• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Awkward and precarious situation pertaining to girls and a crush of mine.

XTheLancerX

Dedicated Gamer
Bells
Small Mailbox
---Stop reading here if you don't want to hear about this, final warning xD---

So, my crush, seemingly out of nowhere, starts somewhat fighting (not too harsh) over me on an Instagram picture I posted, (A selfie >_>) with this other girl I have never met in person, but know of. She is from a different school district which is about 20 miles away from where I live. Believe it or not, this isn't even that far in the area I'm in... Most all towns, which are all quite small, are separated by this sort of distance in my county. These girls are both decent friends apparently, so yeah.

Anyways, I text my crush about this after words, (keep in mind, I'm not 100% ready to get into a relationship, but I still like her nonetheless) and in a round about way ask if she really meant what she said... She was saying things like "He has to pick one of us!" On my picture, later to say "he is going to choose me because we are secretly in love!!"... Etc...

Again, anyway. My crush kind of replied something like, "Well, it sort of is true, but she really digs ya ;)". So, my crush essentially friend zoned me hard and is trying to set me up with another girl who lives 20 miles away. This girl has commented on some old pictures saying I'm cute and such, I just sort of brushed it off trying not to get caught off guard, etc...

Later, she pretty much forced me and her into talking on Kik and Snapchat, and the girl is actually decently nice to talk to.

This sort of blew over for a couple months, but now it's back. The girl started snap chatting me again, except now it went for hours, just kind of talking, but not really having a deep conversation. I sort of enjoyed it to be honest, but it just feels really weird, considering that I like someone else (this girl is growing on me though tbh.. ^^), and she lives 20 miles away/I have never seen or talked to her in person/don't even know what sorts of things she thinks are funny or interesting, etc etc etc... (I'm ending things with "etc" too much, sorry.)

So... Now my crush has been talking to her and I, trying to essentially hook us up. She told me that the girl really wants my number. I didn't really have a problem with it since she had my Kik/Snapchat anyway, and she is sort of nice to talk with. So, I followed through.

This whole thing is weird, it feels forced, but at the same time, I kinda like talking to this person. However, I almost feel like my crush is just trying to mess with me pretty badly... I have contradicting (but hopeless) feelings though. My crush has friend zoned me really badly, even though for months I suspected she liked me too, always wanting to sit by me in lunch, in class, heck, she even was pretty seemingly upset when she found out we weren't in the same Spanish class... Saying it really sucks, stuff like that.

On top of ALL of this, my parents don't seem like they would be too approving of a somewhat long-distance relationship if it even did end up happening. It all feels like one huge dead end. Also, just talking to random girls... They don't even know I text any girls, as far as they know, I barely text anyone, just a couple of guy friends. They act real weird about this stuff and it freaks me out to say anything. Oh, and about how I primarily spoke to this person through snapchat, they don't want me having a snapchat apparently. I randomly made emails, Instagram, this forum account, they know about all that and didn't care, (they were fine because they said they trusted me to be responsible, which I have been) so I made a snapchat. Come to find out, a month or two after having it, my mom randomly asks my brother, "You don't have a snapchat, do you?" He replies, "No." My mom follows with just a flat out, "Good." I have had Snapchat for almost 5 or 6 months now. I don't even use snapchat for anything bad, even though it seems like my parents automatically think snapchat is just straight up, nonstop, sexting. I don't do that, don't feel comfortable doing it, and don't plan on doing that, because just so much stuff could go wrong, and I just don't want to do that lol.

Anyway, I am in the most complicated situation I could ever imagine. What do I do??

I am sorry for such drama, but I am really in a weird situation, and kind of need advice.

Also, I apologize for how hard this entire "Story" is to decipher. There are so many different factors and thoughts that entered my mind at the same time, that all of them messily came out into.... That ^ at once.

