• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

"COLLECTIBLES" - A blessing or a curse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people are only here because of collectibles, perhaps they should wonder why they are even here..

Oh I guess that's me off then.

I am thankful for the collectibles and don't see anything wrong with the system or how things are done. I'd hate to see them go, but if they are as big of a problem as everyone says they are, and they can't prioritize things beyond how unfair it is that jimmy had 10 cakes and 400000000 TBT and billy has none and 200 TBT and not realise that, oop, that's maybe how real life is as well?, maybe they should go away then no one has a reason to *****.

They are not a service, they are an extra addon, a LUXURY, they are something that we don't HAVE to have.

Jeremy can turn them off as easily as he turned them on. And that would be a damn shame because they are really cool.

This is not a diary, this is not where I go to buy my bloody milk and cheese and cereal. This is where I go to waste time when I'm bored and be a part of a community. This community happens to have the LUXURY of an economy and a very steep one at that. This fake economy is basic, with one supply of a wage per post, and those wages can be used to buy goods. Those goods are not a bloody requirement for you to live or breathe, but a LUXURY to add to your profile.

With the logic posted here I should be allowed to go ***** at bill gates for being rich and demand a Ferrari because it's not fair.

For those of you how do not understand Luxury

lux?u?ry noun \ˈlək-sh(ə-)rē, -zh(ə-)rē\

: a condition or situation of great comfort, ease, and wealth

: something that is expensive and not necessary

: something that is helpful or welcome and that is not usually or always available

Also, because I am done. HERE IS A HELPFUL LINK :D

#sodonepostinghere

Last edited:
Can we just have this thread closed again already? It's surely not helping anyone. Some of the posts have been downright offensive.

I am thankful for the collectibles and don't see anything wrong with the system or how things are done. I'd hate to see them go, but if they are as big of a problem as everyone says they are, and they can't prioritize things beyond how unfair it is that jimmy had 10 cakes and 400000000 TBT and billy has none and 200 TBT and not realise that, oop, that's maybe how real life is as well?, maybe they should go away then no one has a reason to *****.

They are not a service, they are an extra addon, a LUXURY, they are something that we don't HAVE to have.

Jeremy can turn them off as easily as he turned them on. And that would be a damn shame because they are really cool.

This is not a diary, this is not where I go to buy my bloody milk and cheese and cereal. This is where I go to waste time when I'm bored and be a part of a community. This community happens to have the LUXURY of an economy and a very steep one at that. This fake economy is basic, with one supply of a wage per post, and those wages can be used to buy goods. Those goods are not a bloody requirement for you to live or breathe, but a LUXURY to add to your profile.

With the logic posted here I should be allowed to go ***** at bill gates for being rich and demand a Ferrari because it's not fair.

For those of you how do not understand Luxury

Also, because I am done. HERE IS A HELPFUL LINK :D

#sodonepostinghere

Sounds like something a rich person would say... lol.
JK JK.

Sounds like something a rich person would say... lol.
JK JK.

In reality I'm dirt broke, man. I dunno how I'm gonna pay rent this month nor how I will pay the bills. I'm about to be shipped, literally, to Germany by the US army because I am a dependant of an officer in their ranks and yet I still have no idea how I will afford the move.

I may have a lot on here, but that is because I know how to work this market :'D. I save and wheel and deal and sell when it's high and wait when it's low and made wealth because people are epically kind to me. I love this economy and the marketplace. But I wouldn't cry if the collectibles and TBT were gone tomorrow, because this forum has more to offer and if they were gone the pressure would be off the staff to restock and people would have less to complain about. It would suck but you know what? One less issue to deal with IMO. I would just chill in brewsters and the cellar.

#NOWI'mdone

Last edited:
In reality I'm dirt broke, man. I dunno how I'm gonna pay rent this month nor how I will pay the bills. I'm about to be shipped, literally, to Germany by the US army because I am a dependant of an officer in their ranks and yet I still have no idea how I will afford the move.

I may have a lot on here, but that is because I know how to work this market :'D. I save and wheel and deal and sell when it's high and wait when it's low and made wealth because people are epically kind to me. I love this economy and the marketplace. But I wouldn't cry if the collectibles and TBT were gone tomorrow, because this forum has more to offer and if they were gone the pressure would be off the staff to restock and people would have less to complain about. It would suck but you know what? One less issue to deal with IMO. I would just chill in brewsters and the cellar.

#NOWI'mdone

I'm always down for a good chill.

#NOWI'mdone

Aren't we all.
I was merely being sarcastic/jokey in referring to your tbt quantity anyway :')
Good luck sorting your stuff out though.

You could drive for a couple days over here if you want :D

You could drive for a couple days over here if you want :D

Me first. She has my stuff and says I can cry on her.

Anywho back on topic since getting off for five seconds apparently offends people.

plz be nice to staff its just pixels. chill and play some games u know. do not be angry. who cares in the end.

I am fairly new to the forum and I don't really get how you earn tbt bells. It just seems like you get a random number when you post something.
I believe the length of your post affects how much TBT you earn, and so does uploading images (the latter takes away TBT).

