• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XIV: My Little Mafia: Deception is Magic [Endgame - Ponyville wins!]

Ok, yeah, Cory's behavior right now (somewhat active in the thread and only contributing one-liners on day one so far) reminds me of two games of a similar size and a similar set-up: majora's mask and biomafia. During majora's mask, Cory just tried to get away with a noob playstyle posting literally only one or two liners. In biomafia, he literally only did one to four liners not counting quotes and only made a case after he was accused, and by then, their was enough information in the thread to form a case against Sataric using filler text. Bottom line, I find Cory's playstyle similar to when he was mafia in majora's mask and biomafia. Given that this is probably my only time I'll be able to vote in the next eight and a half hours. I'm gonna vote Cory

- - - Post Merge - - -

What do you/everyone think of Dolby? This post doesn't sit right with me:

It's just a filler post basically saying "I'm here, but I'm not going to contribute! Maybe I'll do it later, so keep me around just in case!" - He's better than this normally, when he's town.
I had to get some sleep, I was pretty groggy

Ok, yeah, Cory's behavior right now (somewhat active in the thread and only contributing one-liners on day one so far) reminds me of two games of a similar size and a similar set-up: majora's mask and biomafia. During majora's mask, Cory just tried to get away with a noob playstyle posting literally only one or two liners. In biomafia, he literally only did one to four liners not counting quotes and only made a case after he was accused, and by then, their was enough information in the thread to form a case against Sataric using filler text. Bottom line, I find Cory's playstyle similar to when he was mafia in majora's mask and biomafia. Given that this is probably my only time I'll be able to vote in the next eight and a half hours. I'm gonna vote Cory

- - - Post Merge - - -

I had to get some sleep, I was pretty groggy
I haven't played bio mafia but half of what you said was wrong because Cory wasn't scum in Majoras Mask. Unless you got confused with a different game.

I haven't played bio mafia but half of what you said was wrong because Cory wasn't scum in Majoras Mask. Unless you got confused with a different game.

I said majora's mask, not majora's mask redux, and back then his username was champ2947

Based on Feloreena's post, I'm thinking at least one of those players on her list is scum so we should definitely look into that.
Also, it's definitely annoying when people bandwagon without saying anything else, which ryan88 has done and I'm sure at least a few other players will do as well, because day one lynches are often lynches that Mafia jumps on.
As of now, I think Cory is the best suitable lynch, because at least no one else has been acting like him. But because I have school in a few minutes, I've voted for myself for now (I can't make it home before 3pm PST).
I MIGHT be able to go on TBT during science (using TBT Undercover =P) to catch up on posts though.

actually can we policy lynch people who placeholder vote themselves? getting really sick of seeing that

Cory is making himself look worse and worse with every post he makes. The only thing that worries me is that so many people are jumping on the opportunity to get him out. That could be a slight tell that we're making a mistake.

Although I am normally strictly against roleclaiming until it's necessary, I actually think it would be wise for Cory to tell us what pony he is. He will likely be the one lynched today otherwise, so he really doesn't have anything to lose. That is my suggestion, mister Cory - Do with it as you please. If you are town, don't go down without a fight.

Can someone that knows stuff about MLP tell me if:

1. The pony named Joe is likely to be in a game with 20 total players?
2. The role would likely be a basic townie?
3. If this is a pony that Cory would likely be excited to be? (Because he seemed very happy with his "pone" earlier)

Thanks!

3. If this is a pony that Cory would likely be excited to be? (Because he seemed very happy with his "pone" earlier)

Thanks!
ask natty

ask natty

... You want me to ask those questions to the host? That makes no sense - She obviously couldn't answer any of that. I tried to give you a chance, you know? Now I regret that I bothered. My vote goes to you. #SorryNotSorry!

Thanks!
Bye looking at the wiki he does seem pretty normal. mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Joe

Can I post this? Rip if I get modkilled.

In hindsight, lynching Ryan88 isn't that good of an idea. I remembered what happened in nub mafia when everyone all jumped on him for day 1 lynch.. Nothing useful came out of that, but I will still be keeping tabs on him.

i shouldn't be lynched because i could help

You ' could ' help, but you're not exactly helping right now?? You pretty much haven't posted anything of value and you're defending yourself pretty poorly imo. Sataric, I looked up Joe on MLP wiki and he's apparently a baker. He owns a donut shop?? Cory said his pony looked majestic earlier, but I personally do not see it. Hopefully someone more familiar with MLP can clarify some things for us.

Besides Cory, I do find alise/Zigzag991 slightly sus just because they seem to be flying under the radar, as someone (Fel?) mentioned earlier. On my phone now before class, so can't really quote things. Since I played nub mafia with them, it is true that alise laid low until the end pretty much, with the excuse that she was playing in Siren's Call. Even after she died there however, she wasn't all that active in nub still. Zigzag991 also was under the radar, only brought up a few times, and pushed the lynch from them to someone innocent when they were accused. Only died bc the vig shot them god bless. They were both scum in nub, so take that as you will.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ahh crud I forgot to include who I want to lynch. I'm leaning towards Cory, but I'll wait for a bit before ai actually vote dor
him, since I'm not entirely sure, although I don't have anyone else particular in mind.

Alright so I have a little bit of time to post my thoughts before heading back on the road. I'll be on tonight but will not make it to voting thread and see what happens till a couple hours later. First, I would consider myself still a nub at this game, given the fact that I have played one nub game and Ryan's third party game, where in which both I was finished within the first day. But, with this said, I would not exactly jump on the considered noobs in this game for the fact that they still are part of the game, they might actually have something to contribute for the town. Lynching nubs as opposed to lynching a 'veteran' does not change the probability of the role that they have in the game, or the contribution they bring to the town. (Hope that makes sense). And if there is a policy on place holding, then i can't really avoid doing that at the moment. My apologizes if that bites me in the butt.

On another note, I don't know if lynching Ryan is always the smartest idea. That happened in the last nub game and he was technically town. He should be on he list no doubt if he doesn't contribute much and just bandwagons. But, you never know when it comes to him right now.

I do find Cory a bit suspicious from what I have seen so far and the evidence against him. And, he is not doing much to defend himself which almost worries me a bit. I have no idea what this will mean seeing that he is on the chopping block but I don't know if I have enough evidence or proof to lynch him. If he comes forth with evidence or proof of why he should not be lynched then I don't see any reason to lynch him.

At this point, I will be doing placeholder for myself and if I have more time later to post, my vote might change.

Sorry this isn't much but as I've said, I have very little time.

Back