Last edited:
Hints:
*She didn't friend-zone you, she just didn't want to seem like she was forcing herself on you
*wow she's got it bad
*She definitely likes you, waifu her pls so she'll stop this self-destructive nonsense

Okay, so your crush likes you a lot apparently. Your inability to commit to her and ask her to date you (which, btw isn't waifu-ing somebody really, so you should just do it if you like her) makes her think that you still want to be single (or worse, with this other chick). Because she likes you, she wants to be supportive of your lifestyle, but she can't really be supportive because she's jealous. That's why she insists on you hooking up with this girl she doesn't like, but knows likes you (somewhat). She's trying to control and contain the situation so that everything she has imagined is going on does go on because that will help her move on from you and will justify her jealousy.
Her serious jealousy.

I'm speaking from experience: please please just ask her out if you're interested. It'll be more painful and awkward for you both (you might even stop talking completely if she gets too disillusioned with you) if you hold out on her.

the friendzone isnt real
she likes you, shes just trying to be selfless from what i can see, or shes testing you to see if youd REALLY date someone else when she probably knew you liked her

this whole thing is stupid and just go out with your crush. the end. forget the other girl. people are so dumb about courtship tbh smh

also lancetheturtle hit the nail right on the head, perfect explanation

Last edited:
From what I understood, I think she likes you, but doesn't really want to admit it, perhaps she is afraid that you'll reject her. So to show that she doesn't like you, she tries to hook you up with some other girl.
That is my point of view. My assumption.
Or she could be testing you out to see if you like her or not by seeing if you'd go out with that girl.
Hella lots of possibilities, but I believe she likes you.

Last edited:
This is the most complicated situation you could ever imagine? Man, kids have it good.

Agreed with everyone else. Either ask her out or don't, but stop leading her on if you feel you're "not ready for a relationship".

Yeah I see what you guys are saying. I will try to make it clear that I really don't plan on getting together with this other girl...

Sorry I was being so insanely dramatic. This really isn't "the most complicated situation I could ever imagine". I was just tired last night, and was a lot more overwhelmed, tired, and confused. That's also the reason I was deadset on being friend zoned.

I'm probably just going to try to settle this and make it clear I'm not really interested in that other girl, because really, I'm not. I think I was just trying to force myself to believe that, because I was overwhelmed and felt I had no other choice/chance in anything else. I mean, yeah she's nice, but it just really doesn't feel right. -_-

Sort of got fooled I guess. Neither of them were outright acting jealous, and both of them were being nice, not talking crap about each other and such.

*sigh* -_-

I know I'm contradicting myself here, but I'm ready to be in a relationship, but at the same time I'm not. I really just don't know how to go about it, and am kinda shy about it even though my crush and I have been talking/pretty decent friends for awhile now.

From the looks of it, you all made what seems to be a very very accurate explanation to what is happening. I was thinking about it in a far too simple way, and was being way too gullible. So I guess I should probably thank you guys for allowing me to see what probably is actually going on.

Why don't you just talk to her about it? Be honest with both of them and find out they feel without guessing or assuming. It's hard for us to tell if she likes you because we only see your side, you know? Ask her, she's the only one who knows for sure how she feels.

Ignore what everyone has said so far, here.
Here are the facts:
-You are young
-You should focus on school
-You should respect your parents' wishes
-There is no point in dating before you become best friends with them

Here are the facts:
-You are young

Yeah I was kinda wonderin' the same thing. Why not just focus on your studies and graduate from uni, then get into a relationship? I'd actually like to be able to support myself before I even consider a relationship.

Here are the facts:
-You are young

Listen to Troongle the Wise.

Lol you guys. I'm saying right here and now, I'm not getting together with that girl who lives like 20 miles away. And about violating my parents wishes, I didn't exactly go out of my way violating their sort of.. Wants. They don't really even know about this whole situation as I didn't really see it urgent enough to ask them about it. (yes, I know, my original post was as if my life was ending and was overly dramatic. I was tired, confused, and sort of overwhelmed. I don't know what I was thinking when I made such an insanely dramatic post. So, I apologize.) And, the whole snapchat thing, they have trusted me with things pretty much all my life, and I have been responsible. I figured they wouldn't really mind if I got a snapchat, and I knew I wasn't going to go straight up sexting anyone. I didn't even know that it violated their standards until I had my snapchat for almost 2 months. It's my fault for not asking in the first place anyway and just assuming they would be okay with it. I take all the blame for that. I do respect my parents wishes, I want to please them, and I have thus far. They probably won't be insanely happy when they find out I have a snapchat and have been hiding it, but that's a story for another day, and I will take my punishments accordingly.

