• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Pokemon General

It was a thing in X/Y as well. Fletchling and Espurr were all over the place.
And it would be a good alternative to NOT HAVING POKEMON FOLLOW US

Mega Evolutions for all the Frontier Brains. Mega Seviper pls

Seeing as Steven Stone is the Champion again in OR/AS, it'll be Wallace. I'm hoping we still see Juan at some point.

Yeah, I know. Hopefully so! It'd be nice, but I do wish they'd follow us again.

Has Frontier been confirmed? It's not on the map (at least visibly) it seemed, so I've begun giving up hope on it.

ALSO:
In The Games Department
Pok?mon Bank - Celebi Reminder

When it was first released at the start of this year, Pok?mon Bank came with a special gift for everyone who opened up their Pok?mon Bank, either in the trial or afterwards. This give was a special Level 10 Celebi with the special move, Hold Back. This Celebi is only to be distributed for 10 more days, with the event ending on September 30th. From that point on, you'll be unable to receive it, so be sure to get it while you can.

If you've got a spare $5, get that Pokebank now to claim Celebi if you haven't already!

There will be another one in about 5 years or so

For Japan. Rest of the world has to wait 5ever.

Man I was the coolest kid on the block for having that Bryant Park Celebi for the longest time. We need more Celebi events. :(

Yeah, I know. Hopefully so! It'd be nice, but I do wish they'd follow us again.

Has Frontier been confirmed? It's not on the map (at least visibly) it seemed, so I've begun giving up hope on it.
I know a lot of people are disappointed by that. I'm not even sure if the 3DS would be able to handle it. Still, it would have been a really nice extra. RIP, I guess.
But it'll come back in G4 remakes in some form.

Not really been confirmed, but I imagine something similar is going to be in it? Crystal had the Battle Tower, but in HG/SS they had the full-fledged Platinum Battle Frontier dumped in there. Maybe it's hopeful thinking, but it'd be a huge disappointment if they didn't include the Frontier.
Apart from that, I'm not even sure where the Frontier would be located, as even in Emerald you had to take a boat to it. At least, I don't remember there being a Flying spot for it.

For Japan. Rest of the world has to wait 5ever.

Man I was the coolest kid on the block for having that Bryant Park Celebi for the longest time. We need more Celebi events. :(

NoA needs more events.

I know a lot of people are disappointed by that. I'm not even sure if the 3DS would be able to handle it. Still, it would have been a really nice extra. RIP, I guess.

How would the 3DS not be able to handle it???

How would the 3DS not be able to handle it???
Just a wild and likely stupid guess on my part. The thing is that the overworld can't even be shown in 3D and battles lag to ****. OR/AS is likely not going to be any different. Seeing the amount of randomly moving NPCs in X/Y (like 0) I assume that animating something alongside the trainer is too much, especially when it comes to bigger maps.
X/Y is the exact opposite of Castelia City and Join Avenue in Gen 5, where people are constantly walking through. Everybody in X/Y is just standing there picking their nose. So that's why I'm assuming that adding more character animation to the overworld, even if it is a Pokemon, would somehow slow it down. Might not be a considerable slowdown, but noticeable nonetheless.

Again, just a guess on my part. And I'd love to be wrong.

But it'll come back in G4 remakes in some form.

Not really been confirmed, but I imagine something similar is going to be in it? Crystal had the Battle Tower, but in HG/SS they had the full-fledged Platinum Battle Frontier dumped in there. Maybe it's hopeful thinking, but it'd be a huge disappointment if they didn't include the Frontier.
Apart from that, I'm not even sure where the Frontier would be located, as even in Emerald you had to take a boat to it. At least, I don't remember there being a Flying spot for it.
It would be nice yeah, spoiled by the Gen 4/5 games and all their sprites.

Something similar will be in it probably, I can't imagine them not doing that. At the very least another Battle Tower. In Emerald you had to take the boat I think, but even then it still showed up on the map I believe. It's been awhile since I played Emerald, so I could be wrong.

NoA needs more events.
Preach it. Shiny Jirachi Nintendo PLS. At least we're getting the Shiny Mega Gengar and Diancie events soon. Downside is that they're stupid serial codes.

