• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mini Mafia XIV: My Little Mafia: Deception is Magic [Endgame - Ponyville wins!]

By the way, since I have not played many games together with you yet, do you mind if I ask you straight-up what your would say is your regular playstyle as scum, and your regular playstyle as town? What are your "tells"? I understand if perhaps you do not want to reveal this information, but I think that it would be helpful. For example, in the Siren game you took a pretty laid-back approach at first. Here you seem to be coming on much stronger, especially with that early post towards Trundle.

You know this only leads to wifom, something that's best avoided

Apparently not much is going on right now but I'm sure most of you have forgotten that it's a 24 hour day instead of 48 like we were used to.
Sataric, I don't see what you suggest we do if we don't start suggesting people for lynch. There is nothing to analyze and if we don't start suggesting people for lynch we won't have anything to analyze. First days are usually quite messy because of the poor lynches and that gives us a ton of evidence for later in the game.

Apparently not much is going on right now but I'm sure most of you have forgotten that it's a 24 hour day instead of 48 like we were used to.
Sataric, I don't see what you suggest we do if we don't start suggesting people for lynch. There is nothing to analyze and if we don't start suggesting people for lynch we won't have anything to analyze. First days are usually quite messy because of the poor lynches and that gives us a ton of evidence for later in the game.

Of course we should suggest people to lynch. That's not exactly what you did, though.

The goal of Day 1 is normally to get as much information as possible out of the lynch that takes place, and to make sure that the person that ends up getting put to death would be of minimal value to town for one reason or another. To instantly say that we should go for an inactive person five minutes after the game starts doesn't get us any information to work with. Everyone can then just go "Okay", bandwagon their votes, and if the target flips town we have absolutely nothing to analyze.

Only thing I am pretty sure of right now is that Ryan is town based on the fact that he roleclaimed just like he always does when given a green role, and even though he probably won't be contributing a ton to the game I consider him fairly "cleared". Sure, his Mafia team could have suggested for him to publicly fake claim, but that seems very unlikely. And he claimed a unique name as well. What we know from this is that EVERYONE should have a unique name.

PS: Not sure if Cory is being serious but in my opinion he's going for the most town-read person in the game right now. Super scummy!

Of course we should suggest people to lynch. That's not exactly what you did, though.

The goal of Day 1 is normally to get as much information as possible out of the lynch that takes place, and to make sure that the person that ends up getting put to death would be of minimal value to town for one reason or another. To instantly say that we should go for an inactive person five minutes after the game starts doesn't get us any information to work with. Everyone can then just go "Okay", bandwagon their votes, and if the target flips town we have absolutely nothing to analyze.

Only thing I am pretty sure of right now is that Ryan is town based on the fact that he roleclaimed just like he always does when given a green role, and even though he probably won't be contributing a ton to the game I consider him fairly "cleared". Sure, his Mafia team could have suggested for him to publicly fake claim, but that seems very unlikely. And he claimed a unique name as well. What we know from this is that EVERYONE should have a unique name.

PS: Not sure if Cory is being serious but in my opinion he's going for the most town-read person in the game right now. Super scummy!

So essentially you decided to call me out on saying Day 1 lynch is almost always a mislynch and then told me it's likely going to happen anyway? What you just did made no sense at all. I never suggested we're going to suggest an inactive five minutes after the games starts and then not get any information out of it, but other then this little spat we're having right now, it appears we're not getting anything out of the game. So if this never happened, what would you suggest we do? What would we talk about. Everything you've said so far has been a load of crap.

If we don't have enough to analyze before day is over, and are not sure on who we should lynch, I'm going to recommend lynching an inactive.

Alise - Is inactive in a lot of games and is apparently too lazy to actually write up a post that's actually worth reading, or isn't someone elses ideas rebranded.

Cory - He's apparently back to his old playstyle and it looks like he's going to be useless this game.

Ryan88 - Never does anything useful. Pretty much always claims day 1. My problem with lynching him is that I want to believe his claim, because I'm pretty sure every time he's ever claimed he's been truthful, but this doesn't mean that he wouldn't do this kind of thing if he was scum. I'm leaning towards him being Town though.

Cariad - Can say some good stuff once in a while but can be inactive.

Now before I get called out for this like I do in pretty much every game, this is a just in case list, it always is, but a no-lynch day 1 is something that I've almost always been against, I don't see the point in it, so if it comes to it one of these players should be lynched IMO.

Well I wouldn't exactly say Cariad yet because she lives in the uk but Karla's given an effort on posting so idk.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*Call Cariad inactive

Checking in from work.

To be honest, day one is always a stab in the dark and I think a no lynch hurts us more than helps us. I would be very keen on lynching Ryan88 as he is a proven useless player, especially late game. I think he expects us to draw the conclusion that he always does true claims, but I'm not buying it. Also seems weird that Snails would be a vanilla townie, I would expect him to be connected to Snips somehow because they're glued to each other in the show.

I would also be keen on putting up the following players as inactivity/noobishness only serves to screw us over late game:

Axeler137
8. Ashtot
9. Trundle
Campy
ZigZag991
Cariad
Sumemr

I would also consider Kuma, as she is an infamous lurker. It's difficult to get a read on her because of that. There's a huge pool of people, just trying to get some opinions out.

Also Cory, don't fall back into being a moron and becoming the default day one lynch again. Step your game up.

- - - Post Merge - - -

**** cancel out ashtot and trundle for that list. Copy and paste error from phone.

Checking in from work.

To be honest, day one is always a stab in the dark and I think a no lynch hurts us more than helps us. I would be very keen on lynching Ryan88 as he is a proven useless player, especially late game. I think he expects us to draw the conclusion that he always does true claims, but I'm not buying it. Also seems weird that Snails would be a vanilla townie, I would expect him to be connected to Snips somehow because they're glued to each other in the show.

