• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Documentaries

Beardo

Tikki, spots on!
Bells
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ancient Candle
Voodoo Doll
August Birthstone (Peridot)
I love documentaries! But, I've run into the problem of not having any to watch, so, maybe you guys could suggest some? My favorites are; The Woman Who Wasn't There, Blackfish, Indie Game, and Jesus Camp.

The more brutal the better ;)

What to watch:

Exit Through the Giftshop

The Poughkeepsie Tapes

How To Die In Oregon

Last edited:
I very rarely watch documentaries, but I've been meaning to watch Paris Is Burning for a long time. I've heard really good things about it, and if you're into LGBT culture, you may want to check it out. It's about POC ball culture in New York, mainly.

Over the Summer, I've been watching a lot of End of the World Documentaries LOL. My favorite is this one where they list the top 10 causes of an Apocalypes on Earth. 10 being the least likely to 1 being the most likey (in fact, it could be happening as we speak)

I'll try to find the video :p

I very rarely watch documentaries, but I've been meaning to watch Paris Is Burning for a long time. I've heard really good things about it, and if you're into LGBT culture, you may want to check it out. It's about POC ball culture in New York, mainly.

I'll look into it! Thanks~

i love documentaries and i can never seem to find good ones i shall be lurking on this thread

I found the video. I'm sorry if you're not into this kind of stuff, you know, "ITS THE END OF THE WORLD" conspiacy stuff. I don't watch those bull**** video on the right (like something about the president and secret stff). They're usually a waste of time imo. I usually watch the related videos that are documentaries by National Geographic. So here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ancfun2U04s

I don't believe every little thing they say, but it gives you something to think about after.

Jesus Camp was the best... I might have seen it like 50 times by now. I feel bad for being so entertained by it.

Jesus Camp sounds interesting. I'll have to look into that.
I like Exit Through the Gift Shop.

Jesus Camp was the best... I might have seen it like 50 times by now. I feel bad for being so entertained by it.

The whole time I was watching it I was both extremely entertained and horrified. Probably gonna sit down and watch it again tonight.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I found one on Netflix called 'Dear Zachary'. Its sad, beautiful, and definitely worth a watch!

People instilling any kind of fanatical belief in their children scares the **** out of me.

That being said, Blackfish about made me want to kill someone. I can't remember the name of them right now, but I've also seen travel documentaries on places like North Korea.

Oh, and you have to see General Butt Naked. Because.

People instilling any kind of fanatical belief in their children scares the **** out of me.

That being said, Blackfish about made me want to kill someone. I can't remember the name of them right now, but I've also seen travel documentaries on places like North Korea.

Oh, and you have to see General Butt Naked. Because.

Yeah

I'm rewatching Jesus Camp to stop me from crying over Dear Zachary. The whole 'Speaking In Tongues' **** creeps me the **** out! I went to a church camp 2 summers ago for some ungodly reason, and they did that speaking in tongues thing for like 10 minutes, and J just stood there really, really, really scared and disturbed. TheyalsomadesomehomophobicommentsbutI'mnotgonnagetintothat

I guess I really need to watch Jesus Camp now. You guys have me officially intrigued!

The guy who stars in The Elephant in the Living Room (Tim Harrison) is from nearby where I'm from in Ohio. I got to hear him speak after the infamous exotic animal fiasco in 2011 and bought the blue ray to watch as soon as I got home. Watched it but was not at all prepared. I actually had to stop it at one part because I got physically sick from seeing something I did not expect and sobbed the rest of the film. Was really good though and highly recommend!

If you're interested in animal welfare it may be something you'd find entertaining.

First of all, Blackfish was disproven, although it was inspired by the true story of Lolita the orca and Seaworld is suing the people who made it.
Second, my favorite documentaries are The Bully Project and It's A Girl.

Yeah

I'm rewatching Jesus Camp to stop me from crying over Dear Zachary. The whole 'Speaking In Tongues' **** creeps me the **** out! I went to a church camp 2 summers ago for some ungodly reason, and they did that speaking in tongues thing for like 10 minutes, and J just stood there really, really, really scared and disturbed. TheyalsomadesomehomophobicommentsbutI'mnotgonnagetintothat

I have nothing at all against religious folks.

I do, however think there is a significant problem involving crazy people being able to pump bull**** into their kids' heads through the guise of religion. If you're telling anyone that anyone else is to hated, or less than you, or that you should feel immense guilt over things you haven't done, you're doing it wrong.

I get like this a lot- I think religion is important to people and has every right to be. but seriously, if you're going to pass a message on to your kids, it should be based in love and not fanaticism.

- - - Post Merge - - -

First of all, Blackfish was disproven, although it was inspired by the true story of Lolita the orca and Seaworld is suing the people who made it.
Second, my favorite documentaries are The Bully Project and It's A Girl.

How do you "disprove" Blackfish?

The ones Louis Theroux does are really good, especially the one he does about scientology, they annoy he so much that he actually loses it and he is a massive professional and has never done that. It's incredibly interesting. He recently did one about the Westbro Baptist church but i've avoided that one as i'll get horribly angry over it.

The ones Louis Theroux does are really good, especially the one he does about scientology, they annoy he so much that he actually loses it and he is a massive professional and has never done that. It's incredibly interesting. He recently did one about the Westbro Baptist church but i've avoided that one as i'll get horribly angry over it.

Where can I find the one about the Baptist church?

Back