Eggs
Old Eggs
Winter Mittens
Lump of Coal
Winter Mittens
Cake
Silver Trophy (Second Place)
Rainbow Feather
I am an advocate of those little sets of pixels known as collectibles. Lassy compiled a guide, derided by a few, welcomed by many, in an attempt to value them for purchase and selling. However, lately a number have come onto the market that are not being snapped up, because possibly those who might wish to buy do not have the necessary funding available. Members with extra healthy TBT bank balances are in the minority; to buy in TBT costs in the region of 5 mil in game bells for a paltry 100 TBT, no amount of persuasion can convince that catching bugs overnight produces the amount of cash now required, so One has to believe that various shady means are being employed. Hence the vast majority of Bell Tree members can just no longer afford to buy collectibles on the TBT market.

There have been several restocks in the last months, more collectibles have come into circulation, which in effect should make them less valuable than Lassy's guide suggests. More interest in collectibles is being shown than ever before, restocks are immediately grabbed by those online at the time, mostly by those looking to turn a huge profit. Several members like to display several identical collectibles, but, should they be limited to buying from the shop just one per person in an effort for fairer initial distribution, and then if a member wants extra let them purchase from others?

Halloween is approaching, it would seem likely candies will be available again, Pokemon has a new release coming up, I am sure like many, we are anticipating the return of the Winter fair, if we get our wish, will there be rewards again, will they be feathers or something entirely new? There will be a new beach collectible or will they surprise us and release a set of three, as I am sure I originally saw 3 were mentioned? Apple, last of the fruit set should still be in the pipeline.

Will the members without big TBT bank balances be able to get hold of any of those mentioned above if they miss out on release times or are not much good at competitions?

I don't have the solution but will note the current state of things is discouraging to new newbies. I remember being new, getting interested in collectibles, going to the shop. And wow, everything is sold out. So you go to the market, and back in the day the rate was not 5 mil to 100 Tbt, so I was able to buy some. But if you are new these days, the marketplace can be discouraging.

A few of the newbies I helped recently have told me privately they are just giving up on collectibles and two of those guys I don't see them logging on anymore

I am not smart enough to come up with a solution but I think it's sad so many users don't see collectibles as something they can achieve. The way things are now, the casual collector can only achieve a few collectibles.

And please, don't post and say its just pixels, etc. What draws ac gamers to this site is not just
the community here but that you can personalize with signatures and collectibles. It's what makes the site unique in ac space so the fact that one aspect of personalization cannot be achieved by many is sort of a big deal.

Last edited:
I will say the collectibles are limited in stock for a reason. They wouldn't want everyone to have said collectible because it wouldn't be collectible anymore.

The one solution I could think of is limiting the amount of each collectible you can have, like the birthstones. Yeah, it takes away a little freedom, but there are a few people who have multiples of even the rarest of collectibles. And they just sit there in their inventory, with the other extras, when many people are looking for just one that they would actually value. I don't see the reason for having more than maybe two of the same collectible, other than really being obsessed with that one item. These people, however, have multiples of nearly every one. Limiting the amount to two-three of each collectible, depending on the rarity, would quickly get a lot of those extras out into the market and in to more collectors' sidebars! I don't the hoarders would really miss them that much.

Yeah, bell green, I get it, trying to keep things rare... But think back to your newbie days or put yourself in a newbies shoes.

While its true thhat there are a few hardcore collectible lovers who visit the market place every day, or do anything to get a big stash of tbt bells, they are only a few. Majority of TBT users are causal collectible collectors. They try the shop, oh, its sold out. They come to the market place a few times, wow, everything is so expensive. They give up and go back to the general threads or basement. They rarely try again. Or they give up on the site all togetherr. You get disappointed too often, sometimes, you just will yourself to not care about it, right?

So i know theres a need to keep some things rare, but that cuts both ways too.

And elite, thats a good idea too. Maybe make the initial offering limited? Like some of the popper restocks? And people who want multiples have to go onto market to buy the extras they want? I dont know, just bouncing ideas.

Last edited:
That's how life is. If you want TBT bells sell turnips catch bugs. You act like there is no other ways to get TBT bells. Go to brewsters and post valuable posts. I agree with BG. That's why they are called collectibles, they are rare for a reason.

When I was a newbie, no one was really that crazy about collectibles at all =P But eventually, those newbies won't be so newbie anymore and they'll be able to buy collectibles themselves.
But I agree about the multiples thing, it seems fair to have multiples only if you managed to buy them all. It's still weird to see someone hoard all of one collectible and not use them for anything, but that's just me.

