• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Amiibo Launch Lineup and Pricing

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Spring Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Zipper Sakura
Spring Sakura
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
BwNA4LZIQAAsbWd.png:orig

These figures above will be the first Amiibo figures to release, starting this holiday. They'll be priced at $13 a peice in North America at least. Which means you'll be forking over... Around $160 for them all. Good luck guys!!

PR:

The holiday shopping season begins today for Nintendo fans, as the first 12 amiibo interactive figures become available for pre-order at a suggested retail price of just $12.99 each. The first dozen characters available for pre-order at select retailers are Mario, Peach, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Kirby, Fox, Marth, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer, with more on the way in the future.

Interactive amiibo Figures: Nintendo’s foray into the toys-to-life category starts today, with the first 12 amiibo figures available to pre-order from select retailers. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, which launches this holiday season, will be the first game with full integration of amiibo functionality. Other games that will support amiibo include Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario Party 10 and Yoshi’s Woolly World, with more to come. More details on amiibo functionality with the various games and a launch date will be revealed shortly.

Hmm, I guess the price is kinda what I expected. But, the figurines and even the boxes look super high quality and vibrant. Can't wait to pick some up!

Nah. Never been interested in toy collectibles (I'm looking at your lame existence, Skylanders) and I'm not paying $13 for a glorified Pokemon-esque NPC.

Aw, I was hoping for Olimar in the launch lineup. Anyways, I'm not really a fan of video games that you need to buy figures for (COUGH COUGH DISNEY INFINITY) but I want to support Nintendo, these figures look very high-quality, and I am curious to see what they do in various games.

Nah. Never been interested in toy collectibles (I'm looking at your lame existence, Skylanders) and I'm not paying $13 for a glorified Pokemon-esque NPC.
NPC? You use the Amiibo to build your own version of that fighter. The Amiibo figure saves all the EXP you've earned and things you've customized so you can take your character with you. That's about as far from an NPC as you can get.

I can't wait, I'll definately be getting Pikachu, Villager and maybe yoshi/donkey kong

I really want Mario, Yoshi and Fit Trainer. I can see getting Link, Fox, Pikachu and the Villager later lol I want them all kinda though D:

I'll get Marth and Villager from the starting ones. Weren't Zelda and Pit supposed to be at launch as well?

I'll probably just get Link and Pikachu, maybe Mario. Not sure I want to spend $160 for all of them.

Mario, Link, Fox, Samus and Marth are the ones I would like to get from the starting ones! :D
(I cant wait to get a Robin one! :D)

will it be possable to leave them in box (so they can stay mint) and still use them ?

ok well im asking i would like to use them but im thinking as a collecter too i dont wanna take it out of the box so im just wondering thats all.

Back