The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Mom's Plush
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Eevee Easter Egg
Aurora Easter Egg
Zen Easter Egg
Galaxy Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
So I bought turnips from Joan last week, but I also TT'ed a bit this week to do some trades. I forgot that turnips spoil if you time travel, so I thought, "Great, another waste of the 100,000 bells I spent." But when I checked, they were unspoiled...

Has this ever happened to anyone? Or is this just a glitch? :confused:

I thought it was only TTing backwards that spoiled the turnips?

Regardless, better sell your turnips before 1 week is up!

I TT'ed backwards a few hours and they didn't spoil. Does it only count if it's a day or more?

And I already sold them for a decent profit :)

I thought it was only TTing backwards that spoiled the turnips?

Regardless, better sell your turnips before 1 week is up!
Yup, going forwards is fine.

If you went backwards, that's rather odd... I'm not sure why that has happened.

It happened to me the first time I bought turnips. I was sick of waiting and wanted to TT to grow some trees, so I was like, whatever. And they didn't spoil. So oh well.

I thought TTing backwards will make them spoil. I think TTing forward doesn't change anything until you TT past the week ^.^

Last edited:
I TT'ed backwards a few hours and they didn't spoil. Does it only count if it's a day or more?

And I already sold them for a decent profit :)
Anytime going backwards spoils them, even a min. Anyway good for you.

Please tell me your powers.

Anytime going backwards spoils them, even a min. Anyway good for you.

Please tell me your powers.

I did this twice and they didn't spoil, so I guess it's just a glitch.

muahaha you'll never know

Last edited:
I did this twice and they didn't spoil, so I guess it's just a glitch.

muahaha you'll never know
Maybe, IDK what else it could be? Unless its a glitch I don't know of.
Maybe you saved the game at a current time, didn't play for awhile and went back in time somewhere before the your saved time, your game doesn't think you have time traveled? I have no idea.

crying-waterfalls.gif

Meanie.

Last edited:
Just did some searching and I think you're right that if you TT back before your last save, then they won't spoil. not entirelysure of this yet

harsh

Just did some searching and I think you're right that if you TT back before your last save, then they won't spoil. not entirelysure of this yet

harsh
Oh so I am smart? Well that's good to know, yeah! :p
We solved the case!

;-;

Last edited:
This happened to me once! I was actually trying to get a rotten turnip. XD I wanted to have 1. So I bought 1 and TT'ed. And I couldn't get it to spoil.

I don't remember the details exactly, sorry I'm lame like that, I forget the important stuff. But I swear I remember being annoyed that it wasn't spoiling, since I'd spent a LOT of time before that avoiding TT-ing when I had turnips.

I don't think it's a glitch, but there's probably a trick to it we accidentally landed on.

My experience is only with changing the 3ds system clock and then loading the game:

If you don't go back over a past save (so in game terms you have not TT backwards) although you have changed the time backwards on the 3ds system: turnips won't spoil.

TT backwards over a past save, ie play the same time twice, even if its just by a few mins - turnips will spoil.

I think you were also blessed by the Nintendo gods. Don't question it. Remember: you're a survivor.

That's weird, I bought over 1000 turnips and I forgot I tt'ed backwards and ALL of them spoiled..

I guess it's just a glitch

Back