Shop / Collectibles / Events / Restocks Discussion

I don't know why the staff isn't caring about us. What's the holdup from releasing hybrid flower collectibles?

The normal excuse is that they're too busy doing other things. What could they possible be doing? I mean, it took them, what, like 2 months almost to take the "egg" thing off of the site. Maybe they're planning something really big, but I highly doubt that.

I would DIE to have a blue rose and blue pansy collectible on here. I'm hoping that maybe they'll be available for the summer or something.

Collectibles are a privilege not a right, the mods don't owe us any new collectibles

They'll probably do a restock when a new ac game comes out

Collectibles are a privilege not a right, the mods don't owe us any new collectibles

I may have asked the question about what's taking them a while, but I contradicted myself and upvoted your post.

I would still want my pink, purple, orange, and black tulip collectibles. My inventory is strictly tulips, apples, and birthstones.

- - - Post Merge - - -

They'll probably do a restock when a new ac game comes out

I don't think the next entry to the main series will come out until 2021, when October 1st will be on a Friday and Thanksgivings will be on the 25th of November like in 1999.

I may have asked the question about what's taking them a while, but I contradicted myself and upvoted your post.

I would still want my pink, purple, orange, and black tulip collectibles. My inventory is strictly tulips, apples, and birthstones.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think the next entry to the main series will come out until 2021, when October 1st will be on a Friday and Thanksgivings will be on the 25th of November like in 1999.

If your inventory has tulips, apples, and birthstones, then where the heck are the tulips and birthstones?? xDDDD

Also, that's a pretty obscure pattern to follow when releasing new games. I doubt they're gonna wait 8 years to release a new AC game. The trend seems to be that they usually release a new AC game about ever 3-5 years. It's already been almost 4 years since New Leaf was released, so I would expect them to announce another soon, likely within the next year.

I do think the Fair will be coming back this year. Maybe earlier than last year which I wanna say was last August/September iirc. I'm hoping the glow wands return this year, they're too pretty to be going around once, especially the Crescent glow wand. I wanna have another chance for it. :)

the admins strongly suggested last year that the glow wands and night fair theme were likely a one-time occasion, so my bet would be something more traditional to the forum at next Fair, like the return of balloons and pinwheels.... which would be pretty great actually, given that almost none of today's active members have pinwheels and few have balloons...

last year there were tons of new collectibles released. six new common flower varieties in three colors each = 18 new flowers.
plus the spring shamrocks, mothers day carnations, fathers day carnations, and autumn mushrooms.
plus 4 character collectibles.
that's 26 new collectibles in one year, and that's not even counting the new Easter, Fair, Halloween, and Christmas collectibles. So I'd say 2016 was an alltime banner year for the release of new collectibles, and it should be expected that there would be a dropoff this year.

plus the staff are getting long in the tooth, it won't be long now til they'll be growing up, getting married, having kids, and won't have any time at all for running a video game website!!

^time for new staff then :p wonder which ones that would be though, as long as they are not so ban and warning happy i guess.

well they could at least do restock with the old ones?

I noticed that selling collectibles is quite similar to the old tier system of villagers in ACNL. When some collectibles are not popular, nobody would want to buy them. But if you're giving them out for free with no challenge set up, they will ask for it. That's what happened to some of my collectibles like the roses and spellectables. I tried selling them, no customer. I tried giving them away, they went away quickly.

Last edited:
I noticed that selling collectibles is quite similar to the old tier system of villagers in ACNL. When some collectibles are not popular, nobody would want to buy them. But if you're giving them out for free with no challenge set up, they will ask for it. That's what happened to some of my collectibles like the roses and spellectables. I tried selling them, no customer. I tried giving them away, they went away quickly.

Well, people always want free things so yeah, of course they will nab what they can without wasting. But yeah fun though and indeed unless a collectible is in the hype and/or popular people won't buy it unless they are collectors/want it for their lineup etc.

No. No no no no no. I will not tolerate another month with nothing but the birthstone in the shop. What's going on, staff? Are new collectibles merely a myth? :(

No. No no no no no. I will not tolerate another month with nothing but the birthstone in the shop. What's going on, staff? Are new collectibles merely a myth? :(

I am happy with the collectibles I got, but I speak for all. What's really bothering me is how the staff had really little intervention with us guys this whole time. Were they really working on some project that they aren't telling us about? I would like some answers.

Hate to make a double post, but I realized that if we had a TBT Fair this year, it would be the first TBT Fair since the following events:

- Release of the Welcome amiibo update
- Release of Pokemon Sun and Moon
- Launch of the Nintendo Switch
- Release of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- New president of the United States takes office (even if we don't like him)
- Star Wars 40th Anniversary
- iPhone 10th Anniversary

The last three events may be irrelevant to this site and its events, but I just wanted to add more detail to foreshadow what the next TBT Fair may have.

Lol yeah they should make a dump trump collectible :p

Would be cool if they some 10th anniversary events for all of those though

Back