• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Jimi Jamison - Lead Singer of Survival, Father, and Friend

Caius

De Profundis
Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Yellow Tulip
White Tulip
Red Tulip
Winter Mittens
Orange Mote of Flame
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Waluigi Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Rainbow Feather
Green Feather
A Proper Memorial to a friend, father, and crutch to those who needed him.
Jimi Jamison
u1Ep53E.jpg

Jimi Jamison was the lead singer of the rock band "Survivor," wildly popular in the 80's and known for the Baywatch theme song, and the music from the movie Rocky. If you don't know who he is, think Eye Of The Tiger, and it'll all come right back (though he wasn't in the band until after that point, he has sung it live ever since.)

I got the chance to meet him last year at Disney World, specifically the Eat to The Beat set the last day he was in town. I won?t go into details for personal privacy for the family, but he was a very, very loving man to his god-daughter and despite being exhausted after working in the heat all day, and not getting enough sleep, he made time for his family to come see him after not seeing them for a very long time. The man exuded fatherl-like tendencies for someone I cared very much about, and eased a lot of worries I had for them.

I had gotten a few other chances to talk to him, never face to face, but he didn?t seem sick. The fact that he had a heart attack was devastating to everyone and wildly out of the blue.

I wish the best to his family, his friends, his band-mates.. and his son, who for sure lost the most important person in his life. I will never forget the impact Jimi Jameson made on my life or the lives of the people around him.

6TBAqBC.png

That's so sad! He was a great singer, and seemed like a great guy. Let him rest in peace.

Omg he's... gone? :'(
I was in love after hearing Survivor, Is This Love, and Moment of Truth.
Was listening to him ever since.
Plus my mom had the When Seconds Count album, but never got the chance to listen to it :(

RIP

- - - Post Merge - - -

Many prayers to his relatives, friends, and bandmates <3

Last edited:
Back