• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

3D Printing...

I am a 3D artist, and so I have to take 3D printing into consideration with all the new technology brewing.

I've decided not to modify or design my available-to-purchase models for printing simply because I don't think the technology is good enough quite yet. When it is, I have plans to auction off little statues of my models and things.

That being said, once someone has bought my model I'm perfectly fine with them printing it out themselves for personal use. It's just that they'd have to do all the necessary modification themselves.

I honestly can't wait until these things become more affordable/accessible because I want one.

I would love a 3-D printer, especially being a person who sculpts stuff, it would be so rad to be able to scan and duplicate items, I know I can make molds and stuff but it would be cool to be able to just print things to order and be able to PROFIT off my works. X.X

I've had a few items of mine 3-D printed, including some decorations, jewelry, and containers. It is currently still really expensive to build 3-D printers, but it is a very nice medium to work with, especially when you have something very specific in mind that you want made that you just can't really find anywhere else.

Back