• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

So does anybody have some kind of a game plan for today, or want to share their thoughts on who we should lynch?

Personally (as of right now), I feel Cariad would be a good lynch. She's been on my suspect list for a while and people have made cases that really show how much her behaviour has changed this game. Not to mention her lack of contribution.

I'd also just like to say that if people are seriously annoyed by Sataric, just get over it and play the game. If it's really that much of an inconvenience that you think you should complain about it, then don't join games he's playing in.

C r y s t a l is still giving me a scummy vibe but when I really think about it, she gives scummy vibes pretty much every game because all she does is jump on people and ask for them to be killed or accuses them of scum and wants them lynched. It's not really a good strategy imo and I think she needs to change for future games.

Alise is having a hard time with her computer but it isn't really a valid excuse, as she's on the IRC pretty much 24/7 chatting away. I'd like to hear more from you, and I know you said you'd make a case on me but there's not really any point because I'm Town. As I said earlier my name is Benjamin and I believe Tom posted the roles from MM2 so gather what you will from that (not just talking to Alise here). Thanks for making an effort.

JellofishXD, you really just pop in to say a few words over one thing that one person called you out for, but realistically people have been calling you out all game and will continue to until you're dead or you actually start contributing. From my past experiences with him, he seems to do this in most games. You don't really do anything, just pop in to say a couple words then vanish as if nothing ever happened. You say there are things going on IRL, and that happens to everyone, but you should at least try to contribute.

Dolby seems to have slipped under the radar a bit. I could be wrong but for the past little while I don't think he's come up much and I really want you to start talking more. Seeing as how oath2order died and he just happened to be the Detective makes me especially skeptical, because as many of us know, you have some kind of magic blue sniping power that you use to win games for the scum. If you don't start stepping up I feel it may not end well for you.

Minties seems Town to me, but I really think we should be keeping an eye on her because you never know.

Trundle seems weird, but it isn't just him being nice or anything. Something else seems kinda off and I still can't put my finger on it. It could be the way he's wording his posts I suppose, but I honestly have no real idea. It's more of a gut feeling but I just can't help but feel that something isn't right. I also don't recall him really responding to any of the times I've mentioned being suspicious of him, which I find strange, especially because it's me.

I honestly think that Karen is playing quite strangely. She is normally much more thoughtful and thorough in how she writes her posts, but they just seem a bit sloppy this game. I know it's her first game back but I don't see that as a real reason to disregard her being less active and posting the way she is. The Karen I knew punched scum in the face and was just a bit more aggressive in general. I feel like she is disinterested/not really trying and I think we really need to watch her.

Yui-Z, honestly, when Tom put up the MM2 role list, I thought once again about what Superpenguin shared with us before he died. I know that the logic isn't perfect, but I honestly can't stop thinking about the possibility of her being scum, even if it is just because of her role name.

Jeremy really hasn't done much other than question KarlaKGB, which I find kind of weird, but it's true that he tends to be more active later in games.

These are my thoughts on the majority of the players right now, the others have been talked about a lot and I just don't have much to say about them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You know I'm going to agree with this, and it's strange because I was about to mention Cory and how I think his claim may have been fake. Nymph seems like a weird name for something that's going to be stealing treasure etc. in this setup imo. He claimed second and he just happened to spell Thief wrong as well, which I mean a lot of people do, but still. Also, if Cory really is this Nymph, why didn't you claim earlier? I just think that some things don't really add up. "I'm bored so I'm gonna claim", doesn't really convince me. It sounds like a cover for a scum role if anything, because otherwise I think you would have claimed when Natty did, or not at all, there would really be no other reason for you to claim. The fact that you've actually been doing pretty well this game makes me even more suspicious.

@Zoey what questions did I miss?

JellofishXD
JellofishXD has done pretty much nothing so far this game, having made eight posts so far this game, none of them being exactly high quality, three of them having nothing relevant to the game being said there. She has had one suspect, C R S T Y A L merely because they pushed an inactive lynch and on day one proceeded to vote for themselve.

Being groggy headed and super sleepy, this is the best that I could pull together, but here's an interesting fact:
After reading oath's last post, you can determine that he was blocked on night zero by scum, will go more into that later

I'd like you guys to reply to my/our posts, it would be appreciated.

