Shop / Collectibles / Events / Restocks Discussion

I wonder why collectibles have lost demand. What happened to the old days? I noticed how even at low prices, the most popular of the collectibles aren't selling. It's not just me, but everyone. Is it collectibles that people don't want, or is it that the site is not as busy as it used to be?

I think it's because of the low amount of bells circulating. People who don't have a lot of collectibles can't afford them, since bells are only created on this site by posting it's hard for newer members to save up large amounts of bells. People who have a stockpile of bells already have most collectibles. No one is selling anything super rare, like pinwheels or yellow letters

Even ones like the purple feather are not to sought after, it's not rare anymore & no one really wanted it from fair (people preferred the pink)

I wonder why collectibles have lost demand. What happened to the old days? I noticed how even at low prices, the most popular of the collectibles aren't selling. It's not just me, but everyone. Is it collectibles that people don't want, or is it that the site is not as busy as it used to be?

Personally, I'm just not very active here anymore. Most people I used to talk with (about collectibles and other stuff) have left the site for several reasons. Myself, I lost interest in AC:NL and I've mostly moved on to mobile phone games. But who knows, I might get into AC again if the mobile game ever gets released, haha.

I think they're low in demand bc it's hella difficult to get tbt. :/ Getting them from posting takes awhile. I only have 1000 because I won them in a giveaway. I don't even know how some people have massive amounts of tbt...

Haven't been here for long time, just back here to have a peek. I realized those collectibles became so cheap now..

I think it's because of the low amount of bells circulating. People who don't have a lot of collectibles can't afford them, since bells are only created on this site by posting it's hard for newer members to save up large amounts of bells. People who have a stockpile of bells already have most collectibles. No one is selling anything super rare, like pinwheels or yellow letters

Even ones like the purple feather are not to sought after, it's not rare anymore & no one really wanted it from fair (people preferred the pink)

Late response, but that's a good answer. For that reason, I held an easy to grab giveaway to get rid of the more unwanted collectibles. Good thing someone asked to buy my peach collectible. Even 600 TBT is a reasonable price due to how low the TBT circulation is. I think this site is used to the high TBT Bells in circulation, but ACNL is already over three years old (close to four actually). You know what happens when the main game gets old, right?

I think they're low in demand bc it's hella difficult to get tbt. :/ Getting them from posting takes awhile. I only have 1000 because I won them in a giveaway. I don't even know how some people have massive amounts of tbt...

I think that makes a lot of sense. It's true that fewer TBT are in circulation, either because there's not many collectibles the richer members have interest into, they have left the site, or are unwillingly to give up their wealth. Even the not-so-greedy members wouldn't want to give up a huge chunck of TBT if they have over 10k TBT. Telling them to give up part of their TBT Bells is like telling a billion dollar corporation to give up half their money even if they are paying their employees well while stockholders aren't being greedy or selfish. It would be for the best to get more TBT in circulation, but even I would understand their feelings if we started doing that to the richer members.

tomorrow is St Patrick's Day, and Monday is the first day of Spring.

do you guys think the Spring Shamrocks will make a return appearance??

On top of the tbt thing, this website is starting to lose a lot of members that were crucial to the marketplace. Like LethalLulu for example. She had a HUGE shop and just kind of got over it. I have a lot of collectibles but I just don't come on as often.
The way I see it, this site is losing some of it's popularity and if the market doesn't pick up anytime soon it could possibly crash or stop for a bit.

Can there be a Yin-Yang collectible? :eek:

Personally think it'd be fantastic!

Also, yeah... collecting TBT seems rather difficult. :(
Always wondering how people earn so much...

Also, I personally think the Interest button should return...

Last edited:
who ya got for wagers on this year's New Egg?

I'm going with an all-pink Kirby Easter Egg...

okay, it's getting to be that time of year....

last year's new pikachu and sakura eggs were awesome, but I still think a Kirby egg would be fantastic!!

is there any specific time restocks happen?

is there any specific time restocks happen?

they don't seem to have restocks anymore tbh.

usually theyve been either at beginning of month in conjunction with a Bell Tree Direct announcement thread, or in conjunction with an event announcement thread. you can look at the archived threads on the Bulletin Board to get an idea of when/how theyve done it. But i cant recall any shop restocks since... I dunno, maybe last May...

Hiya! Has anyone heard of any potential Easter event? I'm wondering if I have to block off Easter weekend as I have in the years past, lol. :)

Hiya! Has anyone heard of any potential Easter event? I'm wondering if I have to block off Easter weekend as I have in the years past, lol. :)

there's been a lot of kidding that it's canceled (like before the Fair), but no announcement yet. i think last year they announced ahead of time tho, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday of Easter week...

is there a thread/guide that can show us the worth of all the collectibles?

I'm thinking about trading my Galaxy Egg for hella Chocolate Cakes. If you got some, holler at me.

Back