• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

NEW Nintendo 3DS (& XL)

I am not, but I am saving up for a mac ):

I need the 3DS more though..

S should it start around 190 or 200$?
Get a PC, save some money and you could buy like five New 3DSes.

does the new 3ds not have a wifi switch? Thats horrible because the wifi switch is a great feature, i dont know what i would do without it, its good if you need to send someone home without saving.

If I remember correctly, the Wi-Fi switch is no longer physical, it's a button in the firmware like the brightness setting.

If I remember correctly, the Wi-Fi switch is no longer physical, it's a button in the firmware like the brightness setting.

I guess in an attempt to stop people using it to implement glitches and such.

It looks pretty nice. Depending on the price I might get one since I got my 3DS almost 3 and a half years ago.

I don't like the micro SD card, I really wish they would keep the regular SD, Micro's are too expensive, too easy to loose, and to easy to break. Plus if I wanna move everything to a new and bigger card, I need to buy a size converter, just so I can shove it in my computer

i posted this in my long ass post in the MH thread but i'll just copy pasta this snippit here since it relates to the new 3ds

i'm not sure if the guy who posted this actually played it hands on or not, or whether or not this information was just posted in Famitsu (since he posted it along with Famitsu translation) but this is how the new 3ds runs with MH4G, but some things like the loading time, and how the second circle pad feels is non-MH related, so it should help in getting a feel on how the new 3DS is as a whole and not just with relation to MH.

- almost no loading time between areas for new 3DS users
- ZL and ZR buttons mapped to panning the camera
- 3D effect very solid even when you are jamming on buttons when you mount a monster
- 3D is easy in the eyes as a result of the improvements
- you can tilt it and still see the 3D well
- the circle nub feels like the mouse nubs on computers, very sensitive and easy to use (almost no pressure needed)

The cover of my pad came off today.

It will easily go back on but I'm hoping it will last a bit lnger....

Fingers crossed.

Oh, that sucks..

I don't play games that hardcore other then kid icarus, as the made my move my circle pad intensily.

Surprised it didn't break!

I'm so pumped for the new 3ds/3ds xl! I was really thinking about getting a new 3ds xl as mine is getting a little bit worn down, and the bottom seems a little bit flimsy on mine, but no way I'm definitely holding out until these new ones come out as they look really cool too. I'm excited to see what new games will come out for these powered up handhelds as well. Nintendo has really been impressive these past 2 years! :)

Question: So, this model of the 3DS would be bigger then the XL?
What gives you that idea? The New 3DS XL is just as big as current XL systems, whereas the normal size model only has larger size screens. That's all.

And Zuko is right. You don't need to be every other post. That might as well be reported for spamming. No wonder you have 6k posts in little under a month.

I'm definitely getting the XL variant. The circle pad on my current XL is pretty flimsy and the new features look really neat.

The monster hunter guy posted his thoughts from a hands on event at the Tokyo game show;

I got to play with both the new 3dS and the new 3DS LL. Both were used in the mh4g event.

◾︎Both
I though the most irrelevant upgrade was the 3d since I don’t use it but it turns out to be the most significant upgrade. It’s not just about an incredibly huge viewing window, it’s about the quality of it. It feels down right like new tech, it’s amazing. The effect is far more solid (less stress in your eyes) and comfortable to use thanks to the image stabilization the camera gives it. It’s so good you’ll probably start using 3D even if it’s just a nudge and indeed this seems like Nintendo’s plan. Amazing.

The processor we can’t tell yet since there is nothing to compare it to buy loading in MH4G was very fast even multiplayer and frame rate solid, often hitting what felt like 60fps when I did solo.

Not a fan of no wi-fi button and the missing click feeling you get on the current LL when 3D is fully off but overall impressive upgrades.

The circle nub works really well but honestly the target camera in MH4G that I just opted to ignore it was there. However if you are the type that wants camera control this will do the trick really nicely. The ZR and ZL are pretty far back so not sure how easily they will be to use in a game that might need them.

◾︎New 3DS
Had the same round and soft feeling as the current LL which is great. Screen is 20% larger and while it helps, once you go LL it’s impossible to go back.

The plates are great and this is gonna be a big selling point.

◾︎3DS LL
Feels very much like the current LL (good thing) so less of a jump than that ****ty normal 3DS to the new one. Shame there is no plates…

I'm so confused. Does Nintendo not want money?! Release the stinking plates on the 3ds xl so more people will buy that resulting in more moolah for you! :)

Back