Also the whole Kelpie thing really explains Trundle imo.

I'd like you guys to reply to my/our posts, it would be appreciated.

Also the whole Kelpie thing really explains Trundle imo.
Well I stopped posting because it was night and I didn't have much to say, and I wasn't on during day until early this morning when I was groggy. I know that oath died as a detective under suspicion and I really don't have much of a defense for that, except for the scum might have a mafia detective

C r y s t a l is still giving me a scummy vibe but when I really think about it, she gives scummy vibes pretty much every game because all she does is jump on people and ask for them to be killed or accuses them of scum and wants them lynched. It's not really a good strategy imo and I think she needs to change for future games.
Hello hi. zthe only person I said to be killed is Cory, who ended up being 3rd Party. But hey, I play to improve.

Spotlight: Crystal

K so those who played Prin's Cell Mafia ought to remember the "spotlight" cases. Since there's clearly more than four people up for lynch at a time, don't expect me to do a case for each person. Only doing this with those I'm suspicious of and those who I think we should be wary of.

Hi. I'm Cult Leader (town)

omg I was joking, I'd never claim my role real in the start.

b-b-but Lisey is a noob....

Hmm That's an interesting choice of kills. I'll be on again with my computer to post my thoughts.

Maybe maf was blocked?

Why arsonist?

I think he's saying there might be a town rber that stopped a kill.

Just don't. It's just gonna get you lynched as being a distraction not "help" find scum.

One night you prime a person with gasoline then the next day or night you ignite them and they die. Atleast that how it is in irc maf.

Maybe scum is inactives and forgot to send in actions?

o yea were all dumb. So that brings in another variable, so i don't think the arsonist is in play.

I don't think he's inactive he just has invisible on. I think if Karla was mafia he'd send in kills not just do nothing.

uhm no. You Jellofish and Cariad are all pretty inactive.

...that's...what inactive means

Hi. If we are lynching inactives ( and if no one slips) I think we should lynch Jellofish or Ryan88. These people are non contributors.

- - - Post Merge - - -

no no lynch >:<

Hmm some people took my statement the wrong way. I'm guessing no will slip so and I'm don't want to do no lynch. These "easy lynches" are also non contributors and even some times, distractions. I was trying not bandwagon on the lynch and bring up my own ideas.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Be back at 2pm PST

Hehe back. Oath what do you mean like coach. Coach like mafia team or coach like nub mafia pls explain.

Anyways I'd like to hear what Tom Alice and Dolby has to say.

ryan88- Again like Ive been saying, doesnt really contribute much.This post makes me feel kind uneasy. Ryan usually doesn't claim unless a few people specifically tell him not too in the thread. I feel as though maybe his scummates told him not to claim.

Tom- Hasn't been posting a lot would like to hear what he has to say.
Jeremy- Quiet and hasnt made many posts. Id like to hear his thoughts on who to lynch.

you owe Ryan 10 TBT bells

Tbh I've never played with Karla is this his usual play style? Idk when Oath is scum and someone points it out he usually is more mad and sassy (see xcom mafia)

What time zone is he in?

same. Still confused as heck.

Mark is a ugly name! William is better.

Ugh Ryan you outed yourself for no reason.

yep that's true (see sunleth) But what I'm confused about is that he's not acting as trolly and weird in this game. I know a few games ago tsundere was saying how when anti-town he's not as trolly and kind of serious (portal mafia)

I'm getting those vibes too. She says it like dad got 100% earth shattering evidence and oath would be lynched. But during that time only one person voted for oath.

Place holder vote. Nattys role claim is interesting, I might get into it later.

Ugh Has everyone forgotten Sp's play style?

The person I think is most scum is Cory. I feel like Cory posts but just enough to get by. The whole Day 1 Cory has been switching votes. And much of of his posts have been spam and irrelevant. He also bandwagoned on Ryan and Sp. I suggest a vig shot or inspection.

hm. No one else is claiming mermaid any if no does ever, I think Natty may be possible Sk.

I was looking at the only game Cariad was "scum" and tbh I don't know what to say. The only thing I can find is basically coping things others had said and re-iterating it to seem like she isnt bandwagoning.

