• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ever been scammed in acnl?

I havent been scammed yet.

I came across one misunderstanding on here where a villager trade didnt go as planned. Resetti kept showing up and the user whom I was buying the villager from kept saving, but we didnt realize at the time that the only way a villager will move to your town after you asked them is if you end the session or if you leave from the train station yourself. I asked for my money back and it took a couple days for her to respond back, but she was more than happy to give it back since the villager never showed up.

Another time I offered to hold items for someone and they told me it would only be a few days. I ended up holding her things for a little over a month, and I would hear from her every 3-4 days but she was online all the time. Every time we would set up a time she would say she couldnt right when we were supposed to wifi together. I feared that she was going to turn around, and claim that I stole her stuff! Finally after awhile she did come get her stuff, but she didnt get all of it. I contacted her right after the session ended but I never, and still havent, heard from her since then.

So weird o.o;

Not really scammed but in City Folk, someone came into my town and wanted to play hide and seek. At the time I didn't know better...they totally wrecked my town, cut down all my trees and trampled all my flowers. I didn't have hybrids so I'm sure they didn't steal them.

ID BEAT THAT KID UP OMG THAT MADE ME SO MAD HOW MUCH MONEY SHORT ARE YOU I WILL PAY THIS FOR YOU YOU POOR THING

HAHAHA!! :D
I've never been scammed...(Or at least I think not!)
I did once have 1 million bells on the ground by the station and then a friend came to play, when they left again... I never new if all the bells were there or not after that... :confused:
But all these posts :O I feel soo sorry for everyone who this happened to.
Ha... Hope no one is horrid enough to scam me as well as EVERYONE, like, probably billions of 'em!
Hate people that try to act all sweet and innocent, and THEN they're just this horrible old meanie scamming ya of everything ya own. Grrrrrr! Hate people like that! ~

When I was new just little things, like I did an awful trade where one person paid a villager for me in exchange for my Diana..I got the lesser villager but no money just me not thinking and I fought hard to get that precious villager back later. Other times, I am bad with math and I trust, so if someone throws some 100 bags down while dropping I tended not to notice. Only other times were high t villagers mistaken move outs where I was so emotional, Marshall the person got him at well a big big deal of a price because I didn't stop collect myself think and post him later. So don't try to sell when emotional or auction, ect. Only real scam I caught he must have been a hack because he jumped from spot to spot on my map not following me, said went in wrong house..and I'm like why are you anywhere but following me right to the adoptee..um gold rose where'd you go, lol. These were all when I first started, so now I am much more wise about things. Especially with so many new players and some older moving on but people here tend to be giving, that said the want for TBT may drive up greed in all areas so just make sure your paying fair prices for you.

Unrelated and sorry but I love my villagers: One I love dearly is leaving, if anyone knows someone wanting to adopt Tucker the Mammoth picture included send them my way, for my Fuzzers friend to get a home.

^ That is why I don't hold stuff for people

Me too. Somebody once let me borrow one of their things and they said it was okay as long as I gave it back. I had used it and was ready for return it, but the person never replied to my messages (however, they were replying to other peoples' messages through VM). It made me feel like the person was too lazy to sell their stuff so they just gave it to me so they could forget about it. The town was temporary, so when they stopped replying to me, I just reset the town and we haven't contacted since. ; o ;

Although you're helping someone out, being responsible for all that stuff worries me, because if I lost any of it or if my game got corrupted etc etc, I would be someone to blame and I hate making people upset, especially if I don't know them. ; n ;

I've been fortunate enough not to be scammed, but it really does suck when people think it's okay to do so. I did have an instance on Club Tortimer a couple days ago with a Spanish girl. She dropped 5k bells and told me I could take it. In the beginning I was reluctant to pick them up because I felt like she'd do something, but just as I was saying thank you and picking them up, she quickly picked her bells back up and resetti'd us. Not really a scam but it seemed a bit stupid that she'd do that. 5k bells is barely anything.

Other times, I am bad with math and I trust, so if someone throws some 100 bags down while dropping I tended not to notice..

This so much.

I'm bad at math and since I'm trading with someone, I usually panic because I don't want to keep them waiting so that causes me not to double check money or items. X_X Since the bells get dropped in 99's, it's hard for me to keep track how much the person has dropped.

This so much.

I'm bad at math and since I'm trading with someone, I usually panic because I don't want to keep them waiting so that causes me not to double check money or items. X_X Since the bells get dropped in 99's, it's hard for me to keep track how much the person has dropped.

I suggest doing the re-tail method! So much easier to keep track of how much the person has given you.

I haven't been on the multiplayer island in ages but everyone I met was always so nice... :c

But well, I've never been scammed bc I follow around any visitors I don't know in person but I did once have a person that started out nice enough...until he would curse at me and call me some vulgar stuff because apparently I didn't say hi to him (when in reality I'd say hi the first time but I put my 3ds into sleep mode the rest of the time and didn't feel the need to say hello)...really. Then there was that one time I got a Swapnote from his 'sister' saying 'he went to jail...' o.o

Be careful who you add to your list, folks.

I haven't been scammed for a few reasons:

1. I'm super carefully with who I let in my town and look at their trading history

2. I have trust issues

3. I hardly ever do trades with people

Last edited:
bumping this for you seems someone has made another thread like this although there is already one but it doesn't really matter :)

I've never been scammed, per se, but once on GameFAQs I let some people into my town to sell turnips because my price was over 500, and I noticed that one of them had slipped away and when I went to look around I saw that a lot of my hybrids had been taken. Fortunately I was able to flip the wi-fi switch in time before he was able to leave and the other two people were able to come back and sell their turnips after I removed the thief from my friends list.

Back