NEW Nintendo 3DS (& XL)

That is so expensive! I'm going to predict they're going to do a massive price drop. I thought Nintendo said they are about the same price as the 3dses?!

if there's going to be a price drop the regular 3DS and XL would drop first then the new ones would drop. I doubt they'd drop them to the same price

That is so expensive! I'm going to predict they're going to do a massive price drop. I thought Nintendo said they are about the same price as the 3dses?!

i think the price is actually great. if you think it's expensive just ask mommy to buy it for you.

Are they going to stop making normal 3ds game cards like tomodachi life and ACNL and smash bros? Or are they going to continue selling standard 3ds game cards?

Last edited:
Are they going to stop making normal 3ds game cards like tomodachi life and ACNL and smash bros? Or are they going to continue selling standard 3ds game cards?

Good question, mattyboo1. I hope that they don't, since not everyone will be making the move to the newer 3ds models right off.

On a side note, I've seen some stores selling 3ds's for around $99 (no joke). So I'm wondering if they're trying to sell off the older stock for the newer models.

Last edited:
They didn't stop making normal DS games when the DSi came out and DSi-exclusive features were around. It's just that some of the heavier games will be made exclusive to the New 3DS. It might be that Nintendo shifts focus completely onto the new system, but third-party developers will still have the option of making stuff compatible with all systems. I don't think there's too much to worry about.

I absolutely hate the fact that there is no wifi switch?

I don't know, do you?

- - - Post Merge - - -

tumblr_ncn29aL1yL1tp7afwo1_500.jpg

I think it's "Kyary for president".

Ugh unfortunately im not gonna be allowed to buy this because I recently bought a second 3ds, when is this new 3ds released in NA though?
Early 2015 from current reports.

I absolutely hate the fact that there is no wifi switch?
Honestly, should've seen it coming. It's already been taken out on the 2DS. I think the 2DS also addresses a lot of other complaints (the main one being "muh games will fall out"), some in a good way, others bad. If you're really scared people are gonna scam you in games like ACNL, then you can just use the power button. Don't even have to turn the system off completely. I can confirm that that works just as well.

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's worth posting here.

On September 2nd there was a supposed leak of New Nintendo 3DS specs, found here. Take it with a grain of salt, it may just be Super Smash Bros. 4 roster rumors all over again.

Anyway, it lists the release date as March 20th 2015, though doesn't specify whether that's a US or EU date (or both). It also lists four games as being released during the launch:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (N3DS exclusive)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 3D (N3DS exclusive)
- Super Mario Sunshine 3D (N3DS exclusive)
- Code Name: STEAM (N3DS enhanced, meaning it's compatible with current models as well)

Again, this is a supposed leak and may not necessarily be real. That being said, I'd love it to be real for the fact that there's a possibility to replay Twilight Princess and Sunshine on the go.

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's worth posting here.

On September 2nd there was a supposed leak of New Nintendo 3DS specs, found here. Take it with a grain of salt, it may just be Super Smash Bros. 4 roster rumors all over again.

Anyway, it lists the release date as March 20th 2015, though doesn't specify whether that's a US or EU date (or both). It also lists four games as being released during the launch:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (N3DS exclusive)
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 3D (N3DS exclusive)
- Super Mario Sunshine 3D (N3DS exclusive)
- Code Name: STEAM (N3DS enhanced, meaning it's compatible with current models as well)

Again, this is a supposed leak and may not necessarily be real. That being said, I'd love it to be real for the fact that there's a possibility to replay Twilight Princess and Sunshine on the go.

You had me at Super Mario Sunshine. Now I really want these to be true.

I think it's "Kyary for president".

Early 2015 from current reports.

Honestly, should've seen it coming. It's already been taken out on the 2DS. I think the 2DS also addresses a lot of other complaints (the main one being "muh games will fall out"), some in a good way, others bad. If you're really scared people are gonna scam you in games like ACNL, then you can just use the power button. Don't even have to turn the system off completely. I can confirm that that works just as well.

cant that corrupt the game? using the power button?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and are all four new games exclusive to the new 3ds?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't know, do you?

- - - Post Merge - - -

View attachment 69878

I have absolutely had enough of your rudeness, my computer made a typing mistake because my keyboard is messed up and I don't need your rude comments anymore.

cant that corrupt the game? using the power button?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and are all four new games exclusive to the new 3ds?
Not more than the wi-fi switch would corrupt it. As soon as you press the power button and it goes to the gray screen, the wi-fi connection to the other person is lost. If it's not immediately apparent, I wouldn't mind shooting a short video of it to demonstrate.

Also, as it says, Code Name: STEAM would be compatible with current models. However, it's just a supposed leak. We're not sure if it's actually true or not at this point.

Hmm, do you think they will too selling game cards of older games such as ACNL and tomodachi life? I would assume that they would at least continue selling those. We always have eshop versions but I prefer cards, also I don't know how they will block off eshop versions to current models though.

Back