Idk, something seems off about Sat's posting. It reminds me of mount Olympus mafia. I'll see if I can pull up a few posts later.

1. I'm asking questions because when I come to post I have to catch up a few pages or so and I'm trying to see if I got all the facts correct. Sorry I'll just stop asking questions in mafia if it makes you seem "scummy"

2. It seems like your going after the easy lynches too. That post wasn't saying " YEAH GO GET THEM NOW LYNCH THEM IMMEDIANTLY" it was more of a suggestion. A lot of these most recent mafia games have ended in a no lynch. Tbh day 1 lynches aren't the easiest. To me its more of a hit or miss situation.

And someone can always provide a "truthful roleclaim" but they can just use it to manipulate people into thinking they're town.

3. Wow I never said I was suspicious of elise. I just said that I got a weird felling from that post and still want to know why she said it.

4. I think Cory's play style now and from bird mafia is a little different. I didn't vote Sp bc I honestly didn't have any suspicion on him. To me, something about Cory is just off.

- - - Post Merge - - -

O shet oops added some wrong quotes. Was replying to Minties.

maybe they are burning the ships on fire.

may I ask who you stole from?

he said Tom.

@Zoey what questions did I miss?

Not really going to commentate posts sort of like I did with the others previously, but having gathered up all of Crystal's posts it makes you think. Where did the strong, I'm trying, player go? There's really nothing of substance here, just a collection of one liners that could give Alise a run for her money. Crystal why have you seemingly stopped trying? Are you mafia trying to blend in as much as possible this game?

So far only three posts are large enough and have any real substance. Each point fingers to various players like Cory, Natty, Sataric and Cariad. Two thieves, two unknowns. You keep saying you'll post suspicions later or you'll bring up quotes from previous games, but you've yet to do that. So what are you doing Crystal?

Where is everyone? I see Dad lurking the thread, presumably making a case against someone. The rest of you who haven't given excuses for being away for the day can still post, so where are you modkills in waiting?

K so those who played Prin's Cell Mafia ought to remember the "spotlight" cases. Since there's clearly more than four people up for lynch at a time, don't expect me to do a case for each person. Only doing this with those I'm suspicious of and those who I think we should be wary of.

Not really going to commentate posts sort of like I did with the others previously, but having gathered up all of Crystal's posts it makes you think. Where did the strong, I'm trying, player go? There's really nothing of substance here, just a collection of one liners that could give Alise a run for her money. Crystal why have you seemingly stopped trying? Are you mafia trying to blend in as much as possible this game?

So far only three posts are large enough and have any real substance. Each point fingers to various players like Cory, Natty, Sataric and Cariad. Two thieves, two unknowns. You keep saying you'll post suspicions later or you'll bring up quotes from previous games, but you've yet to do that. So what are you doing Crystal?
For my suspicion on Natty and Cory can be explained. It's a completely closed setup Natty's claim could have been easily fake. Same with Cory. I noticed something was off and it was. He was just 3rd party that doesn't care to win with town or Mafia. I'm am suspicious of Cariad tho. Her play style just seems so different from her town play style. I'm always suspicious of overly town players too. Just see how well that turned out in Mount Olympus and Cell mafia II. Yes the quotes is just laziness on my part but real life happens.

20 players alive. 3 thief claims that I believe (Natty, Cory, Trundle). 1 Town Roleblocker claim that I believe (Ryan88). 1 townie that I'm 100% sure about (myself).

This leaves 15 players, 5 of which are mafia. Now, if I want to take a gamble and exclude some of the people I feel strongly about being town but of course can't be 100% sure of, I could deduct Minties from that count. Minties has addressed any of the concerns I had about her and made what is what I consider the strongest post in the game so far, but then again there's this chance that she could be really convincing and is mafia, in which case she's awesome. And shame on me for ending my analysis on her at this point since nothing else suspicious is coming up from her. Anyways, if I want to be confident about her alignment (I should at least try to be comfortable with something or I'll get nowhere and continue to suspect everybody), I can suspect that there are 14 players, 5 of which are mafia. These are the players that I will be focusing on right now. My approach today with these folks is that I'm going to be looking at the behavior that makes me unsure of their alignment, and try and find something within their posts that makes me think they're avoiding talking about something/hiding something/not expressing that extra something that they usually do.

