January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Hi there!

I was just reading a thread on "Can you breed flowers on the beach" (sorry I can't post the link because I'm a new user! You can just google it if you want to read through the actual thread).

and found the last post of the page very interesting:

I like to plant carnations there to keep them from making random dirt spots.

I was just wondering have other people found that carnations make dirt spots on the grass? I have a whole patch of them in my town, and have been noticing recently that the grass is deteriorating around that area. I just though it was because I walked over it too much!

I haven't and now have TONS of carnations everywhere. Do you run alongside the carnations a lot? Regardless of whether you plant flowers to prevent deterioration of grass, if you run alongside them all the time, the grass will still erode faster than what they help

Thank you for your reply!

Hmmm, I never run over them because I don't want to destroy them , but I sometimes run next to them, perhaps that's what's causing it. The erosion is mostly through the middle of the patch, not around the outsides, which made me think the comment on that thread was why I had random dirt spots.

That's good to know that you don't find that in your town! My plan is to have heaps of carnations, so just wanted to check before I lined my whole them with them.

No flower has the power to erode grass. Whoever said that they deteriorate it is wrong.

No flower has the power to erode grass. Whoever said that they deteriorate it is wrong.

They could've probably been on a thread from way early In the release of the game when grass deterioration was huge because not many had confirmed how fast it happened :eek:

spottypup yeah that's what I said, if you run alongside them, the grass will erode over time where you run and it gets wider and wider the more you do it c: thankfully it's not city folk bad where one day you're in luscious grass then a week later you have a desert

Back