Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

A thought I've been forgetting to share with town: I definitely think there could be a mafia detective. I don't think that Oath was displaying any behavior that screamed (hey I could be det) and I made a huge case against him that in my opinion would have made mafia not want to kill him because he was a potential lynch target. I also think that as one somebody with a lot of history in mafia tbt he would be a good target on night zero for a mafia detective. If he wasn't on their team they would want to know what he is right away. Felorina could have been their shot in the dark and also them just silencing a player they might have been worried about by killing her right off the bat.

So I've spent about 20 minutes trying to collect all of the posts Jeremy has made and make a case on him but in doing so I have this feeling that he might not actually be mafia this time around. But I still want to call him out because I see him lurking around on the forums and even in this thread sometimes and yet he doesn't post much, and hasn't posted much lately.

Part of me thinks that out of everyone on the chopping block today, Ashtot is the prime candidate. But there have also been plenty of people who have been critical of him that I would turn my attention to if he flips green or blue.

Why am I still not making a case? ...I'm still wondering who to make it on. It's probably going to need to be small if I want it to be in time for the lynch.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dude Tom posted the list from MM2 so technically all the role names are out. Safe claims would be pretty much useless because scum could technically just pull a role name from the list. (I'm not saying I'm scum obviously)

Nah Tina seems like the kind of host who would change them around imo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Either way that's a somewhat valid point Ash.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Yui-Z I just saw you lurking the thread but you haven't posted lately. Want to call you out because I think you're also the type of person who could slip under the radar.

Lol

RIP Oath...I find his death confusing, as he was a prime suspect, nearly got lynched, so it's weird how mafia targeted him. Is it possible they have a DT to compensate for less KP?

And apparently Jeremy tends to contribute more later on in the game

Part of me thinks that Jeremy does that to establish as his playstyle in case he gets gifted with being mafia in a game. Then because it's his playstyle people will be like 'oh that's just Jer being Jer', and thus he can slip by as mafia and have an excuse for at least two days.

I have a bad feeling about Jer. I haven't seen much of anyone mentioning him at all, and I think he's faded into the mist a bit. It's an empty suspicion though, and I haven't had a chance to look through his posts just yet.

For voting tonight, I want to go for either Crystal or Cariad. I have a feeling that at least one of them (and most likely only one of them) is scum. I'm gonna re-read the past few pages to make a decision anyway but you won't get much thinking from me tonight.

I'm starting to drop my suspicions on Ash a little. On the fence, but he's not on my top suspicions anymore.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Yui-Z I just saw you lurking the thread but you haven't posted lately. Want to call you out because I think you're also the type of person who could slip under the radar.

I'm sorry. I was about to leave a placeholder in the voting thread, but then decided I'd just do some mafia right now instead. I've not been feeling great health wise, and was hoping to take a day off from thinking. But hey, here I am because voting is ending soon.

Can someone explain to me the connection between Crystal and Cariad? Yui just mentioned that either one of them is scum, and several people did before. How did you guys come to that conclusion?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry if it's been explained before. I may have missed it.

Crystal is against Cariad and wants to lynch her, although it's not exactly the other way around with Cariad.

Similarly, I think Crystal or alise could be either be scum. They both seem to be very critical of each other in this game and unless they planned to make it seem like they're disagreeing in case the other one flips scum (if they're both scum), I think one is and one isn't. Although even that might not be the case, but I think it's quite possible.

Can someone explain to me the connection between Crystal and Cariad? Yui just mentioned that either one of them is scum, and several people did before. How did you guys come to that conclusion?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry if it's been explained before. I may have missed it.
Errm.. I said I have a feeling that either one of them is scum. Not sure if anyone else said something similar, but that's just what I thought. I wouldn't bet my life on a gut feeling.

Cariad hinted at being blue and then claims to be have a blue role too. I'm going to be voting for Crystal because she's been acting scummy all the way through the game and I'm tired of overlooking things. I've mentioned her in a couple of posts before, so I'm voting for her with reason.

Errm.. I said I have a feeling that either one of them is scum. Not sure if anyone else said something similar, but that's just what I thought. I wouldn't bet my life on a gut feeling.

Cariad hinted at being blue and then claims to be have a blue role too. I'm going to be voting for Crystal because she's been acting scummy all the way through the game and I'm tired of overlooking things. I've mentioned her in a couple of posts before, so I'm voting for her with reason.

Oh yeah, well I'm pretty sure I read 2-3 posts saying something similar about Crystal/Cariad. Didn't mean to point you out but your post just sort of reminded me about it. And also Cariad just claimed townie a few pages back I believe.

@Dad well although I don't really follow that line of logic it definitely is possible. I don't think either player has the ability to lynch the other so it could all just be an act.

@Karen: It's something SP and I did in Portal as insurance (we were on the scum team together in that game).

Well I stopped posting because it was night and I didn't have much to say, and I wasn't on during day until early this morning when I was groggy. I know that oath died as a detective under suspicion and I really don't have much of a defense for that, except for the scum might have a mafia detective

I thought Dolby was the first to say this but he wasn't. Appearently 2 people have said it so far. Maybe I'm looking to far bit maybe it was decided to be said in scum chat and 3 other people (3?) I think, also posted it. Maybe it's a coincidence too. In Cell mafia II Blueleaf did that with tsundere and they were both scum.

tldr:
You are targetting easy players without your own developed reasons.
You have previously targeted people already under suspicion, again without your own developed reasons.

