ever been scammed in acnl?

CuteKatie

I'm Katie! :3
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
well.. (please note this was years ago before i even found tbt.. i am now a changed person!) i used to be a scammer myself many many years ago... i enjoyed ripping people of it has fun.. it WAS very funny...
i always enjoyed this.. and when my sister started playing OH MAN! her face when i sole her fruit and hybrids! ha! but after years of doing this it got boring.. so i stopped... so a warning to all the scammers out there!
I USED TO BE ONE OF YOU! I KNOW HOW YOU THINK! IF YOU TRY TO RIP ME OF YOU WILL BE IN OR A SHOCK!

have YOU ever been scammed? if so, share your stories done below! hopefully this will help others avoid being scammed!

Last edited:
Someone stole all the fruit off my trees once as well as all my hybrids. As expected, I was pretty upset. I ended up clearing out my friendlist after the incident. (This was all ACC btw :rolleyes:)

I've never had problems after that.

Someone stole throwing beans from my plaza once. I left them there so people visiting my dream had something to play with.

Numerous times. Early on last year, when I first got the game, I made a Japanese friend via island tours. She gave me some gold roses, tools, perfect fruit baskets, and hybrid purple flowers of various kinds as a gift. When I ran out of storage space, I ended up leaving some of those things out on the ground by my home and the flowers were placed outside of Town Hall (except the gold roses, which I planted next to my house).

Feeling good about making new friends, I took my search to tumblr, where I was very active. I found a few people to exchange codes with who said they would like to come play island games. Out of the four that I invited, three of them stole flowers/fruit and tools from me that I had been given as a gift. I caught two in the act and they ran for the station. At the time and being a complete newbie to the game, I had no idea that you could force an error. I lost everything but two gold flowers out of the bunch. After that, I've been very careful about who to add, but even that can't protect you at all given that others can be perfectly friendly at first even if they plan to swindle you.

I'm very grateful for the ability to bring the hammer down on them now with a forced power-down. It's probably not too good for the 3DS, but it at least protects your town from any damage/lost items. I wish I had known that before I got my treasured gifts stolen.

No, but someone tried to scam bells from me on the island. I gave them half and flipped the switch to troll them.

Yeah, I've just recently started going to the Wifi island for the shop, and there are a large number of beggars, who all ask for surprisingly low amounts of bells. What's up with that? o-o

Yeah, I've just recently started going to the Wifi island for the shop, and there are a large number of beggars, who all ask for surprisingly low amounts of bells. What's up with that? o-o

It's kind of odd, if you ask me. The last I had requested from me was 20,000. I'm confused, myself...

No, but someone tried to scam bells from me on the island. I gave them half and flipped the switch to troll them.

Ahh, your post reminded me: I forgot about Island trolls (not referring to you, lol). I've been there with people who literally trap you on the island by starting a tour and then not sitting down. It's really annoying. There's error-inducing ones, too, who wait until you've caught some things out on the beach or bought something inside the shop and then error you out. These aren't scams, but it's still really irritating bad behavior.

I've been scammed with SSB4 demos before, if that counts :mad:

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. I saw the huge influx of buy/sell threads for those lately and I was wincing at the thought of ones who were going to take the payment and give a false code/no code in return. It was pretty ridiculous what's being charged for them, too. Dang. I was hoping people here wouldn't dare do something like that, given that it's such a big, public forum.

Unless you mean you were scammed the other way around----so I'm making an assumption with the above.

I've never been scammed in my town because I just flip the wi fi switch if anyone starts acting odd or disobeys my town rules. I once got trapped on the island by a troll but I flipped the switch then as well. I've had lots of people try to scam me on the island but as I don't use it for anything but hopping for items I just flip the switch.

I've been scammed with SSB4 demos before, if that counts :mad:

That's awful :(, I'd say contact the mods but I suppose there's not much that can be done as they can't prove either way if the code was good or not. I can't believe some people do things like that.

Like Manazran, I've been fortunate enough to have never been scammed :) Which is really quite lucky, 'cause I do leave a lot of stuff lying around on the ground XP Or maybe I just didn't notice...

Well, kinda.. I had a bunch of rare hybrids next to the train station. 2 people came, i didn't trust them so I hided behind a tree (that tree was mext to my rare hybrids) they couldn't see me. So, I was standing there behing the tree when I see somekne hrabbing my hybrids. So, I said: WHAT ARE U DOING?! And I walked to the person who tried to steal my hybrids. (I saw that he was grabbing them, cause I was behind a tree) anyway, spy on them. It's funny to see someone grabbing your hybrids and then scare them. Lol.

Last edited:
I haven't been scammed, but one of my friends friends made my actual friend cut down all my trees..... I didn't know because another person was playing hide and seek with me. I was a noob and didn't know that you could error :/

Wow, reading these stories.. I feel sorry for anyone who got scammed :( Fortunately, I have not been scammed myself (yet! I only traded with people on TBT and all have been so honest and kind♥) but reading about other people's experiences definitely helps me. I consider myself warned off wifi-ing with tumblrs, those folks there seem very unpredictable. So thanks to those who share their story!

Last edited:
Well, kinda.. I had a bunch of rare hybrids next to the train station. 2 people came, i didn't trust them so I hided behind a tree (that tree was mext to my rare hybrids) they couldn't see me. So, I was standing there behing the tree when I see somekne hrabbing my hybrids. So, I said: WHAT ARE U DOING?! And I walked to the person who tried to steal my hybrids. (I saw that he was grabbing them, cause I was behind a tree) anyway, spy on them. It's funny to see someone grabbing your hybrids and then scare them. Lol.

ha ha! XD i did that once! i was hiding near my house and someone was trying to take my pink flowers.. then i ran in front of them and yelled "i saw you steal my hybrids! put them back or ill flip the switch!" then they yelled "HOLY ****!" then they ran to the train station he he.. i flipped the switch XD epic FAIL

ha ha! XD i did that once! i was hiding near my house and someone was trying to take my pink flowers.. then i ran in front of them and yelled "i saw you steal my hybrids! put them back or ill flip the switch!" then they yelled "HOLY ****!" then they ran to the train station he he.. i flipped the switch XD epic FAIL

Yeah, that so funny. I was like: why did you grab my flowers?!? And they said: 'huh?!? Did I grab your flowers? That's weird!'

Yeah, right..

Back