Old Eggs
の
つ
ど
森
う
ぶ
Hey :D

I was wondering if people on this forum had designed or 3D printed anything?
There are many online companies that offer 3D printing, but Shapeways is probably the biggest name at the moment.

If anyone has designed or printed anything, it would be really cool if you could shared it :D

I have this fascination with 3D printing at the moment...

Last edited:
My friend bought a 3D printer. I don't know how he got it since he doesn't have a job. I haven't seen many pics of it but it's not that big. He's made like little parts and such.

I think it's a very cool device and it's fascinating because I can't comprehend how it works (I mean not like I ever tried to research how it functions)

All my knowledge comes from that one episode of the big bang theory

3D printers are expensive as hell too. And whatever substance it uses to print stuff probably isn't cheap either

My friend bought a 3D printer. I don't know how he got it since he doesn't have a job. I haven't seen many pics of it but it's not that big. He's made like little parts and such.

I think it's a very cool device and it's fascinating because I can't comprehend how it works (I mean not like I ever tried to research how it functions)

All my knowledge comes from that one episode of the big bang theory

3D printers are expensive as hell too. And whatever substance it uses to print stuff probably isn't cheap either

Cool! I'd love to own one.
I'll stick with Shapeways for the moment though.

And yeh, the materials aren't that cheap. I think the cheapest is plastic but you can print in stainless steel and even precious metals... So crazy really.

Also, I love The Big Bang Theory xD

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of 3D printing. Like on Tumblr, I saw a post for a 3D printing pen that blew my mind. The future is now, guys.

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of 3D printing. Like on Tumblr, I saw a post for a 3D printing pen that blew my mind. The future is now, guys.

Yeh, it's pretty crazy. You can even 3D Print food and things like Sweets.

The easiest way to describe it is that it prints it one layer at a time, slowly building up the model; each layer is like a single piece of paper :)

My friend had a 3D printing business! He's on Facebook under Duplicant. I'd link, except I'm on my phone and its difficult. D :

He goes to cons, scans people in cosplay on a turntable, and then prints them! Its suuuuuuper cool~

He printed me some stuff for my costumes too, like custom hilt pieces for my Erza Scarlet sword and Homura's time shield.

I love 3d printing. I once saw it being done at a festival, and the result was so detailed!
My mum is up for this sorta thing so as soon as 3d doodlers and printers become cheap I guarantee we will have one.

My friend had a 3D printing business! He's on Facebook under Duplicant. I'd link, except I'm on my phone and its difficult. D :

He goes to cons, scans people in cosplay on a turntable, and then prints them! Its suuuuuuper cool~

He printed me some stuff for my costumes too, like custom hilt pieces for my Erza Scarlet sword and Homura's time shield.

No way! That's really cool.
I've heard about people being scanned and then turned into mini 3D prints.
It's awesome he can do it with cosplay and stuff ^^

Also, if you ever want to sell a poke ball, please let me know ;_; lol

I love 3d printing. I once saw it being done at a festival, and the result was so detailed!
My mum is up for this sorta thing so as soon as 3d doodlers and printers become cheap I guarantee we will have one.

I'm the same... I think if you wait a few years, they'll be as common as normal printers xD

No way! That's really cool.
I've heard about people being scanned and then turned into mini 3D prints.
It's awesome he can do it with cosplay and stuff ^^

Also, if you ever want to sell a poke ball, please let me know ;_; lol

It is suuuper cool~ friend is working on putting together a kick starter printer pack for sale. Working on getting the lasers right. His printers are very much an experimental science and there are new upgrades every week or so. He prints upgrade parts for them with them. XD

The guy who he got his original parts / software from hangs out in this create space workshop like 2 blocks from my friend's place, so he just drops in to ask him all sorts of printer questions.

I have 1 more pokeball I can sell, my hidden 7th one. Looking for tbt and/or game codes.

Sorry for awkwardly typed message. Mobile internet is lame, i miss my laptop. .-.

It is suuuper cool~ friend is working on putting together a kick starter printer pack for sale. Working on getting the lasers right. His printers are very much an experimental science and there are new upgrades every week or so. He prints upgrade parts for them with them. XD

The guy who he got his original parts / software from hangs out in this create space workshop like 2 blocks from my friend's place, so he just drops in to ask him all sorts of printer questions.

I have 1 more pokeball I can sell, my hidden 7th one. Looking for tbt and/or game codes.

Sorry for awkwardly typed message. Mobile internet is lame, i miss my laptop. .-.

That's really cool... A 3D printer that can print 3D printers xD

I've only modelled a couple of things. Some Dice and a Rubik's style Twisty Puzzle, but I use Shapeways to print them so they're a tiny bit expensive to print compared to if you did it yourself >.<

Self replicating printers. One day he'll wake up and there will be a little baby printer in the living room or something. XD he has an abs and a resin printer.

I think he told me my entire shield was like $10 worth of plastic? And like 15 hours.

The printers make cute noises while they print, like they're singing.

Self replicating printers. One day he'll wake up and there will be a little baby printer in the living room or something. XD he has an abs and a resin printer.

I think he told me my entire shield was like $10 worth of plastic? And like 15 hours.

The printers make cute noises while they print, like they're singing.

Yeh.. I'm pretty sure it's the start of the Robot Revolution :L

That's pretty cheap I think... I guess Shapeways have to make profit somewhere though.

Aww ^_^

my school had a 3D printer and it was hella cool

until one day the IT teacher got her finger jammed up inside of it and got it chopped off then the 3D printer was taken away

they made phone cases with it and sold them at football games lol /raking in the money

my school had a 3D printer and it was hella cool

until one day the IT teacher got her finger jammed up inside of it and got it chopped off then the 3D printer was taken away

they made phone cases with it and sold them at football games lol /raking in the money

Maaaaan that is super cool!

Except for the losing a finger bit. Ouch. .-.

I am waiting for the tech to improve a bit before actually buying one haha, but I did get a wind waker printed from shapeways haha

Apparently my school had one. We were supposed to be allowed to print out our cellphones that we designed for Graphics.

There are three Graphics classes for my Year level, but my class never got to print our phones out...

I am waiting for the tech to improve a bit before actually buying one haha, but I did get a wind waker printed from shapeways haha

That's too cool.
I've only printed out my Twisty Puzzle from Shapeways.
Shapeways has way too much nerdy/gaming memorabilia xD Love it!

Apparently my school had one. We were supposed to be allowed to print out our cellphones that we designed for Graphics.

There are three Graphics classes for my Year level, but my class never got to print our phones out...

Ah, that sucks :/

We have a 3D printer and I chose the classes that used them lolo

But it's better that than make a pair of pants I won't wear

Back