• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

Is it just me or has the lag gotten worse during restocks lately? I recall previous restocks being a lot easier to catch, or is it just the fact we've had like 2 weeks notice so a lot of people know..?

Is it just me or has the lag gotten worse during restocks lately? I recall previous restocks being a lot easier to catch, or is it just the fact we've had like 2 weeks notice so a lot of people know..?

No, you're right. Last year's direct I actually managed to get the shop to load, it was just a matter of not clicking stuff fast enough that caused me to lose out. This year.... the page glitched, and 5 minutes later it popped up crystal clear and everything's sold out. It might have something to do with the 2 weeks notice, but either way, I think I'm just gonna take advantage of pre/post-restock sales, since I'm doubting I'll get any houses.

Yeah, I agree. In the past I've been able to get at least something from the restocks, but the recent ones have been pretty bad. It might have to do with the fact that only a few items are getting restocked at a time and that everyone is going for the same items at the same time.

no because if the admins were to have direct restocks instead of restocks where everyone knows what the time is then there would be much less lag, bc everyone's going to the shop at the same so obvs it's gonna lag

Here is how many were restocked of each item at today's round one:

dnm1.png
dnm2.png
dnm3.png
dnm4.png
dnm5.png
dnm6.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

oops-- thanks Lulu!

basically, no more scheduled restocks please.

True but if they are no scheduled people will still complain saying how it was "unfair as
users didn't know and let other users at a unfair advantage" and so on...

people will complain if they are scheduled or not...

the lag is ridiculous tho and the same with the amount of collectable restocked...well some of them....

Well, they need to work on their system they use if they need people to stop complaining. If it's nearly impossible to enter a shop let alone put something in cart unless you have 100/100+ internet and live in the US there is something wrong. Also both times are obviously favoring US timezones regardless cause most people will be able to be on both times unless they live on the wrong edge of the country so to say.

Also it doesn't hurt to double the restocked amounts to get the economy back on track.

Some random/unsolicited advice about restock? I know a lot of you are pist off because you lost out on getting the stuff you wanted. But the upside of a flood of new inventory to active users is that some of those guys will turn around and sell. It *should* make the prices drop in the next few weeks. You just have to be diligent and keep your eyes peeled, should be some deals to be had here and there. Good luck!

As annoyed as I am, it's true, at least there's more in circulation now, they haven't been stocked since last June soooo

Some random/unsolicited advice about restock? I know a lot of you are pist off because you lost out on getting the stuff you wanted. But the upside of a flood of new inventory to active users is that some of those guys will turn around and sell. It *should* make the prices drop in the next few weeks. You just have to be diligent and keep your eyes peeled, should be some deals to be had here and there. Good luck!

Yup! This is how I always look at it but I usually don't say it for sake of not getting attacked by the angry mob. :p

So far the letters don't seem to be dropping at all. Everyone is going by "the guide", which is kind of annoying tbh. I've noticed some users sell for a little lower, or even shop price - bless them, but wishful hoping if the letters actually drop in price.

This whole event was literally a waste of time, I could've spent the time elsewhere if I was made aware that there were gonna be almost nothing restocked.

Yeah I mean Thursday was worse than usual but yeah this was a joke even being on the site considering how slow it was.

Back