• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

I think killing the thieves at this point is a bad idea and a complete waste of time. If you're really worried about it, we can wait until town numbers are dangerously close to losing majority. If the thieves do happen to be scum, we only need to lynch one and we will quickly find out that the rest of them are as well. But it's a bad move to attempt something like this at this stage in the game. Also, Karla, your general attitude is a distraction to our objective. Try cooperating with other players instead of acting smug all the time.
That is scummy as hell Jer. We lynch possible town number when we're dangerously close to mylo? No, if we're killing a thief we do it tonight or lynch them tomorrow.

That is scummy as hell Jer. We lynch possible town number when we're dangerously close to mylo? No, if we're killing a thief we do it tonight or lynch them tomorrow.

It's not scummy, it's strategic. If the thieves are scum, we only need to kill one of them to find out. It's better to save them for last because we can maintain a majority while still lynching them as a desperate last resort.

It's not scummy, it's strategic. If the thieves are scum, we only need to kill one of them to find out. It's better to save them for last because we can maintain a majority while still lynching them as a desperate last resort.
We would be better off knowing that knowledge now, not late game though! With increased town we can easily vote off the thieves and then try to sleuth out the remaining mafia.

We would be better off knowing that knowledge now, not late game though! With increased town we can easily vote off the thieves and then try to sleuth out the remaining mafia.

I think it's unlikely that they're scum and we'd be better off lynching unknowns and I think we should stay on the same track we're on. If we find out that one of them is scum, it really won't make a difference when it is since it would lead to us lynching all of them either way. But if we do it now, it will just continue to delay us.

God no, don't waste a lynch on a thief.

It would be equally as bad as a vigilante wasting his shot on one of us. If you want to shoot one of the thieves, by all means, go ahead, as it would definitely help me (unless you're shooting me) meet my win condition by getting rid of the competition, but I'm kind of in the best interests of the town at the moment. Also, Natty and I are both contributing quite a bit while Cory is doing the best he can.

- time to analyze, post will likely be in an hour or so? -

I think it's unlikely that they're scum and we'd be better off lynching unknowns and I think we should stay on the same track we're on. If we find out that one of them is scum, it really won't make a difference when it is since it would lead to us lynching all of them either way. But if we do it now, it will just continue to delay us.

While it might be highly unlikely, we're still better off discovering whether or not they're fake now rather than later.

While it might be highly unlikely, we're still better off discovering whether or not they're fake now rather than later.

Why though? It would make the game end sooner if it happens to be true, but it wouldn't necessarily help us win any more than lynching later instead. And if they are telling the truth, which I think we can agree is most likely, then it will only hurt us.

Why though? It would make the game end sooner if it happens to be true, but it wouldn't necessarily help us win any more than lynching later instead. And if they are telling the truth, which I think we can agree is most likely, then it will only hurt us.

It would make the game end sooner if we waited too! Damned if we do, damned if we don't. The difference here is that if they flip scum or town aligned, we know for sure what the rest are. Compared to waiting until potential mylo and they decide to side with the scum to get closer to their end game.

What's with these votes yo

Day 2 Final Votes:

Cariad - 5 - Trundle, Ashtot, Karen, Crystal, ryan88
Crystal - 7 - Tom, Dolby, Sataric, Yui Z, Minties, Jeremy, Dad, [CORY, afterwards]
Dolby - 3 - KarlaKGB, Alice, JellofishXD, Dad
Ashtot - 1 - Minties, Natty
Dad - 1 - Cariad