Anyway, I contacted "My Crush" (I really hate saying that) and said straight up, I'm not interested in that other girl romantically. I'm not mad that she essentially was trying to hook us up, but I am confused as to why she would do that in the first place. She ended up saying that she wasn't exactly trying to hook this girl and I up, but wanted her to "have a friendship". Wut? >_>

Lol you guys. I'm saying right here and now, I'm not getting together with that girl who lives like 20 miles away. And about violating my parents wishes, I didn't exactly go out of my way violating their sort of.. Wants. They don't really even know about this whole situation as I didn't really see it urgent enough to ask them about it. (yes, I know, my original post was as if my life was ending and was overly dramatic. I was tired, confused, and sort of overwhelmed. I don't know what I was thinking when I made such an insanely dramatic post. So, I apologize.) And, the whole snapchat thing, they have trusted me with things pretty much all my life, and I have been responsible. I figured they wouldn't really mind if I got a snapchat, and I knew I wasn't going to go straight up sexting anyone. I didn't even know that it violated their standards until I had my snapchat for almost 2 months. It's my fault for not asking in the first place anyway and just assuming they would be okay with it. I take all the blame for that. I do respect my parents wishes, I want to please them, and I have thus far. They probably won't be insanely happy when they find out I have a snapchat and have been hiding it, but that's a story for another day, and I will take my punishments accordingly.

Anyway, I contacted "My Crush" (I really hate saying that) and said straight up, I'm not interested in that other girl romantically. I'm not mad that she essentially was trying to hook us up, but I am confused as to why she would do that in the first place. She ended up saying that she wasn't exactly trying to hook this girl and I up, but wanted her to "have a friendship". Wut? >_>

imo who cares why she did it j UST ASK HER OUT, , ,,, it was obviously either out of jealousy/selflessness/etcetcetc it couldve been a million things but you made it clear who cares about the other chick
also, its possible the other chick is on your girls back about it, threatening her or some ****, petty **** people do
if that is an issue after all, talk with her about it but oNLY AFTER YOU ASK HER OUT FIRST,,,

She's telling you she's still interested.
Ah, women... why can't we just be honest...? *cries*
Anyway, you should definitely listen to the others and take love less seriously than school and your parents, but relationships are one of those things that are part of maturing and require a little experience to navigate and stabilise correctly. If you want to date, you should. It's good for your development.

Last edited:
Lol, the friend zone does not exist. To be honest, the term is a little disturbing. When you say the friend zone, you're implying that person should be with you, and implies ownership.

You know your parents probably don't want you to have Snapchat because of how much it's been put in a bad light in the Media. If you explain your privacy settings etc. and just talk to them about it calmly you might be able to persuade them.

You know your parents probably don't want you to have Snapchat because of how much it's been put in a bad light in the Media. If you explain your privacy settings etc. and just talk to them about it calmly you might be able to persuade them.

I hope this doesn't offend any one, but if I had a kid I'd be pretty irritated if they were sending pictures of themselves/receiving pictures from people that last for a few seconds and then vanishes forever. I can understand Instagram, but snapchat just seems so... SO WRONG. Who interacts in that way? What are people trying to hide? I will plead ignorance, all I can imagine is that snapchat is for **** pics. What in the heck else are people going to be using this type of app for?

I thought cell phones were bad growing up. I had all ways believed it better to just talk face to face, rather than texting/calling people. But this snapchat thing, it just seems so ridiculously.... unnatural I guess? Dangit Ashtot, you got me all off topic. End the rantings, resume the drama.

Back