So, the 13 people that I think could be mafia are: Alice, Dolby, Karen, JellofishXD, KarlaKGB, Sataric, Ashtot, Tom, Crystal, Cariad, Yui-Z, alise, Lauren, and Jeremy. I want to make a case on each one of these individuals before the day two/day night cycle is over and I'm potentially dead, but this will take a while. I know I should do the most suspicious first since I need to help town form an opinion on a lynch for somebody, but this is going to take a lot of effort on my part and I'd just rather do cases on who I feel like doing cases on first. I'll get to my first victim(s) soon but I wanted to put this post out there since I said I would, even though it isn't what I promised. I've been getting sidetracked today.

- - - Post Merge - - -

14 people that I think*

Thoughts, suspicions, anything? Or are you only going to "improve" in Nub Mafia?

{obviously.}
i can't right now as i got off the computer {using fams computer} buut heres mine:

crystal
lauren [shes quiet, but this is more of a gut feeling, like with karen}
karen (?)
ashtot

Hello hi. zthe only person I said to be killed is Cory, who ended up being 3rd Party. But hey, I play to improve.

This is a blatant lie in my opinion. Already on Day 1 you said:
Hi. If we are lynching inactives ( and if no one slips) I think we should lynch Jellofish or Ryan88. These people are non contributors.
And I believe that was one of the very first posts in the entire game where someone strongly suggested that another person needed to die, and for the weakest of reasons too. You didn't say that you found them scummy or anything like that - Just that you felt they did not contribute much, and it was still super early. Since I believe Ryan is town, I am very glad people did not follow suit with your idea.

Looking at the whole Crystal VS Cariad scenario, I feel that both have an higher than average chance to flip scum. And if they do, we'll start a chain reaction that will significantly improve the position that we are in. For instance, I was not too sure about Tom at first, but now he's really pushing for the Crystal lynch I feel - So when/if Crystal flips scum, that would certainly make me feel a lot better about Tom. And that's just one example out of many. We could go back and analyze the entire thread. Who else was suspicious of them early? Who stayed out of the conversations about Crystal, hoping it would blow over? We could get so much information out of just one successful lynch.

As for Cariad, whom has also been shady through-out the majority of this game, one particular thing she said in her most recent post stood out to me a lot:
I had to vote, and I didn't see anyone else. I'm really trying to improve this game, but I keep on getting called out on my difference on posts. I assure you you do not want to lynch me today.

I didn't want to mention it at first, and maybe I am reading in to it too much, but I feel this could be a soft blue-claim. She's implying that she's important, at least, and maybe that she has an action that she has not yet used. (Vigilante?) That makes it incredibly risky to go for her first. BUT it could also mean that she has a scum power that only has a limited amount of uses, like a mass-kill-strike. Or that she's an arsonist (Yes, still not ruling that out..). And if that is the case, she's wanting to buy herself one more day so that she can use this power to do harm to us before she ends up lynched. That makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.

This is a blatant lie in my opinion. Already on Day 1 you said:

And I believe that was one of the very first posts in the entire game where someone strongly suggested that another person needed to die, and for the weakest of reasons too. You didn't say that you found them scummy or anything like that - Just that you felt they did not contribute much, and it was still super early. Since I believe Ryan is town, I am very glad people did not follow suit with your idea.

Looking at the whole Crystal VS Cariad scenario, I feel that both have an higher than average chance to flip scum. And if they do, we'll start a chain reaction that will significantly improve the position that we are in. For instance, I was not too sure about Tom at first, but now he's really pushing for the Crystal lynch I feel - So when/if Crystal flips scum, that would certainly make me feel a lot better about Tom. And that's just one example out of many. We could go back and analyze the entire thread. Who else was suspicious of them early? Who stayed out of the conversations about Crystal, hoping it would blow over? We could get so much information out of just one successful lynch.

