ever been scammed in acnl?

I haven't been scammed yet. I tend to stay away from people on here that have been rude to others, and I'm honestly overly cautious so I follow everyone in my town.

Well, kinda.. I had a bunch of rare hybrids next to the train station. 2 people came, i didn't trust them so I hided behind a tree (that tree was mext to my rare hybrids) they couldn't see me. So, I was standing there behing the tree when I see somekne hrabbing my hybrids. So, I said: WHAT ARE U DOING?! And I walked to the person who tried to steal my hybrids. (I saw that he was grabbing them, cause I was behind a tree) anyway, spy on them. It's funny to see someone grabbing your hybrids and then scare them. Lol.

ha ha! XD i did that once! i was hiding near my house and someone was trying to take my pink flowers.. then i ran in front of them and yelled "i saw you steal my hybrids! put them back or ill flip the switch!" then they yelled "HOLY ****!" then they ran to the train station he he.. i flipped the switch XD epic FAIL

omg haha! If someone tries to steal my flowers, I will 100% try this ahahaa

When I first started playing, I added random people from club tour timer. Mostly it worked out. I'm still friends with four of them, and have all four on bf chat too.

But the dozens of others didn't work. Either they ran and squashed flowers, or asked for bells all the time, or wanted to play with glitches in my town (which I don't want to risk), or stole hybrids.

I lost stuff I left out for dreamers, and silver tools (I had no gold at the time), and bush starts I hadn't planted yet. Then one person I had been nice to and given bells to had some items I their house I wanted to catalogue. He said only if I paid 25k each. Since he had stolen from me before (which was why I was in his town and not letting him in my own) I got irritated. I deleted every friend card except 4 and now I only add people from this site, and usually only for trades.

I've never been scammed by anyone, cause I rarely invite people just to hang to my town or add people from Club Tortimer.

I never got scammed in ACNL, but I did do a big favor for one of my ex-friends by holding onto his stuff as he deletes his town for a new town. He promises to pay me a lot of Bells if I do the favor. And so I did, but I waited after I gave him his items back. I never got the money since he was too busy on other things while there was no way to contact him. I wouldn't think of this as a scam, but other users told me that I was scammed. I'm not holding onto stuff for other people anymore when they are resetting their towns.

When I was a new member here a person said they had an amazing deal for me! They would sell me the FULL streetpass ice cream set for ONLY 200 TBT! I said yes as, at the time, I did not know how expensive that is (10 million bells!) They gave me the set and I said thanks, but when I checked it there were only seven ice-creams and not eight.....What a great deal!!

Nope, I play Animal Crossing as a single player experience, I don't trust people online to respect things in general anyways. (Unless I know them)

When I was a new member here a person said they had an amazing deal for me! They would sell me the FULL streetpass ice cream set for ONLY 200 TBT! I said yes as, at the time, I did not know how expensive that is (10 million bells!) They gave me the set and I said thanks, but when I checked it there were only seven ice-creams and not eight.....What a great deal!!

Not a great deal at all. And shouldn't they be cheaper?

I was learning to dupe apparently because I thought it was worth it but they really just said here put your stuff down and ran off. Never learned to dupe even to this day

- - - Post Merge - - -

Glad I didnt really

I certainly have! And then i turned it right back in their face. Heres the story. I did a trade with some one and my mate was also trading with them that morning. Once they stole my goodluck rolls and ogre faces, I explained to them the situation and they managed to return them from their station.

A year ago when i first sold a villager. The bid went up to 19 million. Which i thought was ridiculous, so i actually gave the winning person a discount and we agreed upon 9 million. He came and dropped, and i just let him do it... After a while, he told me he was done, so i trusted him. Turns out he dropped bags of 99,000 but also bags of smaller quantities. So at first glance, the amount of bags looked right, but it was waaaaaay under 9 mil. Like half of that. :(. Tricky.

A year ago when i first sold a villager. The bid went up to 19 million. Which i thought was ridiculous, so i actually gave the winning person a discount and we agreed upon 9 million. He came and dropped, and i just let him do it... After a while, he told me he was done, so i trusted him. Turns out he dropped bags of 99,000 but also bags of smaller quantities. So at first glance, the amount of bags looked right, but it was waaaaaay under 9 mil. Like half of that. :(. Tricky.
ID BEAT THAT KID UP OMG THAT MADE ME SO MAD HOW MUCH MONEY SHORT ARE YOU I WILL PAY THIS FOR YOU YOU POOR THING

Nope. I've been lucky enough not to. Out of all the Club Tortimer people I've met, I've only actually exchanged Friend Codes with two of them, and only one let me visit her town. The one that let me visit acted like she was maybe an eleven year old, and her town wasn't very developed. She was really nice though :)

I haven't really been scammed but then again I barely trade with random people. Like I just have this friend who is willing to go hunt down all the things I need so I really don't need to connect with others.

I haven't been scammed, though several attempts have been made. The most noteworthy of which was when I won an (obviously shady) auction for a full 7/11 set plus some extra balloon furniture. I got there, dropped about 6 million and collected the balloon extras, then the message that it's time to leave started popping up. I just flicked my wi-fi switch since I had already been expecting that to happen.

Not really anything beyond that. Some people that try to underpay or not pay at all until I point it out to them. I have zero tolerance for those kinds of people.

When I was a noob I gave someone about 200,000 which was all I had :( they knew I was new so they just lied and stuff :')

Back