• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

NEW Nintendo 3DS (& XL)

I'm so confused. Does Nintendo not want money?! Release the stinking plates on the 3ds xl so more people will buy that resulting in more moolah for you! :)

I don't get it either but knowing Nintendo they'll probs release the New 3DS LL 2.0 in a year which has plates!!!

Screw it, I'm buying the xl. I'll just put a decal on it. ;-;

I'm so buying the XL. From what i hear it'll be even cheaper than the current one.

i'm torn
i wanted the xl, but it doesn't have plates??

oh well, i just all that matters is the color
whatever is FULLY WHITE in NORTH AMERICA is fine with me

DO YOU HEAR THAT NINTENDO?!??!

I'm so confused. Does Nintendo not want money?! Release the stinking plates on the 3ds xl so more people will buy that resulting in more moolah for you! :)
It's because for the New 3DS XL, they'll be releasing special editions. Like the MH4U one they showed off, probably a SSB4 one as well, etc etc. Seeing the amount of special editions for current XL models, it's pretty clear that that's the way they're gonna go with it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm so buying the XL. From what i hear it'll be even cheaper than the current one.
Same price.

It's because for the New 3DS XL, they'll be releasing special editions. Like the MH4U one they showed off, probably a SSB4 one as well, etc etc. Seeing the amount of special editions for current XL models, it's pretty clear that that's the way they're gonna go with it.
I thought so,
but then this comes to mind. Why don't you just put the special designs on a cover....that can only be bought in a special bundle, special edition? IDK maybe it's just me.
...you can get the New 3DS XL to match the color of the cover or design...
I'll be quiet now.

I thought so,
but then this comes to mind. Why don't you just put the special designs on a cover....that can only be bought in a special bundle, special edition? IDK maybe it's just me.
I'll be quiet now.
Because covers don't sell for $200.

I thought so,
I'll be quiet now.

Aren't they actually doing that with Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire? Pretty sure I've seen images floating around with them doing that.

If nintendo aren't idiots they will make their popular games like Animal Crossing, Mairo, Zelda avalibe for this 'new' 3DS XL

- - - Post Merge - - -

It doesn't release in the west until early 2015.

well damn them!! >.< (I'm still probably getting one XD)

If nintendo aren't idiots they will make their popular games like Animal Crossing, Mairo, Zelda avalibe for this 'new' 3DS XL

- - - Post Merge - - -

well damn them!! >.< (I'm still probably getting one XD)

The current 3DS games will be available plus whatever games they make for that system. So they've met your criteria already. :)

Nintendo AU NZ ‏@NintendoAUNZ 7m

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL will launch 21st November in Australia & New Zealand #NintendoDirectAU

u feelin ok ninty AUS??

Nintendo AU NZ ‏@NintendoAUNZ 7m

New Nintendo 3DS & New Nintendo 3DS XL will launch 21st November in Australia & New Zealand #NintendoDirectAU

u feelin ok ninty AUS??
What the?! That's earlier than I expected...

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
but theyre not releasing xenoblade until 2015 so whats the point lol
ROFL yeah I realized that, along with its still called the New 3DS... please tell me this isn't the official name. Please.

Back