• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros [RUMOUR] SUPER SMASH BROS WII U DATE REVEALED

i was speaking to someone about this earlier, and i'll just say the same thing.

if this is legit, it's a lot earlier than i expected. I honestly expected it to be december at the earliest. Either way, i'm fine with this if it ends up being legit. If that's the case I presume we'll find out soon

ohey i didn't notice that was the same release date LOL

good for the rest of the world, but for Australia means i'll have to pick ORAS up on the 21st and this will probs come out on the 22nd... yay two trips to the store in 2 days instead of just one day fml

Would Nintendo really release two games on the same day? Didn't they procrastinate New leafs release date because of all the other games they had to release?

Would Nintendo really release two games on the same day? Didn't they procrastinate New leafs release date because of all the other games they had to release?
This isn't the first time that happened.
Mario 3D World and Link Between Worlds came out on the same day last year.
Both were highly anticipated, and neither game hinder one game's sales.

Last edited:
i'm thinking it might be fake

tbh i really dont think its real either. i doubt that retailers would get a release date before nintendo officially states it or w/e

I think it's plausible (not probable, but plausible) and I'll tell you why:

The Mario Kart 8 DLC pack featuring Link is set to release in November (no specific date given yet). It would be the perfect advertisement/hype/extra sales pitch if it coincides with the release of Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

If it's true, then that's nuts.
ORAS, MK8 DLC, and Smash Bros Wii U.
A Triple Threat by Nintendo!

Rip wallets

They said Holiday 2014, I feel that if that date is real it will get bumped back to December 13th or so

I bloody hope not, my Mum won't let me buy both ORAS and SSBB within 2 weeks of each other .-. Especially when I have mock exams.... the struggle.

In the future, please make it clear in your thread titles that it's a rumour and not confirmed with matters like this. :p

Personally, I'm with Jake. I'd be impressed by this date.

No way. That is the release date of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. They know better than to do that.

Oh wait everyone and his mother just said that.

Nah, that's entirely possible. They just pulled the same thing with Super Mario 3D World and Link Between Worlds last year. Arguably their two biggest titles of the year. Also, Luigi's Mansion 2 and another Pokemon title in the spring last year. So they've done it twice now actually.

Also, this is the last friday before Black Friday. It would be a great boost for them to have it out in time for Black Friday, and any later would be releasing it ON the day.

Nah, that's entirely possible. They just pulled the same thing with Super Mario 3D World and Link Between Worlds last year. Arguably their two biggest titles of the year. Also, Luigi's Mansion 2 and another Pokemon title in the spring last year. So they've done it twice now actually.

Also, this is the last friday before Black Friday. It would be a great boost for them to have it out in time for Black Friday, and any later would be releasing it ON the day.

Super Smash Bros will blow OR/AS out of the water though.
tumblr_nbtcx1AHCd1sgwnrwo1_1280.jpg

Well, remember they're on different consoles. Same with 3D World/Zelda last year.

Shhh, let me.dream about the Wii U finally getting the solid fanbase it deserves. I have high hopes for this game and Hyrule Warriors (which is ridiculously fun).

There are significant benefits to a dual release by the way. Savings with coordinated marketing campaigns for the same day, free cross promotion when someone walks into the store for one release and learns about the other release, same applies for the eShop.

(for example, I had no idea about Pokemon's release date being Nov 21st until this thread, lol)

Back