Just a wild and likely stupid guess on my part. The thing is that the overworld can't even be shown in 3D and battles lag to ****. OR/AS is likely not going to be any different. Seeing the amount of randomly moving NPCs in X/Y (like 0) I assume that animating something alongside the trainer is too much, especially when it comes to bigger maps.
X/Y is the exact opposite of Castelia City and Join Avenue in Gen 5, where people are constantly walking through. Everybody in X/Y is just standing there picking their nose. So that's why I'm assuming that adding more character animation to the overworld, even if it is a Pokemon, would somehow slow it down. Might not be a considerable slowdown, but noticeable nonetheless.

Again, just a guess on my part. And I'd love to be wrong.

Did you not see Lumiose

lots of randomly moving NPCs

Did you not see Lumiose

lots of randomly moving NPCs
Funny thing is that I'm in Lumiose on a daily basis due to breeding now. I like to ride around the city. Apart from Litleo and Marill in the north and Furfrou in the south, all character models are static. And even the Pokemon mentioned aren't greatly animated. Furfrou and Litleo have like three different poses they quickly cycle through as they run around, Marill sometimes take a step in certain directions with about as many poses. I think if we were to have Pokemon following us, that wouldn't suffice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It would be nice yeah, spoiled by the Gen 4/5 games and all their sprites.

Something similar will be in it probably, I can't imagine them not doing that. At the very least another Battle Tower. In Emerald you had to take the boat I think, but even then it still showed up on the map I believe. It's been awhile since I played Emerald, so I could be wrong.
I was referring to Amity Meadow or whatever it was called. Certain Pokemon would follow you there, HG/SS just built on that by having all Pokemon follow you.

Might have been wrong about it not being on the map, but I seriously don't remember it.

Funny thing is that I'm in Lumiose on a daily basis due to breeding now. I like to ride around the city. Apart from Litleo and Marill in the north and Furfrou in the south, all character models are static. And even the Pokemon mentioned aren't greatly animated. Furfrou and Litleo have like three different poses they quickly cycle through as they run around, Marill sometimes take a step in certain directions with about as many poses. I think if we were to have Pokemon following us, that wouldn't suffice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was referring to Amity Meadow or whatever it was called. Certain Pokemon would follow you there, HG/SS just built on that by having all Pokemon follow you.

Might have been wrong about it not being on the map, but I seriously don't remember it.

Don't forget the sleeping Skiddo!

Yeah, I followed. :p I spent way to much time there in Diamond and Platinum.

Actually I just noticed there's people going into and coming out of shops. It's so subtle that I didn't even notice until now. It's only one or two people at a time, but it's there.
I also rediscovered the draw distance this game has. Removes certain character models when you're just a short distance away from them. For shame.

Anyway, got a general question. Does the Masuda method work if it's a Japanese Ditto with anything breedable that's not Japanese, or do I have to have Pokemon from those specific egg groups for it to work? I swear, I've hatched like a billion eggs and still no shiny.

Anyway, got a general question. Does the Masuda method work if it's a Japanese Ditto with anything breedable that's not Japanese, or do I have to have Pokemon from those specific egg groups for it to work? I swear, I've hatched like a billion eggs and still no shiny.

It should work.

tumblr_mbxztvzc8A1qcu0j0o1_500.jpg

teehee

Last edited:
Torchic is who im gonna pick definetely.. why? see that GIF at the start of the thread by blue? (Mr. Gallows himself.) Blaziken.. has a drivers license. remember hes got chicken hands.. Well if he drives like that.. I guess you could say hes a *puts on sunglasses* Brave Bird.

Last edited:
Hey, can someone let me know what my Friend Safari is? I keep meaning to find out but I keep forgetting to ask someone to check :/

i thought it was any ditto that didn't have your ID but maybe foreign works better. there's a much better chance to get eggs and possibly shinies if the breeding pokemon have at least different ids. which reminds me, i should ask my brother for some dittos.

its funny, when i first got access to the daycare, i dumped in a male and female pikachu so i can get pichu's dex entry and the second or third egg was a shiny. i had just started the game a few days prior and it was a timid female. my brother is still upset about it but it didnt have any perfect ivs. though, he did get upset that i got a shiny zorua with 6ivs from wondertrade.

Back