You're coasting by on other people's suspicions, on people that so far have been proven innocent.

##Vote: Dolby

Instead of making a huge case this is something that I just want to help Karla expand upon. Actually, on one specific point: that he has previously targeted people under suspicion without his own developed reasons. What am I (and I think he) is referring to?

I agree with Dad. Oath does seem odd, fixating on Sataric merely for mentioning the possibility of the arsonist role being used due to the lack of kills seems suspicious to me. Then you change your reason to that in past games, when kills were missing, arsonist wasn't brought up, an entirely bogus reason in my eyes and easily explainable if it's legitimate, the closed set-up

Out of anything that Dolby could have picked up on at that point in the game (pretty early on) he chooses to 'agree' with what I was saying about Oath, even though what he's actually saying here is that Oath is bogus for bringing up past games in association with the mentioning of the arsonist role. I wasn't really grilling Oath for that at that moment, I was grilling him for calling Sataric odd for that reason.

Some totally conspiracy theory stuff:

1) What if my theory about mafia having a detective is true and that they inspected Oath night zero? They'd want to try and ride in on anyone suspecting Oath over something, even though on day one that's not an easy thing to do, so I don't think it was really done by the team. But this might have been a small moment of someone on the team trying to help town think that Oath is suspicious. If the theory is true, which it probably isn't but there's this small chance that it could be.

2) Extremely meta and shallow of me to point out, but Tina assigned Dolby as mafia's coach in newbie IV out of all the other potential mafia coaches that I think could have been just as good. Assuming coach assignments weren't just random, perhaps Dolby being sly as mafia was on Tina's or perhaps Justin's mind when they were making the assignments. Ignore this though. It's meta, shallow, and total conspiracy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ugh, I can't edit it out but I probably shouldn't have brought up the coach thing for the sake of the other game. Apologies for that, Tina.

I don't think scum would need confirmation that oath was a DT for them to jump on his wagon. Chances of there being a scum dt? Low, but with seemingly only one scum kp, there must be something gimmicky at play.

Mafia DT has only been in one game on tbt so far: frozen. That being said, I don't see why it couldn't be used now that somebody has employed it in their game before.

As for voting, I'm probably going to do it last minute and I'm doing that because of what town votes. I honestly don't want Cariad to be lynched (Candlemaker is odd, but I have a theory about what blue role it could be) and I think that town is wrong about her so I might vote for Crystal in hopes that somebody else will, even though I'd prefer voting for somebody like Dolby or alise. Not much time left.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And it's probably going to look bad on me if Cariad flips scum, but again, I don't see a lie. She's dead wrong about me though, and isn't putting much effort into convincing other people about what she voted to lynch me for.

Thank god I woke up before deadline (7am here!)

I'm also extremely skeptical of Minties. I wouldn't think she would vote based on a silly case, and just like that, without much consideration. You've been giving everyone Town vibes but like I said, we should watch you, although nobody seems to agree. I find it odd that now you're voting for me.

Again the use of the word "odd", the wishy washy way of calling me scummy. You claimed AFTER I had posted and voted. I have found your behaviour this game uncharacteristic of how you were playing previously, which is why it stuck out to me. Really it was just a gut feeling, much like with Jeremy, so I didn't pursue it. Natty put a lot of what I was thinking into words. I do agree that it was rash voting because I was reading just before bed and was worried my vote wouldn't get in. I plan on analyzing your posting more in depth to cement my personal view on you when I return home because mafia could have been given safe claims. Given your responses for now, (and **** I wish we could inspect you) I'll drop it till I get home.

Yes, I'm townie.

Ok, I may as well say it now. I'm not a townie, but i am town. I am blue. I thought saying townie would save me from mafia shots.

If you're up for lynch, why would you fake claim? I mean I get saying townie as blue if everyone is mass claiming and it's night and you're trying to avoid dying. Everyone has at least a minor suspicion on you and claiming green, then backpedaling immediately just makes you look even more suspicious.

Personally, if it's a toss up between Cariad and Crystal at this point, I would rather it be Crystal. Cariad does rub me the wrong way, but if she's telling the truth about being blue, then we will have just lynched a power role. I think it would be advantageous to see what Crystal flips first (because she claimed townie), considering how hard she's gunning for Cariad to die.

also lol at Ryan88 for auto voting Cariad without posting or reading the thread.

also Alise, you need to speak up when night comes. Make a case, anything other than complaining about posting on your phone.

Thank god I woke up before deadline (7am here!)

Again the use of the word "odd", the wishy washy way of calling me scummy. You claimed AFTER I had posted and voted. I have found your behaviour this game uncharacteristic of how you were playing previously, which is why it stuck out to me. Really it was just a gut feeling, much like with Jeremy, so I didn't pursue it. Natty put a lot of what I was thinking into words. I do agree that it was rash voting because I was reading just before bed and was worried my vote wouldn't get in. I plan on analyzing your posting more in depth to cement my personal view on you when I return home because mafia could have been given safe claims. Given your responses for now, (and **** I wish we could inspect you) I'll drop it till I get home.

I actually claimed long before but you apparently weren't paying attention.

Yikes, I just realised that the timer was wrong. Day ends in 35 minutes, not an hour and 35!!

Last edited:
A little over thirty minutes. I voted for Dolby because that's my personal priority and I hope other people will look into him, but if there's not enough time and it's still the same amount of votes between Crystal and Cariad last minute, I'll toss my vote onto Crystal.

Back