I will say the collectibles are limited in stock for a reason. They wouldn't want everyone to have said collectible because it wouldn't be collectible anymore.

You say they wouldn't want everyone to have the collectibles, but do they want a small number members to hoard a large number of the same one or would they prefer a larger number players having one each. The number released could still be limited. You can only ever display 10 maximum at a time, the rest gather dust in our inventories. Could not people be happy with one of each collectible?

You say they wouldn't want everyone to have the collectibles, but do they want a small number members to hoard a large number of the same one or would they prefer a larger number players having one each. The number released could still be limited. You can only ever display 10 maximum at a time, the rest gather dust in our inventories. Could not people be happy with one of each collectible?

I don't want to sound attacking, but when you say "Could people not be happy with one of each collectible?" - you tend to have more than 1 of each collectible, so you're somewhat being a hypocrite.

No, I definitely agree with you guys about the one of each collectible thing, I was just explaining the staff's side of the restock =P
You should think about it like baseball cards. You don't see newbies with 300 cards in their collection, but if they wanted to have that many they could trade or buy cards until they have what they want. Until they try getting them, they won't get anything.

If we were allowed to purchase more than one then what would end up happening is one person would buy the entire lot and sell them for profit due to the really cheap prices of the collectibles from the shop. So, either you're limited to one per person or you raise the prices way up ?\_(ツ)_/?

I don't want to sound attacking, but when you say "Could people not be happy with one of each collectible?" - you tend to have more than 1 of each collectible, so you're somewhat being a hypocrite.

I currently have 3 duplicates, but I would be quite happy to have just one of each if that was the system. I am first to say, if I ever managed to get to a restock in time, I would buy what I could, because if I didn't the next person along would. But in my defence, I have also done quite a number of Givaways of cherries, chocolate cakes and pokeball, and also given several members the collectible they were searching for for free.

The only reason I have a blue feather collectible because I was insanely lucky enough to buy it cheap. Otherwise, I cant even imaging having the 10k to buy what they go for, And they're the cheapest of the feathers!

Sure, I want things to even out a bit (exchange rate omg) but limiting collectibles isn't really really fair to the people who have been members for longer or those who participate a lot earning those bells. Some members put in a lot of free time for others doing art, gfx, odd jobs , etc. If I want/covet a rare collectables, I'm going to have to put in the effort and earn it. I'm starting a lil shop soon and sell tier1 for TBT sometimes. That's part of the fun for me I guess.

Just my 2 cents :)

I don't have the solution but will note the current state of things is discouraging to new newbies. I remember being new, getting interested in collectibles, going to the shop. And wow, everything is sold out. So you go to the market, and back in the day the rate was not 5 mil to 100 Tbt, so I was able to buy some. But if you are new these days, the marketplace can be discouraging.

A few of the newbies I helped recently have told me privately they are just giving up on collectibles and two of those guys I don't see them logging on anymore

I am not smart enough to come up with a solution but I think it's sad so many users don't see collectibles as something they can achieve. The way things are now, the casual collector can only achieve a few collectibles.

And please, don't post and say its just pixels, etc. What draws ac gamers to this site is not just
the community here but that you can personalize with signatures and collectibles. It's what makes the site unique in ac space so the fact that one aspect of personalization cannot be achieved by many is sort of a big deal.

I am a newbie to TBT marketplace and it is discouraging to me. I tried to start a shop with no success. I tried everything and it's like nobody wants to sell their TBT
Isn't 4 million bells for 100 TBT enough?? It's going to break my AC bank account to offer any more. And I ask for tips on starting a shop and nobody even takes a glance at my post. From a newbies perspective here. It is discouraging.

I am a newbie to TBT marketplace and it is discouraging to me. I tried to start a shop with no success. I tried everything and it's like nobody wants to sell their TBT
Isn't 4 million bells for 100 TBT enough?? It's going to break my AC bank account to offer any more. And I ask for tips on starting a shop and nobody even takes a glance at my post. From a newbies perspective here. It is discouraging.

Your best bet is to wait for the shop restock that is tied into the BellTree Direct bulletin. There should be one within a couple of weeks. That's really the only way that most of us can afford the collectibles.

Last edited:
I'd have to agree with everyone else here. It'd be great if the limit per collectible was 1 or 2 per person(for each restock). Seeing someone with multiples of the same collectible, hoarding it all so no one else can have it makes me sad. :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back