Players not voting: alise
Excused from voting: Lauren

So I'm not sure if all of you here are familiar with my common thoughts about what must be going on if votes are swaying away from a certain direction so hard even with a stronger case. The case on Ashtot was essentially one of the most analyzed and well put together cases in the game so far. Even with this case posted, quoted 3 times, and commented on further from Minties, how come no attention went towards it? Meanwhile, the most you could get on Crystal was "her wording is suspicious lol".
Not only does this show huge sway by the mafia but it also shows town's lack of notice to it. Now, since we have had no counter claims so far, I can assure you Natty's case was nearly 100% unbiased in any direction, as it was written from a third party trying to find scum, although it's really not even something Natty has to do in this game. We as thieves so far in the game have been helping out town when we could have been distracting you all along, and as you fail to realize that and continue to vote for Crystal, your chances of winning the game goes slowly out the window.
While Tom has picked up activity, where has his cases been? It is often in games that Tom at least brings good points to the table and goes against the mainstream town views no matter how scummy it makes him look. At the moment all he is doing is pushing for the death of a third party while all we're doing is trying to help town. And what the heck does this quote even mean?
My cruddy playstyle I guess. Ya'll won't have to worry about it for much longer.
What do you mean we won't have to worry about it for much longer? Are you dying? Are we dying? Do you know something we don't? Why haven't the things you and Sataric know about been explored? To be honest, Tom, you have had nearly no posts this game beneficial to town. You just ask dumb questions. Aside from that, you've been focusing on knowing who the thieves are and if there were any counter claims to the thieves, and now you want to kill one. Why did you even vote for Crystal when there were so many other good cases?
I'm sure you all know how long I could go on about each player here. I'm going to let Tom reply to this and then go from there.

I haven't brought up any cases because I don't care to dedicate 30 minutes of time against players and all I get is a simple K. And what I meant by that is I'll be quitting TBT Mafia after this game. Tired of joining games and it's the same four people contributing out whatever number. IF you can't be assed to post, don't sign up. And don't ditch this one for the newbie game, post in it all the time and then claim you've been busy all day.

I haven't brought up any cases because I don't care to dedicate 30 minutes of time against players and all I get is a simple K. And what I meant by that is I'll be quitting TBT Mafia after this game. Tired of joining games and it's the same four people contributing out whatever number. IF you can't be assed to post, don't sign up. And don't ditch this one for the newbie game, post in it all the time and then claim you've been busy all day.

Really sorry to hear that and hope you will reconsider. I agree with what you're saying, though - Activity is still an issue and some people just keep signing up to play in game after game without really posting or contributing much. It is tiresome. But I really hope that there's ways we could improve on that rather than seeing our best and oldest Mafia players quit due to frustration.

Now, regarding the three thieves, I've been feeling a little bit uncertain of them all along. I'm going to explain why:

The timing of the claims? Natty was starting to get pressured by people, and a vote or two had been cast on her for the lynch. That's when she decides to roleclaim. This makes sense both if she's Mafia and if she's the role she claims to be, because obviously she doesn't want to die. However, she doesn't instantly explain how her role works, and it really felt like SP was the one that put the idea of "stealing treasures" into her head in my opinion. I commented on that before.

It takes many many hours before all the details of how the role works are on the table. But once they are, it adds up. People are no longer suspicious of Natty much at all. Most of us doesn't even seem to strongly consider that this Thief role could be a safe-claim of some kind given to her by Tina. Now, some time passes and attention switches over to Cory, and only then - After seeing how well it worked for Natty - He claims to be the same role. And AGAIN it removes almost all suspicions off of him. After seeing how well this works, Trundle is fairly confident in claiming the same role himself, and explain that this is why he has been acting odd which many of us have been picking up on.

Play-To-Win? If the Thieves work exactly like we have been told, and there's nothing sinister or evil about them, why the hell would both Natty and Cory - WITHOUT BEING PRESSURED - Tell us who they stole diamonds from? This is pure foolishness if the goal is for them to get more diamonds than the other people. Why would you tell your competition whom you've visited, and who no longer has treasure in their pockets? That just means that your competitors won't waste a night visiting the same target! If they were telling the truth, both about their roles and who they visited, they'd just be shooting themselves in the foot. It makes zero sense to me.

Who's side are they really on? As Karla said, even if they ARE telling the truth, I don't see any reason why they would choose to help town in a critical situation towards the later parts of the game. They might just as well side with Mafia and end the game earlier, which would benefit them. Very dangerous. Despite this, they're just floating by. And note how Cory seems incredibly upset with the idea of one of the three getting shot. Why is that? Yes, even if they were telling the truth all along, they have a 33% chance to die, but a 66% chance of getting ahead in the game by losing a competitor. Despite this, he appears super defensive about it. That worries me additionally. It implies that he's not thrilled about the idea of his opponents getting removed from the game, which would be the number one thing furthering him towards his win condition.

Town {?}

Theory on the 3rd parties: Is it possible that they may be scum? All of them, and it's just a setup? I really really doubt this, however.
Cory
3rd party, I believe all the thief claims.

