Do you?

• Yes.

Votes: 57 37.3%
  • No.

Votes: 67 43.8%
  • I used to, but now I do not.

Votes: 29 19.0%

• Total voters
I was brought up as a Catholic, but started questioning my faith around the age of 13. I've been an atheist since then (with an agnostic transitioning stage) - it feels much better to decide what you want to believe in yourself rather than what is forced onto you as a child.

same ^

"The God of the Bible sounds worse than Hitler."

You know. People still follow some old-testament teachings. Like, I don't know- Jewish people, maybe. Even though there's some give and take with that- maybe you shouldn't go around calling people's deities "worse than Hitler".
Eternal damnation, w/ no hope of redemption, in everlasting hellfire. Kinda hard to beat that, in terms of cruelty.

Eternal damnation, w/ no hope of redemption, in everlasting hellfire. Kinda hard to beat that, in terms of cruelty.

Whether it's the christian God, Allah, Buddha, Shiva, Vishnu, Satan, Lucifer, Baphomet whatever- it's not your job to criticize or mock someone's beliefs in that manner.

You have your own beliefs. You may not agree with other people, but trash-talking someone else's beliefs doesn't make you any better than them. If you can't show respect, then don't grace people with your input.

no, i have a lot of interest in buddhism though. i really don't like a lot of aspects of western organised culture so i have no interest in being religious personally.

Last edited:
Whether it's the christian God, Allah, Buddha, Shiva, Vishnu, Satan, Lucifer, Baphomet whatever- it's not your job to criticize or mock someone's beliefs in that manner.

You have your own beliefs. You may not agree with other people, but trash-talking someone else's beliefs doesn't make you any better than them. If you can't show respect, then don't grace people with your input.
I don't I just can't understand why anyone would follow that..but whatever! To each their own...I stick by what I say though.

I was raised as a Christian but I'm now an atheist. I won't get into why because I don't want to offend people.

I wouldn't go as far as Hitler, but there are definitely some blatant contradictions in the Bible. Especially when you are comparing the Old Testament to the New Testament. The fact that they are part of the same religion baffles me really, considering their vast differences.

I can tell you really don't know what you're talking about considering they are two different religions. The Old Testament religion "Judaism" was based around making sacrifices to God and trying to live a sinless life, but when God sent Jesus to die for us, he was the ultimate sacrifice for our sins; therefore, breaking down the Old Testament law and creating Christianity. Those who don't believe Jesus was the son of God and still follow the Old Testament and various other books that have come up since then practice Judaism.
Also, I noticed in your earlier post something about "God would value your life more than how much you pray to him" and that's completely true. The Bible says to believe in Jesus and follow him, which is all you need to be a Christian. He doesn't care how often you pray, which is a misconception I didn't even know existed. It's pretty sad you're so quick to judge the faith that you really just don't even understand. If you follow a faith you're supposed to study it and read the guide, in this case the Bible, for it. Stop listening to what others say and find out for yourself, because in my short life so far one thing I've learned that never fails me is that people are stupid.

One problem I've heard is that the original text of the Bible has been rewritten so many times it's lost a lot of it's original context, thus making it hard to tell truth from false Belief. I've read some somewhere saying that the original word "eon" in the Bible was meant as a certain extant of time such as a 100 years or so, not eternity.

I am a Christian, although I'm not heavily religious. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but that's the way it is. I wish I could change myself to be a little more religious than I am now, but that's not possible with my determination.

Last edited:
Not really, to be perfectly honest. I'd say the best way to describe me in terms of religion is agnostic- I do question if there is some superior being above us, but I never think it's likely. Of course, this is only my opinion. I'm not trying to offend anyone, so if I do, I apologise thoroughly.

Last edited:
Mom is Jewish, Dad is Catholic, raised their children with no particular religious guiding, but my Mom is very proud of her Jewish heritage, and so am I.

But in terms of religion I don't really follow anything, I do what I think is right in life, and I always try to be nice and helpful. I do pray occasionally, and I thank God as much as I can, for example the past week has been beautiful and I made sure I prayed to God everyda showing my appreciation for the amazing weather! I also wrote a prayer and taped it above my bed, just basically thanking as well. I value life so much so...haha XD

But I don't really follow any sets of rules or guiding, I do religion my way 8)

I used to be forced into church when I was really little, but we eventually just .. stopped going.

I'd consider myself agnostic, I guess.

I was forced to go to church from age 9 to 13 while under someone's care. After I moved back in with my mom, I stopped going. Now I'm deist and glad I was set free from the brain washing hold the church had over me ^.^
Plus, they always made me feel bad for questioning certain things :/

Back