• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Official TBT Super Smash Bros. Tournaments (MAIN THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to Reserved a spot for this.
I'm going main Bowser, Charzard, Fox, Greninja, Lucario, Robin & Shulk.

ideas for the Smash Bros. tournaments:
Mii tournaments
Pokemon only tournament(with only Pokeball items only)
Sword-Person tournament(with Sword items only)
Reto Game tournament
Outer Space tournament

These are some pretty good ideas! We will use a few of them.

I'm so excited. I'm probably not going to "rek" anyone, but I want to play for fun.

And I have a question: Do you think I can do okay in the tournaments? I've played Brawl from around 2008 and I'm able to win against level 8/7 opponents in the SSB4 demo.

Last edited:
I'm so excited. I'm probably not going to "rek" anyone, but I want to play for fun.

And I have a question: Do you think I can do okay in the tournaments? I've played Brawl from around 2008 and I'm able to win against level 8/7 opponents in the SSB4 demo.

There's no reason to not play in the competitive tournaments, so go ahead. A lot of people will expect to do well but will ultimately be destroyed by players who know what they're doing, myself included. I won't last very long, haha, and I've been playing since 2000.

Last edited:
Anyone is welcome for any tournament, whether or not you're "good". A ban list will likely eventually be implemented as I'm assuming there will be repeated cases of people not getting on the forum to organize their match with the other.

I wasn't really asking if I could enter, I was asking if I'd do an okay job. :)

Probably not, but no reason not to try. I mean I don't know how good you are, but in past tournaments here there were some really strong players. I know I won't get far.

what makes this official?

eFmSL7T.png

Just throwing this idea out there. I'd like to see "franchise tournaments" in which only fighters of that particular franchise are allowed. Ex. Legend of Zelda tournament only includes Link, Zelda, Toon Link, Sheik, and Ganondorf. Like I said, I don't expect anyone to really consider this, but I thought it would be interesting at least. Let me know what you guys think

Just throwing this idea out there. I'd like to see "franchise tournaments" in which only fighters of that particular franchise are allowed. Ex. Legend of Zelda tournament only includes Link, Zelda, Toon Link, Sheik, and Ganondorf. Like I said, I don't expect anyone to really consider this, but I thought it would be interesting at least. Let me know what you guys think

It is interesting and we'll definitely consider it, the only problem is that there are only so many franchises with enough characters to actually create a diverse tournament, haha.

2 weeks until release! What type of tournament are you guys most excited for?

Would team tournaments ever be a thing? That'd be pretty interesting.

But I'm a little confused. Are we talking tournaments as in actual brackets where the winner moves forward or something like Mario Kart 8 where you just keep playing? I'm kind more interested in the whole bracket thing, it seems more even and quick/suspenseful, that way it doesn't drag out for days like I saw mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back