Getting a Warn or an Infraction also takes away bells.

really? i actually didnt know this. interesting.

well, i read through everything, and im not really sure what to say except for one thing.
some of yall are going around calling dupers "evildoers" among other things and that in itself is laughable but
maybe you should take a step back and realize its actually mostly to do with greed of the buyers? in my opinion, anyway. if i could, id change this **** back to 1m=100tbt. 4m is ludicrous to anyone. for those unaware, buying 1k tbt takes about an hour and a half of dropping off goddamn bells for me going as fast as i can. this isnt the mods' fault. this is completely the users', the market's, fault.

people are upset about it being 4m? stop selling for goddamn 4m. dont ask the mods to do something because they didnt start this war. yes, its partially the fault of the sellers, but if buyers werent so greedy perhaps theyd accept lower rates.

im not trying to be inflammatory btw, i just think people are throwing the blame into the wrong area. nobody WANTS to go shell out 4m per 100. its a drag and it sucks. or maybe im just an oddball in the sea of sellers? i dont know.

as for the rest of the discussion... sure, a cap would be nice against those scalpers, but its not going to happen. maybe people should just be less greedy during restocks idk O:

my input is badly worded and badly put together sorry

I THINK I CONFUSED BUYERS AND SELLERS IM REALLY DUMB..... I MEANT THE GREED OF PEOPLE..OFFERING THEIR TBT??? whoa oh god

Last edited:
Hmm. I dont know how this thread sprialed out of control? :). It started out as a pretty thoughtful discussion, people chiming in with ideas, and then it became... yelling.

Guys, lets stay respectful. Both posters and staff, please remember that some of these posters are literally kids, like in middle school and high school. Even if ultimately things stay the same, i think dialogue is always good. Makes people feel their opinions were heard.

people are upset about it being 4m? stop selling for goddamn 4m. dont ask the mods to do something because they didnt start this war. yes, its partially the fault of the sellers, but if buyers werent so greedy perhaps theyd accept lower rates.

Thing is I don't think many of us even care about the exchange rates, so we're definitely not going to change them when we have no interest in them. All of that is up to the members, as you pointed out. We never started an official exchange rate and when attempts were made to try and make it official everyone freaked out and said it was unfair. So in my own individual honest opinion on the matter, you all can fix it yourself or deal with it the way it is.

Guys, lets stay respectful. Both posters and staff, please remember that some of these posters are literally kids, like in middle school and high school.

Thank you for the reminder but as politely as I can put it please don't tell us how to do our jobs. I never sugarcoat things when I need to lay down the rules and I don't plan on doing so in the future. If these kids in middle school and high school want to act like adults then they are going to be treated like adults.

Last edited:
Seriously, I have no problem with discussing it and I welcome almost all of the posts in this thread. My only problem is with the few posts that accused staff of not caring about the forum. That is simply offensive and really... it's sad.

Hmm. I dont know how this thread sprialed out of control? :). It started out as a pretty thoughtful discussion, people chiming in with ideas, and then it became... yelling.

Guys, lets stay respectful. Both posters and staff, please remember that some of these posters are literally kids, like in middle school and high school. Even if ultimately things stay the same, i think dialogue is always good. Makes people feel their opinions were heard.

The thread isn’t out of control. I don’t know where that came from. Honestly, kids or not people can learn to take what they’re dishing out. I automatically lose respect for anyone that can’t listen to my opinion when they’ve had a few pages before me to post theirs. My first and few following posts were not arguing, in fact, they were very civil and just explained why I said what I did, and why the idea wouldn’t work.

No, I actually didn’t even get angry until I had a few jibes with Callaway turn on their head and get me into trouble when honestly? The thread was back on track by the time everyone seemed to complain at me. I’d rather to be lectured on being respectful when I have not received any respect from most of you in return. It is a two way street and I am not required to be anyone’s friend.

Seriously, I have no problem with discussing it and I welcome almost all of the posts in this thread. My only problem is with the few posts that accused staff of not caring about the forum. That is simply offensive and really... it's sad.

I agree with this. I have tried to remain respectful and nice to everyone, and I mean everyone, until they do something untoward to me. If we didn’t care at all, then we wouldn’t be here doing this, or taking the time to explain why something would or wouldn’t work. I have a full time job, a huge amount of medical issues, and a great deal of stress on my plate as things stand, and while I get angry on the forums, or act a specific way it is HARDLY because I don’t care about the workings of it or the members.

That post actually hurt me, pretty bad. I was very much considering quitting the staff, forums, IRC, everything as a whole this morning, because if that’s how the staff is seen, then I have no reason to be around and wasting my time on people that don’t appreciate anything. I don’t know if this is how the rest of the staff feels about the situation, but I was certainly unimpressed and very resentful of anything anyone had to say in response earlier.

End Collectibles for a few weeks to get everyone to calm down. There seems too be a lot of tension that led rude comments to the staff. That's not the disrespect I want to see on TBT on what? Pixels!?! Y'all need to rethink your life if your get so worked up of pixels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back