As for Cariad, whom has also been shady through-out the majority of this game, one particular thing she said in her most recent post stood out to me a lot:

I didn't want to mention it at first, and maybe I am reading in to it too much, but I feel this could be a soft blue-claim. She's implying that she's important, at least, and maybe that she has an action that she has not yet used. (Vigilante?) That makes it incredibly risky to go for her first. BUT it could also mean that she has a scum power that only has a limited amount of uses, like a mass-kill-strike. Or that she's an arsonist (Yes, still not ruling that out..). And if that is the case, she's wanting to buy herself one more day so that she can use this power to do harm to us before she ends up lynched. That makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable.
I will try to defend myself to the best I can. If I do happen to get lynched and flip townie, I'd appreciate all town players to look at who I'm suspicious of. There is no "if or when" I flip scum, I will not. Why? Its not rocket science, I am town.

I will try to defend myself to the best I can. If I do happen to get lynched and flip townie, I'd appreciate all town players to look at who I'm suspicious of. There is no "if or when" I flip scum, I will not. Why? Its not rocket science, I am town.

Then as town why are you not trying harder? You spent time working on posts in previous games as town and tried keeping that up when you were scum, but this game you've kind of slipped until accused.

I agree with Tom, Crystal appears to be slipping severely this game, their posts seem to be more of an attempt to blend in without slipping up or potentially harming their fellow scummates, plus the lack of something that could even be considered a defense despite posting makes me more suspicious along with pushing already suspected players while bringing up nothing new. I'm voting for Crystal.

Hmm actually, I just want to reduce my list and get some people out of the way that I think are town and one that I don't want to risk lynching right now.

Cariad

Cariad is the one I don't want to risk lynching right now because of what Sataric pointed out. I got softclaim vibes from that too, and tbh I think anybody would. Which isn't good for her either way because people already seem to want to lynch her and that could just be her means of trying not to get lynched but at the same time that's how she can say 'hey guys I'm actually claiming to be a useful blue role so don't lynch be and doc protect me because mafia will go after me'. But then I feel like this is what could be going on. I find it peculiar that she gave a response to everything in minties' post against her except the part where she criticized her for the reaction she had to me saying I was reaction testing. And that seemed like a slip but then again it could have been an honest mistake. I'm against lynching her right now but I want to get not wanting to lynch her out of the way.

Other players I think are probably town:

KarlaKGB: Seemed kind of quiet and scummy towards the beginning of the game (it was just a vibe), but then he picked up pace in the middle of the game and started making productive and logical posts that just made him seem like town. He's quieted down, but he gave a reason as to why (flying somewhere). I don't want to lynch KarlaKGB.

C R Y S T A L: I'm looking into all of the responses she has given to people and I think that she isn't scum, because when people have criticized her similarly in past games she responded in the same way. This is a very difficult thing to point out and put on display through quotes in stuff, it's just a...read.

Sataric: see my last list post for some reasons why I think he's town and why I think that he shouldn't be lynched. However, in deeming him one of my 'town-likes' I risk letting scum get by. He could have been using this kallie thing to throw us all off but then at the same time my other theory about it makes him feel too important to lynch.

Karen: It's difficult to get a great read on this person because as I've stated before, I have not played a game with her before. But the things that she is pointing out (Such as the point about Alice only pointing out 'facts') makes me think she's a townie trying to figure out the game like I am.

I probably shouldn't have promised a grand amount of postage because I'm starting to get a really crappy headache but maybe tomorrow I'll be feeling better. I definitely want to make posts on Alice, Jeremy, Ashtot, Lauren, and JellofishXD. The prime suspects in the remaining players I haven't talked about yet. The others being Yui-Z, Dolby, Tom (ugh odd vibes from him too), alise, and anyone I'm forgetting about.

Okay, just because I'm third party doesn't mean I am going to sit back and do nothing. I still would prefer to win alongside town. c:
I was gonna make a post listing my thoughts of everyone but I decided to only talk about who I find to be very suspicious.

Ashtot.

Something seems off about him this game to me. Looking through his posts, I find it strange how many people he voted for and thought should be lynched. He starts with a vote on SP

This is extremely compelling... I think I'm actually going to switch and vote for Yui-Z.

Then he changes to Yui-Z.

Honestly I feel like we're better of lynching Karen or Alise because Alise isn't really doing anything and neither is Karen.

Then he says Alise or Kaden should be lynched.

That's a really good post Lauren. I'm switching my vote to Ryan88 for the time being.

