• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Amiibo Launch Lineup and Pricing

ok well im asking i would like to use them but im thinking as a collecter too i dont wanna take it out of the box so im just wondering thats all.

Considering Skylanders worked in their packaging (If you try the store demo with the portal thing and actual figures), it's probably likely these will too.

wait what

The figures use NFC communication, so they just have to be near the receiver to be connected. In Pok?mon Rumble U, you could leave the Pok?mon inside the plastic Pokeball it was in and still be able to check what it was without opening it. (Which was extremely helpful since the figures were random, so you could get a Pikachu 12 times in a row and you didn't have control over it.)

I want Marth, Zelda, and Shiek. And maybe Link. Why do some pictures show Link with a clear stand and others have a yellow stand? The yellow one looks weird.

I've been keeping an eye on these for months, my brother pre-ordered me Samus and Peach yesterday, I wanted Yoshi and Villager but he wanted the exact 2 I wanted so I just picked Samus and Peach.

Ah another money pit. I keep telling myself I'll only buy Starfox, Pikachu and the Villager... But I have a feeling like I'm just kidding myself lolz. Very excited for this. I wish I got into Skylanders those things look rad.

My fianc? and I preordered the Loot Crate.

If you count 10 figures x $13 = $130
plus shipping: Game Stop charged $3.50 shipping PER FIGURE = $35 shipping if you ordered all 10 from GS (assuming some are out of stock in store, you can't get to a store, you don't want to be bothered with the store, etc)

OR

$140 Loot Crate
+$15 Shipping

For all of the complaining that was posted online about the price of the Amiibo crate..... I guess there were enough supporters because they are SOLD OUT already.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, Link: http://www.lootcrate.com/amiibo?utm_source=Amiibo&utm_campaign=df6c5ea68b-amiibocrates_11_14_2014_EM&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d1e489b21b-df6c5ea68b-57383477&mc_cid=df6c5ea68b&mc_eid=dfb4fcd585

My fianc? and I preordered the Loot Crate.

If you count 10 figures x $13 = $130
plus shipping: Game Stop charged $3.50 shipping PER FIGURE = $35 shipping if you ordered all 10 from GS (assuming some are out of stock in store, you can't get to a store, you don't want to be bothered with the store, etc)

OR

$140 Loot Crate
+$15 Shipping

For all of the complaining that was posted online about the price of the Amiibo crate..... I guess there were enough supporters because they are SOLD OUT already.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, Link: http://www.lootcrate.com/amiibo?utm...-57383477&mc_cid=df6c5ea68b&mc_eid=dfb4fcd585

I suppose. Still you're hardly even saving much there and Shulk is unfortunately Gamestop exclusive so you will have to go to them eventually. I was interested until I saw the prices, I guess just not having the money just really turned me off.

For us, it wasn't about saving the money. I think it's the pure thrill of not knowing what the other items are. ;-)

Also, we're both done with school and working. The only things we spend money on are basic essentials, video games and currently saving for our wedding. I believe it changes things just a little when looking at the cost.

Back