• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Embarrassed about having low-tier villagers?

FriendlyVillager

Bells
Hey, does anyone here feel embarassed about having low-tier villagers in their town?

I have Puck in my town and I think he's a nice guy, I've talked to him a lot. But recently I learned he is in the lowest tier, so i want to get rid of him but I feel really bad getting rid of him just because he's not popular :(

No. I have Beardo in my town and he's become one of my favorite villagers, even a lot of people seem to hate him. I'm glad I was able to look past his popularity and become friends with him.

Unless you are aiming for a "Trophy Town", why would one be embarrassed about their villagers,
especially when you actually like them & enjoy their company?
It's kinda sad to see villagers got discarded just because they are not a higher Tier.

But hey, it's your town, do whatever pleases you, and I do agree that rotating villagers every now and then keeps the fun afresh. ^^

No. I don't give a **** about what other people think of my villagers.
Ribbot, Tom, and Deidre are my baes.

Nah. Half of mine are tier 4/5, and I love them. Camofrog is another of my all time faves, along with Curt, Portia, Moe, Opal & Peaches.

Nope not at all. I do have quite a few popular villagers, but that's because I like them, not because they're popular (though Marshal I got because I wanted to see why he was so popular, but now I love him lol)
Vic and Walker are both tier 5, I think, and I love them both. Walker is my absolute favourite. I didn't even know some of them (like Molly) were popular at all.
In my second town, I really want Pompom because she was my favourite way back in WW. I don't really care that she's unpopular.

nah man i love seeing lower tier villagers. i'd be embarrassed if i had nothing but tier 1 and 2 villagers tbh lol

You're town is for YOU, so you shouldn't feel obligated to have other people's favorite villagers in your town.

I have Deli, Knox and Ken. Deli I started with and I love the little guy. Knox is my favorite villager around, and Ken is one of the very very few smug villagers that I actually like.

I don't think it's anything to be embarrassed about. People are gonna like different villagers, and I think a lot of people have villagers from lower tiers they like/want. It's not just the higher tier villagers that end up being good company, but it all depends on the person whose town it is.

Honestly, I don't care what others think of my villagers. They're not some I keep around for their popularity- they're some I have for what I've experienced with them. Sure, I have high-tier villagers, but I either moved them in randomly or got them in my campsite. I didn't even know they were popular at the time.

Aw, you shouldn't feel embarrassed about having (and liking!) low-tier villagers. In my opinion, the tier-system is really just a handy overview of what villagers are currently considered popular and can thus help you get a better idea of around how much they're "worth". And by worth I just mean monetary value; it shouldn't impact how you personally feel about villagers!

And just think about it, if we were to compare this to food (I love food comparisons): let's say you really love the regular hamburgers at McDonald's. But new fast food chains open up, and most people find they like all like the new burgers better and eating at McDonald's isn't considered cool anymore. Would that stop you from eating delicious hamburgers at McDondald's? Would be silly if it did!

Definitely not the best example, but it's the first thing that came to mind (because I could really go for one of their burgers now).

I have a lot of low-tier villagers and I'd never feel embarrassed about having them. I think they're cute and that's what matters.

Well, I like villagers based on personality and looks, which is why most villagers are high on the tier. In my main town I have 4 top tier, 2 second tier and 4 third tier. Though maybe that's considered high, my last unachieved dreamie, Anabelle, is bottom tier, and I'm not embarrassed, she's cute and I like her, so why should I care.

Erm, I hope you don't start picking your villagers based on their popularity (which differs from website to website anyway lol). Just enjoy the animals you have in your town, nevermind what other people think of them. I've had tons of people tell me Peewee and Pietro are super ugly and stuff but they're still my faves and it's my town anyway so who cares lmao

Hell no and I don't think anyone should feel shameful for it. Rock on, Jambette. Love the haters. Give 'em big fat smooches.

????? nope

for example, I love Tiffany but no one else seems to??? she's great and maybe one of the only snooty characters i can stand, honestly

Back