• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So, I just finished making my very first path...

nekosync

:-)
Bells
July Birthstone (Ruby)
It seems really off to me for some reason. I can't tell if I'm just being picky/paranoid or whatever, but it feels like there's something wrong with it. Here it is:

HNI_0026.JPG

What do you think? What should I change?

edit: I ended up changing the colours and it looks better to me:

HNI_0039.JPG

Last edited:
I really love the design!
The thing that throws me off is the checkerboarded way you arranged them. Personally, I would have used the plain tiles for straightways, and the quartered tiles for turn paths, especially if you want to arrange them in 2-tiled width.

Like so:

X = plain
O = quartered

XX
XX
XX
XX
XX
XX
OOXXXXXXXXXXX
OOXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited:
I decided to fill in the gaps and it looks a bit better to me:

HNI_0029.JPGHNI_0030.JPG

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really love the design!
The thing that throws me off is the checkerboarded way you arranged them. Personally, I would have used the plain tiles for straightways, and the quartered tiles for turn paths, especially if you want to arrange them in 2-tiled width.

Like so:

X = plain
O = quartered

XX
XX
XX
XX
XX
XX
OOXXXXXXXXXXX
OOXXXXXXXXXXX

That's a nice idea! I'll try it out now. :) Thank you!

The finished result:

HNI_0031.JPGHNI_0032.JPGHNI_0033.JPG

Last edited:
this is honestly one of the better path designs I've seen

and I don't even like paths

- - - Post Merge - - -

you may of found your calling

- - - Post Merge - - -

also tbh I actually like the checkerboard design more

its pretty in line with how some irl fancier than just flat concrete sidewalks and such can be

Last edited:
I prefer the checkerboard. Anyway this is an extremely nice design, I don't think I've seen anyone else post a path that they made themselves on here that looked that good.

Back