Shop / Collectibles / Events / Restocks Discussion

What I saw?..

24wxd76.jpg

Last edited:
Normal cakes were bought when I was asleep

Liek if you cri evrytim :(

Only the 2nd time I have seen this. Now that it's sold out I want one

Eh so you can't sell gift cards/eshop cards for btb nor donate for a good cause? yet you can buy rl-wares and games with it.. the **** rules

I still think it's disturbing, especially since they explicit state in the rules you can buy real life stuff like games and such. I just wonder what the difference is, you can as easily get scammed and it's a lot of expensive and they seem to care about the kids here, a lot. So...

I have to agree that donating to charity is a very good thing. There are several poor people living on the streets, people without insurance, and underpaid voluntary houses to take care of foster children and other people. But is it a good idea to donate to charity in order to earn TBT Bells or collectibles? No. I don't like how I'm required to do off-site activity to win on-site items (except for the epic TBT Fair).

I have to agree that donating to charity is a very good thing. There are several poor people living on the streets, people without insurance, and underpaid voluntary houses to take care of foster children and other people. But is it a good idea to donate to charity in order to earn TBT Bells or collectibles? No. I don't like how I'm required to do off-site activity to win on-site items (except for the epic TBT Fair).

I agree for once with you.

But my main point was that if you can allow something but not the other I think everything real-life that is not like Pok?mon or game-stuff should not be allowed. You can as easily get scammed regardless of what you buy and giftcards/Eshop cards is as much real life things. Plus there are a lot of kids here who don't get the danger of buying real life stuff from strangers.

You've already been told several times now that the rules are under review. We're aware they need updating and we've been working on it for quite a while now. Instead of constantly complaining about it please just wait patiently until we announce the changes.

I know that, but it doesn't mean you need to play easy and hard depending on. I was just surprised it got closed (even though they are probably trustworthy and deserve it you can't control the real-life process unless you work with them).

All we're doing currently is maintaining the rules we already have in place - some of which people have managed to expose unpredicted loopholes in. We can't just say "no" even if we dislike something because that would be contradicting our own rules. We also can't stop people doing trades as long as they fall within the rules, and we won't be able to stop that until the new rules are formally decided on and accordingly updated. This is why when we're asked to comment on something we often add "currently" or "for the time being" onto our comments: implying that there is a possibility they could be changed in the near future.

I can't tell you why some things are allowed and some aren't beyond what I've said above, because these were decided before I joined the staff. My assumption is that some rules have been changed over time as and when it was required while for other rules there was never any real need for them to be adjusted, thus the inconsistency. Of course, that's only my theory - not a fact.

Yeah, these loopholes is what makes them rules fuzzy, but I don't direct this at you or anyone personal, I was just surprised by the relaxed standing against certain products and harder against other. I am sorry if it came out as a complaint, I know I'm probably not the calmest person around, it was just a surprised reaction if anything.

Your theory sounds reasonable enough and I guess it was meant to prevent scamming and people taking advantage in the first place. But as you said, people find loopholes of what's allowed and what's not since they can't prove that codes were actually free or not (just an example), but it might be allowed cause codes and games expire and you can use them only once. However, real life things are and you could probably pass around the silk sheets.

I appreciate your work on reviewing them though, and unless you actually start running your own TBT postal service it might be a bit hard monitoring what people send and not

Back