mean all I said was that I was enjoying myself with the demo and that the game looks amazing. I don't see how that could cause a text like this.

You're reading into this too much. She sent it because you're a boring conversationalist and there's nothing left to say.

Hmm too late to ask now, but in the moment you probably could have just asked what face that was before it was awkward :p

If you like her though why not ask her on a date.

I did a google search and the only thing that came up was this on wikipedia (*^3^)/~☆ which apparently is "blowing a kiss".

But yeah, I think she just means it as a generic sign of happiness or pleasure and isn't necessarily implying that she wants to bed you.

You're reading into this too much. She sent it because you're a boring conversationalist and there's nothing left to say.

This tbh.
If she just sent you a smiley face, she probably wants you to start a conversation with her, or else you just won't respond.

Back