My town did something weird ._.

MayorPeach

☆*・Kawaii Princess・*☆
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
A couple days ago I was going about my usual business as my Mayor, checking in on villagers, doing tasks, etc. Rudy had caught a cold, so I went and got him medicine - this is day one of Rudy having a cold, he hadn't been sick the day before. My town bulletin board also had a message that there was to be a meteor shower that night.

I decided to start a 3rd character (Halloween themed because yay autumn!) and after I got her all set up, I went around to all my villagers again to greet them, but suddenly Rudy didn't have a cold anymore! He was still in his house, but wasn't sick... I saved and switched back over to my Mayor and Rudy was still healthy all of a sudden.

After that weirdness, nightfall arrived, but there were zero shooting stars. Like, I didn't just miss them, there were none. At all.

Did starting a new character confuse my game? Because it really confused me @_@

when you start the game with a new chara, all of your villagers will be out and about because they're to greet the new character. i think. haha i'm pretty sure.

dunno about you switching back and him being alright O_O

Last edited:
A couple days ago I was going about my usual business as my Mayor, checking in on villagers, doing tasks, etc. Rudy had caught a cold, so I went and got him medicine - this is day one of Rudy having a cold, he hadn't been sick the day before. My town bulletin board also had a message that there was to be a meteor shower that night.

I decided to start a 3rd character (Halloween themed because yay autumn!) and after I got her all set up, I went around to all my villagers again to greet them, but suddenly Rudy didn't have a cold anymore! He was still in his house, but wasn't sick... I saved and switched back over to my Mayor and Rudy was still healthy all of a sudden.

After that weirdness, nightfall arrived, but there were zero shooting stars. Like, I didn't just miss them, there were none. At all.

Did starting a new character confuse my game? Because it really confused me @_@

... That's kind of trippy. @__@ I'm not sure why that happened.

breaking the game one day at a time

Last edited:
That is certainly unusual! I have no clue why you didn't have a meteor shower.

I don't know about the sick thing, except what someone else said about the villagers needing to meet the new character. Maybe it was a small cold and the 1 medicine cured it?

My first ever meteor shower sucked too, no shooting stars. They start at 7 PM though...Did you play at 7 or later? I'm sure you did, but I'm just saying. My 1st one I played all night and didn't see one. But then I had other meteor showers that were fine. It was really disappointing though at first, so I know how you feel. There will be others though, don't worry.

From what I have experienced when you make a new character, it changes the weather of the town to "clear" all day? I guess to welcome to new character? For example I started up one my previous character and it was pouring with rain. I made a new character, and all of a sudden it was sunny all day, and it stuck. Next day it was pouring again.

About Rudy. Sickness is odd in this game. If I time travel back they are fully healthy again. I'm guessing another feature with a new character, all new characters have magical powers to make you well.

From what I have experienced when you make a new character, it changes the weather of the town to "clear" all day? I guess to welcome to new character? For example I started up one my previous character and it was pouring with rain. I made a new character, and all of a sudden it was sunny all day, and it stuck. Next day it was pouring again.

About Rudy. Sickness is odd in this game. If I time travel back they are fully healthy again. I'm guessing another feature with a new character, all new characters have magical powers to make you well.

Wha? Really? I mean it makes sense, but I wish I'd paid attention when I made my characters...but it's been a long time, and I don't remember noticing anything like this. That's pretty cool though if this is true...

That's very helpful! I never knew that making a new character would affect meteor showers. I wondered why a few of mine never occurred and that makes sense.

Hah! Magical new characters! And here I mostly use them to store my stuff and be pattern mules. :D

Wha? Really? I mean it makes sense, but I wish I'd paid attention when I made my characters...but it's been a long time, and I don't remember noticing anything like this. That's pretty cool though if this is true...
I've only made two characters and this has happened each time. From what I remember it also happens when you start a new character even without saving. So I pretty sure it has to be. I'm not sure what else could be causing it if not... hm.

That's very helpful! I never knew that making a new character would affect meteor showers. I wondered why a few of mine never occurred and that makes sense.

Hah! Magical new characters! And here I mostly use them to store my stuff and be pattern mules. :D
Nor did I but I know it affects the weather, so it has to be that haha.

Powers~
You're not the only one.

Last edited:
I've only made two characters and this has happened each time. From what I remember it also happens when you start a new character even without saving. So I pretty sure it has to be. I'm not sure what else could be causing it if not... hm.

It makes sense that the game is going to be different in order to welcome a character and give them an opportunity to meet all the villagers, the town, etc. So I'm sure you're right. In a year of playing and obsessing over this game though I've never heard anyone talk about this---I think you've made a possible discovery. lol, I'd be excited since there's not much new to uncover in the game! :D

It makes sense that the game is going to be different in order to welcome a character and give them an opportunity to meet all the villagers, the town, etc. So I'm sure you're right. In a year of playing and obsessing over this game though I've never heard anyone talk about this---I think you've made a possible discovery. lol, I'd be excited since there's not much new to uncover in the game! :D
lol thanks. I'm always finding little Easter Eggs here and there in this game. There is always something new to discover, no matter what.

lol thanks. I'm always finding little Easter Eggs here and there in this game. There is always something new to discover, no matter what.

IKR, it's such a great game for that. So many layers to uncover and I love a good cheat/game strategy. If I'd known this one earlier, I could have found a way to exploit it lol. :p

IKR, it's such a great game for that. So many layers to uncover and I love a good cheat/game strategy. If I'd known this one earlier, I could have found a way to exploit it lol. :p
LOL I am mostly quiet about things unless someone brings it up in question.
I've been trying to find a way to crack the pwp glitch in my spare time, but not a lot of people seem to be interested in what I am doing. Oh well.

Last edited:
LOL I am mostly quiet about things unless someone brings it up in question.
I've been trying to find a way to crack the pwp glitch in my spare time, but not a lot of people seem to be interested in what I am doing. Oh well.

What pwp glitch? lol, I'm always interested...even though I'm totally done with my town. I don't think I'll ever get over this game...

Being able the place any pwp anywhere on the map without Isabelle complaining. I'll give you my thread.
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?221566-Game-Glitches

ooh, interesting thread! I've glitched everywhere with the net...and I mean everywhere, even in the HHA. I did it with Isabelle following me, onto the tracks, but she stayed behind. I didn't know I could push her around! I'll have to try that. But yeah, I don't get how those dream towns have the PWP's in the ocean and weird places like that. If it's still possible, I'd be scared to damage my game...so you're braver than I am. Anyway, I'm gonna follow that thread...I guess I could have posted this there.

I guess we're still on topic, since it's about weird things in towns.

ooh, interesting thread! I've glitched everywhere with the net...and I mean everywhere, even in the HHA. I did it with Isabelle following me, onto the tracks, but she stayed behind. I didn't know I could push her around! I'll have to try that. But yeah, I don't get how those dream towns have the PWP's in the ocean and weird places like that. If it's still possible, I'd be scared to damage my game...so you're braver than I am. Anyway, I'm gonna follow that thread...I guess I could have posted this there.

I guess we're still on topic, since it's about weird things in towns.
Haha thank you. I did some research and I found the cause. If I did a list of all the Japanese glitches, oh man it would be quite the list but we mostly have the outside Japan copies here. Plus it would eat up a lot of my time.

Anyway back to topic.

Back