I would also be keen on putting up the following players as inactivity/noobishness only serves to screw us over late game:

Axeler137
8. Ashtot
9. Trundle
Campy
ZigZag991
Cariad
Sumemr

I would also consider Kuma, as she is an infamous lurker. It's difficult to get a read on her because of that. There's a huge pool of people, just trying to get some opinions out.

Also Cory, don't fall back into being a moron and becoming the default day one lynch again. Step your game up.

- - - Post Merge - - -

**** cancel out ashtot and trundle for that list. Copy and paste error from phone.

Awww! <3 I'm so glad you don't think we're noobs! I feel honored!

Anyways I don't know the playstyles of some of the players on your list but I trust your judgement, so I suppose I agree with you.

Interesting note about Snails, this game is going to show us who the real bronies are. I'm also glad that you aren't immediately buying Ryan88's claim like Sataric did (which is something I find somewhat scummy because you can't just trust someone because of a similar trait in their playstyle).

I'll see if I can make something in the morning, when I have the energy to look through past games

Checking in from work.

Axeler137
8. Ashtot
9. Trundle
Campy
ZigZag991
Cariad
Sumemr

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can see where you're coming from Minties about me being a noob/inactive and I can only say that yes, I'm a noob, but everyone has to start somewhere, right? I wanted to play more last time but I got killed earlyish so rip. I'd like to say I was helpful last time though, so I'll do my best to be helpful this time as well. As for inactivity, I hope to be pretty active. I lurk for a while because I'm partially busy throughout the day so I just have time to read what other people post on my phone. But I tend to post more later at night since that's usually when I have the most free time.

Anyways, as for who to lynch.. I am kind of new, but I can see the reasoning against a no lynch day 1. So then, who do we lynch, right? We could lynch Ryan88 just based off the fact that he claimed as usual on day 1, but what if he's just trying to make that his playstyle, so he could also be scum fake claiming as townie. I'm not at all familiar with MLP, so I looked up Snails and as Minties has said, Snips and Snails are pretty much always mentioned together on the wiki. Translate to mafia roles.. masons/lovers? Idk those were the first roles that have partners that popped up in my head. But because of that, I don't 100% trust Ryan's townie claim. At the same time however, I don't have anyone in mind to lynch as of yet. I am considering the inactives though, as it might be useful now if they're going to be useless later. Just my thoughts for now.

Same with Snips/Snails, I'm thinking ryan88 is a Mason with someone and he fakeclaimed Townie (and note he always claims on Day One so it's hard to see if he's town or mafia) to try to avoid suspicion.
I don't know about lynching an inactive honestly; the game started a couple hours ago. But I do get it since we have nothing to go off of and most people will be busy tomorrow, so if it feels right we can lynch someone like Ryan88.
And it's strange how he pretty much stopped talking after people called him put for claiming so early. I don't know, just my few cents before I head off to bed.

Anyways, as for who to lynch.. I am kind of new, but I can see the reasoning against a no lynch day 1. So then, who do we lynch, right? We could lynch Ryan88 just based off the fact that he claimed as usual on day 1, but what if he's just trying to make that his playstyle, so he could also be scum fake claiming as townie. I'm not at all familiar with MLP, so I looked up Snails and as Minties has said, Snips and Snails are pretty much always mentioned together on the wiki. Translate to mafia roles.. masons/lovers? Idk those were the first roles that have partners that popped up in my head. But because of that, I don't 100% trust Ryan's townie claim. At the same time however, I don't have anyone in mind to lynch as of yet. I am considering the inactives though, as it might be useful now if they're going to be useless later. Just my thoughts for now.
Um I don't think snips and snails would be lovers because in the show they argue a lot (well from what I remember lmfao, I haven't watched it in a long time) and I think they fought over someone once.
Tbh I can't really see ryan doing this lol no offense tho, idk it's just not like him and he wouldn't know that instead of townies they were called ponyville citizens right??, because it wasn't even mentioned in the op. It was really dumb though because now scum has a safe claim :/. Um yeah as for voting I don't really know but I guess if we could lynch an inactive since thats all we got. I would say alise/cariad but cariad is never around when everyones talking because of stupid timezones, alise on the other hand is always around but never posts and when she does it's basically just fluff. I still don't know about cory though because I haven't seen him in previous games same w/ kuma. But for now I'll be voting for myself in case I miss voting lol. oh and @astot thanks for not considering me inactive anymore lmao :')

Um I don't think snips and snails would be lovers because in the show they argue a lot (well from what I remember lmfao, I haven't watched it in a long time) and I think they fought over someone once.
Tbh I can't really see ryan doing this lol no offense tho, idk it's just not like him and he wouldn't know that instead of townies they were called ponyville citizens right??, because it wasn't even mentioned in the op. It was really dumb though because now scum has a safe claim :/. Um yeah as for voting I don't really know but I guess if we could lynch an inactive since thats all we got. I would say alise/cariad but cariad is never around when everyones talking because of stupid timezones, alise on the other hand is always around but never posts and when she does it's basically just fluff. I still don't know about cory though because I haven't seen him in previous games same w/ kuma. But for now I'll be voting for myself in case I miss voting lol. oh and @astot thanks for not considering me inactive anymore lmao :')

I was just throwing some suggestions out. I've never watched the show and I only skimmed through the wiki for Snails and saw Snips name everywhere so yeah. :p Lovers that argue all the time!11 Yeah but really, it was just a guess.
@bold part: Actually, at the very end of the intro in the op, it says that scum appear as ' average Ponyville citizens '. So he could've used that.

Back