Now he goes to Ryan88? Wtf.

If you look at Sp's reasoning it's pretty solid.

Well my opinion is that we should lynch an inactive. I don't think the risk of lynching an active Town player is worth it.

I think we have four options right now:

Tom - Strong if he's Town aligned but hasn't really done anything and his posts have been sloppy as heck.
Cariad - Posted nothing useful and is just bandwagoning on Superpenguin.
Alise - Is at least somewhat making an attempt with her crappy computer.
Karen - Seem extremely lazy and disinterested. Isn't making a real effort to contribute.

Then he ultimately changes back to SP. He agrees with SP about Yui, and thinks his reasoning is solid. Ash even says he doesn't think it's worth lynching an active town player was worth it - yet he changes back to Sp without giving any reason?

The one thing I notice about Ash as scum is that he kind of gets mad about being accused (or overly defensive), so I checked back through some past games where he was scum to compare with how he's acting now. (For reference, post 954 & post 998) In Faithful June, when Ashtot was accused of not contributing much, guess what he did? He got mad, accusing Oath of being less useful and claimed he himself was in fact contributing and acting very pro town. Does that sound familiar? Probably because something similar just happened in this game.

You know, at least I'm questioning people unlike you, who can't seem to make up their mind and honestly looks pretty damn scummy.

Yes because you clearly didn't just tell me that I'm acting scummy.

And are you being freaking serious Oath? What the heck have you even done to contribute? All you've done is question Sataric over something stupid as heck and that really didn't matter. Trundle has at least done something to contribute. You say he's giving us nothing? How about you DO SOMETHING.

I mean, it's almost the same. First he defends himself and then his brother. He usually defends his brother, but you have to admit that it is interesting how similar his replies have been to when he was scum. The way he's replied this game is essentially the same as the way he did from Faithful June; Gets mad that he was accused of not contributing much, throws Oath under the bus, defends his brother and continues to assert Oath wasn't doing squat. Here's some other examples from how he has reacted as scum: Here, here. In Sunleth Waterson Mafia, Ashtot in one day voted for the following people in this order: Prin, MewMewMewm, JelloFishXD, Superpenguin, back to Prin and finally Ryan88. Need I mention how many people he's voted for in this game?

Ashtot has only been scum 3 times out of the 20 games he's been in so far, and I think the way he's been this game is exceptionally similar to the way he acted as scum. To further my point, I decided to check through some games where he was town for comparison. I can't be bothered to bring up more posts because I've worked on this for almost 1:30 minutes, but I looked through the more recent games (Portal mafia, XCOM mafia, and then there were none). All of you can look through those games yourselves, but he definitely behaved differently in those games. Like, when he was accused of something or people said they were suspicious of him, he was a lot calmer than as scum.

You know I'm going to agree with this, and it's strange because I was about to mention Cory and how I think his claim may have been fake. Nymph seems like a weird name for something that's going to be stealing treasure etc. in this setup imo. He claimed second and he just happened to spell Thief wrong as well, which I mean a lot of people do, but still. Also, if Cory really is this Nymph, why didn't you claim earlier? I just think that some things don't really add up. "I'm bored so I'm gonna claim", doesn't really convince me. It sounds like a cover for a scum role if anything, because otherwise I think you would have claimed when Natty did, or not at all, there would really be no other reason for you to claim. The fact that you've actually been doing pretty well this game makes me even more suspicious.

Finally, we have this. I think the above is absolutely ridiculous. He jumps with Karla in the ridiculous idea that simply because we misspelled the word, that somehow makes our claim doubtful. Seriously? And then he says Nymph doesn't seem like something that would be in this game. Lol. I'm a mermaid, Trundle is a kelpie. Both of those are mythological creatures, so Cory being a nymph isn't exactly that weird. I think third parties with harmless win conditions are prime targets for mafia to make appear suspicious, especially in a closed setup like this because 1) we can't prove we are actually third parties unless we are inspected and 2) it would be relatively easy to instill doubt into people's minds because of reason 1.

So yeah, I find Ashtot incredibly suspicious. I spent 2 hours on this altogether so if someone says I haven't put any effort into the game at all I will flip a table.

Back