• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

Wait why are you voting for Karla?

facepalm.jpg

Can you just...go back and read.

It's kinda obvious that Karla will just say that he was roleblocked, because despite being an apparently popular player trying to deny Ryan's claims wouldn't work. At least I hope town isn't silly enough to just take a 'stronger' player's word for it. :|

But Nick we can't make assumptions because we don't know how KP works. I won't lie, you're right about it.

But Nick we can't make assumptions because we don't know how KP works. I won't lie, you're right about it.

You're right, let's look at the facts then.

~*~One Kill successfully happened
~*~No one is known to be protected or have lost a life
~*~Ryan blocked Karla
~*~No other roleblock claims

I say it's a pretty good chance Karla is mafia.

The only reaosn none of you are voting for Karla right now is because it's Ryan and then it's Karla. If Karla said he blocked Ryan, BAM! Ryan would be lynched in seconds, and it should be the same the other way around. I am voting for Karla.

This is true, actually. However, it would still be in our best interest to wait and see what Karla has to say before we place our votes, surely? There's still plenty of time left - Around 18 hours.

~*~Ryan blocked Karla

I understand but isn't that a really big risk?

This is true, actually. However, it would still be in our best interest to wait and see what Karla has to say before we place our votes, surely? There's still plenty of time left - Around 18 hours.

It's plurality lynching, so there is no harm in at least voting now in case a boulder crushed your house tomorrow morning.

I understand but isn't that a really big risk?

It's pretty cut and dry, so no.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And another thing about this is that scum usually can have the same player send in all the KP, so Karla could've potentially sent in all the KP, and Feloreena was the SK's kill.

My only concern is why wouldn't Karla have just claimed to be protected if he were scum?

Perhaps it was because he knew a doctor probably truly did protect him and that doctor would instantly out him as scum considering that doctor wouldn't have received a protection successful notice. Or maybe he just didn't want to take the chance on whether or not victims are told when successfully protected this game.

~*~Ryan blocked Karla

I can't say I would normally jump on something like this, but at the moment it is looking quite convincing, not to mention how differently Karla has been posting. You can't just blame something like that on the new rule and taking the break like you did. I'm going to wait until morning before I do anything else. Obviously, Karla needs to reply first.

And another thing about this is that scum usually can have the same player send in all the KP, so Karla could've potentially sent in all the KP, and Feloreena was the SK's kill.

My only concern is why wouldn't Karla have just claimed to be protected if he were scum?

Perhaps it was because he knew a doctor probably truly did protect him and that doctor would instantly out him as scum considering that doctor wouldn't have received a protection successful notice. Or maybe he just didn't want to take the chance on whether or not victims are told when successfully protected this game.

Cause people will probably skip over it. :}

Well, this is all very interesting

I think that we should wait for Karla's response to Ryan's town role blocked claim before deciding anything, I do find Karla suspicious after there being only one kill and no protection claims, but let's say that mafia had a fixed one kp maybe and they decided to send out Ryan with a fake claim out to try and get rid of a major threat. I think that Ryan has never been scum before and he's generally viewed as a easy lynch canadite, so he's bound to be lynched or make a major slip-up sooner or later. So as scum, why not have him try to take out the strongest threat possible, far-fetched, I know, I personally find this highly unlikely but I don't what to take out a potentially highly useful player. I'll wait until Karla's response to Ryan's claim before I vote

- - - Post Merge - - -

*role blocker

Just think if you don't lynch Karla today...all that laughing you'll have to deal with coming from him saying it was so obviously him, but you were all fools. You'd have to deal with that laughter for months and months non-stop, so why not just lynch him and show him he sucks at being scum. :rolleyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

That incessant laughter*

Just think if you don't lynch Karla today...all that laughing you'll have to deal with coming from him saying it was so obviously him, but you were all fools. You'd have to deal with that laughter for months and months non-stop, so why not just lynch him and show him he sucks at being scum. :rolleyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

That incessant laughter*

Can we just bring this little quote from Karla back into the light, please?

This was posted AFTER Night had ended, so notice how he wants to stress how mafia KP is "traditionally" unable to be blocked. However, no one has come forward with protections or veteran hits, and I doubt KP would've been stacked on Feloreena (a Serial Killer and Mafia could've both targeted her, but still).

The only reaosn none of you are voting for Karla right now is because it's Ryan and then it's Karla. If Karla said he blocked Ryan, BAM! Ryan would be lynched in seconds, and it should be the same the other way around. I am voting for Karla.

Actually, you're right SP. Despite how I thought Ryan could possibly be making this up, the more I've thought about, the more I believe his claim. I completely glossed over that post you brought up that was Karla mentioning something about roleblock and kills. It does seem awfully coincidental that he said that, while possibly having been blocked. Plus I already had thought Karla was acting strangely to what I remember him playing like as town. I had already said something earlier in the game about that, and even though Karla did start posting more, I still had/have a feeling about him. I will send my vote in for him, slightly placeholder-isn and slightly official. I have work tomorrow, which will be from 12-7 PM and day will end at 5, so yeah. :< (Also in case a boulder crushes my house.)

Before I read the rest of the posts, I'd like to address this roleblocker thing.