Natty

Trundle

Ryan
I also believe his roleblocker claim, however, it's a little weird mafia didn't go for him. If he doesn't die I'm going to grow suspicions, and if there WAS a mafia roleblocker, I don't think they would counterclaim, as we would mislynch the other, and just lynch the other after. Unless, they can claim there are 2 roleblockers, but for now, I'll believe his claim. It could be WIFOM, though. {Mafia makes Ryan claim town rber, we think "oh he couldn't do this as scum" and it was mafia's plan all along.} Although, I am probably overthinking this.
Minties
Ah, Minties, I love reading your posts. Though, all players that act extremely pro-town make me paranoid. {sataric, dad, etc.} I'm inclined to believe she is town for now. Looking back on Sunleth, she tends to be more, huh, aggressive?
Just over 2 hours till home time!

3 votes for Jello so far, careful if we want discussion.

My sus list so far:

FN1 - notorious for posting on other parts of the forum and avoiding mafia. Late claim, bandwagons on all votes and is avoiding responding to any accusations. Seems to be hiding to me.

Jello - pointlessly arguing and hasn't posted a lot. I am in her timezone and I can still make an effort to post.

Ryan88 - Dad believed him, but I still don't trust him. Votes without saying anything at all. He hasn't provided anything of value to us all game. I don't know if it's because he is a newbie or is trying to hide.

Nikkinikki - getting highly aggressive when accused. Wasn't posting much, cited being busy.

I'm not 100% on all of these people, but they all rub me the wrong way.

She tends to go after easier lynches, like that one post I said about her going after easy lynches.
I didn't read this part: "I personally believe at LEAST 1 mafia member lies on this list due to there being 5"
We can cross 2 off of her list, by the way. If Cariad is truly a blue.
Alice
A quiet player, that's for sure. She tends to be more vocal and alert as scum. I think shes town, for now.
I'm not stupid enough to act quiet simply because I'm mafia and have something to hide. I've been over this before in previous games. You seem pretty fast to jump on me with no real evidence, Sataric. Going for an easy lynch, are we? It's fine and dandy to lynch someone because you feel they're not contributing and you'd rather risk it than remain idle, but a red flag? LOL.
- - - - q u o t e - - - -
Sometimes there's a difference between not posting and not contributing. Just because you're posting doesn't mean you're actually contributing. I'd say making useless posts is even more harmful than not being present. Your gut feeling only goes as far as we can trust you. This seems mostly personal, rather than a "gut feeling", you're picking at crystal because they picked at you.
I think she's town, to be honest. She's vocal and more alert as scum. Her playstyle reminds me of MM mafia, when she was town. I don't have much to say about her, plus I'm terrible at analyzing so, uh, yeah.

im a huge ****ing procrastinator so um i need to finish this. this isnt alot but i didnt want to keep you guys waiting

That was a really good post Sataric, and one thing I'd like to add is the fact that Trundle just casual told us he wouldn't reveal information regarding his role, only that he was indeed a Kelpie. I find this kind of strange, and it's weird that nobody questioned it early on.

Getting late where I am, so I'll just keep this very brief for the moment.

I think it would be incredibly gutsy for 3 mafia to claim thieves. I mean it seems pretty smart in theory considering no one touched the squid after they knew squid was a 3rd party with a separate win con. It may be advantageous to kill off one of the supposed thieves to determine if the other two are lying as well. Honestly, I'd leave that up to the vig to decide. I just don't want to question the thieves' alignment all the way up until it's too late and mafia wins. If the claims are true, we're still looking at 5 mafia + 3 thieves + 11 town. Natty said her role PM stated that the thieves were aligned with us, Cory and Trundle - did yours as well? I'm undecided on if their claims can be fully trusted or not.

Also +1 at Tom's frustration. I feel you brother.

Until tomorrow.

n. Natty said her role PM stated that the thieves were aligned with us, Cory and Trundle - did yours as well? I'm undecided on if their claims can be fully trusted or not.

ehhh

My win condition (which I don't know if I'm supposed to say) isn't aligned with town or scum, and it's similar to how the squids were in Attack of The Ostrich. Take this how you will, lynch me or not. I won't be able to reply until 7 anyways.

Back