• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The New UK Flag

Yuki Nagato

Data Overmind Humanoid
Bells
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Pokéball
Cake
So, as some of you may know Scotland are having a referendum on leaving the United Kingdom on Thursday. In case you didn't know, the blue on the UK's flag represents Scotland - if they leave the chances are that will change.

Now, this thread isn't about whether or not Scotland should leave. I mean, feel free to discuss it, but the primary focus is the flag. What should the new design be if it does have to change; if Scotland do decide to go? What would happen to all of the former colony flags, such as Australia and New Zealand's?

article-0-0F71B62B00000578-770_634x316.jpg

Wouldn't the flag just go back to England's flag?

or would they include Wales now

It will probably say the same :p
I doubt they would change it as it is too merchandised and iconic :)

Last edited:
The UK flag's gonna look weeeiirrd without Scotland. I hope it stays the same.

Last edited:
I'm more worried about the map in . It's gonna look really small and funnily shaped ;A;

I'm laughing at how incomplete the Un-united Kingdom flag might be looking. It looks dumb without the blue, I mean, they should come up with a whole new design if you ask me.

If they decide to leave (which, by the way, I think they're better off not doing in the first place) then there's no point in sticking with the old design without the blue because it just doesn't look right, in my opinion.

I'm laughing at how incomplete the Un-united Kingdom flag might be looking. It looks dumb without the blue, I mean, they should come up with a whole new design if you ask me.

If they decide to leave (which, by the way, I think they're better off not doing in the first place) then there's no point in sticking with the old design without the blue because it just doesn't look right, in my opinion.

I want them to stay, but I've just read this headline:

''We'll give you more powers AND more cash than England': Desperate Cameron, Clegg and Miliband in last-ditch bribe to Scotland (but a parliament for the English is ruled OUT)' on the Daily Mail website. If they do end up staying I don't want them to be treated as higher beings than us English folk.

I really like this one: it represents Northern Ireland/Jersey, England and Wales.
union-flag_green4.gif

I want them to stay, but I've just read this headline:

''We'll give you more powers AND more cash than England': Desperate Cameron, Clegg and Miliband in last-ditch bribe to Scotland (but a parliament for the English is ruled OUT)' on the Daily Mail website. If they do end up staying I don't want them to be treated as higher beings than us English folk.

I really like this one: it represents Northern Ireland/Jersey, England and Wales.
union-flag_green4.gif

That's crazy. Making Scotland superior to bribe them to stay will only cause my issues in the future for a start. Like England has an ideal amount of cash anyway.

Eh. I'm not the biggest fan of darker shades of green together with red, but it definitely looks better than just red and white alone. There isn't an amazing amount of choice though I guess, if they're sticking with the original base design.

EDIT: just deleting the last paragraph, not rly appropriate
But yeah, the flag and map,is gonna be messed up. I think they should keep it the same tho cos it's kinda iconic if u get me.

Last edited:
jake takes over and turns it into bidoof nation and takes over. it will happen i swear. made a new flag and everything. we will even print my flag on a 3d printer so it will gif!!

hwVtgTm.gif

jake takes over and turns it into bidoof nation and takes over. it will happen i swear. made a new flag and everything. we will even print my flag on a 3d printer so it will gif!!

hwVtgTm.gif

I am sincerely hoping this will be real.

hwVtgTm.gif

If that was the UK flag everyone would move here though

hwVtgTm.gif

have fun with that

- - - Post Merge - - -

Does David Cameron have the power to make the UK flag his face ?

no cod the queen has to accept it... I think....

Does David Cameron have the power to make the UK flag his face ?

Don't think so. I would imagine that people would try and vote him out in the elections so we'd have to change the flag again.

being half scottish and half english, i'll be freaking pissed if they leave. Hopefully if they do go not much will change, because i'll be annoyed if every time I cross the border I have to change my currency... /rant over
But anyway I think the flag will stay the same

I've always been a little upset that the welsh dragon isn't on the flag, it would be such a cool feature to a pretty boring flag

I actually want to Scotland to leave (I don't hate them or anything), provided Alex salmond (no idea if that's right) does all that he says he will. I want to move there when I'm older and I think a lot of what he is saying would be great (no nuclear weapons etc) plus the healthcare is better etc. Edinburgh is my favourite city and I love visiting, I really want to go to uni there. if they don't that's fine I will still want to go live there. I heard the polls are saying it's pretty much a tie right now. I have honestly no idea how it's gonna go.

Flag wise I think it would be a shame to loose the Union Jack but I like the one where the blue parts are green. It's nice to include wales.

Back