First of all, ryan ur an idiot for roleclaiming this early off of something as weak as that. It's not like you're a cop and you found mafia (still pretty dumb to claim in that situation). You've doomed yourself, and you've put me, a Townie under suspicion. I don't know if you actually roleblocked me or not, but I had no action last night. In the majority of games that I have hosted/played in, roleblocks do not prevent factional kills (ie. scum kp and sk kills). I've little reason to believe it's different this game, unless Tina is being a doofus.

A summation of the facts from my perspective:
1. I am a vanilla townie
2. I received no notifications last night

- - - Post Merge - - -

- - - Post Merge - - -

That incessant laughter*

Yes, let's lynch someone to avoid potential embarassment later, solid game plan.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Can we just bring this little quote from Karla back into the light, please?

This was posted AFTER Night had ended, so notice how he wants to stress how mafia KP is "traditionally" unable to be blocked. However, no one has come forward with protections or veteran hits, and I doubt KP would've been stacked on Feloreena (a Serial Killer and Mafia could've both targeted her, but still).

I made that post in response to this.

I think he's saying there might be a town rber that stopped a kill.

I'm voting for Natty, as she was the second person to vote for me, with wishywashy reasoning in her posts. Let's look at them:

Oh. Well that's certainly interesting... I'd like to see what Karla has to say. I'll be wondering about Ryan's claim. If Ryan claims to be a roleblocker, is it possible that he could be a mafia aligned roleblocker, not blue? Because we were talking earlier on in the day about the possibility of there being a town roleblocker, and I feel like that is something mafia could use to their advantage by having a mafia roleblocker (if there even is one) claim to be a town-aligned blocker. And unlike Dad, I can see Ryan88 being told (or greatly influenced) about what to say or do by a smarter player. But I might be reading into his claim too much, because like Dad said, he has been truthful so far with all his claims.

However, the way Karla replies to this will influence my opinion.
I don't understand her line of thought in this post. Why is she considering the possibility that ryan is a scum roleblocker? You don't need to be an actual scumblocker to claim you roleblocked someone in order to frame them. If you're a scumblocker, exposing yourself like this isn't helpful. Usually you get a goon to frontline these sort of plays while keeping the real scumblocker safe and hidden.

Actually, you're right SP. Despite how I thought Ryan could possibly be making this up, the more I've thought about, the more I believe his claim. I completely glossed over that post you brought up that was Karla mentioning something about roleblock and kills. It does seem awfully coincidental that he said that, while possibly having been blocked. Plus I already had thought Karla was acting strangely to what I remember him playing like as town. I had already said something earlier in the game about that, and even though Karla did start posting more, I still had/have a feeling about him. I will send my vote in for him, slightly placeholder-isn and slightly official. I have work tomorrow, which will be from 12-7 PM and day will end at 5, so yeah. :< (Also in case a boulder crushes my house.)
Again, you're going back and forth with this post. You never talk in certain terms, speaking about how ryan could possibly be making this up, and how I could possibly have been blocked. And your vote for me, you stress, is "slightly placeholder-ish and slightly official" (could you be any more wishywashy than this). You either think ryan is telling the truth, or I'm telling the truth.

Unless, and why has nobody considered this, ryan and I are both telling the truth. But that doesn't matter to you, because you already know that, right? And it doesn't matter whose side you take here, you know we're both innocent, and you would be happy to lynch either one of us. Hence why you haven't firmly settled in one particular camp.

As for your posting in the rest of the thread, you never bring anything to the table. You make the easy jab at alise for being inactive. In fact a substantial number of your posts are activity related:
Activity has to do with how much you're posting and contributing to the discussion at hand, not just refreshing the page to view it.
Well. Atleast you're posting now :)
I would add JelloFish to that list, but they're in Australia (?) so that explains why they haven't posted yet. I'd like to see everyone from that list start posting! Someone who does seem relatively inactive to me compared to usual is Karla. Yes, he's posted a couple times, but that's all. It's been a while since I've played with Karla, but I recall he was usually more talkative. But he is in the UK, and it's around 5 AM there (I think) so that may be limiting his activity. Before everyone gets bat**** crey because I'm pointing something out about "the king", I'm merely stating an observation about Karla, nothing more.

Based on the past couple games with Jeremy, he does tend to start posting more actively like 2 days into the game.
I don't know if that post is directed at me or everyone in general, but it said I'd like for all the people that haven't said much to start posting.
Which makes this following post even funnier:
I really don't have anything to add to the discussion right now. The only thing is I agree with people about Alise. It's almost annoying she's been soo active in the IRC and has posted almost nothing. Sometimes I want to coax her to post but I probably shouldn't because no outside communication rule. ;_;
Nice, ask everyone else to start posting, then admit you have nothing to add yourself. Protip: posts telling people to post are not posts. Anyone can make a post listing inactive people, it doesn't show anything. Rather I view it as someone trying to be seen as active, without actually contributing.

I suppose that's possible- but there's many other variables, such as: doctors protected some of the targeted players, mafia KP could be 1 for some strange reason, or they could have a point system similar to HP mafia like Dolby pointed out. There's also the possibility mafia withheld some kills, but that's highly doubtful~

I agree with Oath, Sataric, I don't know you are so set on the arsonist. But w/e, you could be right. Btw, I see you viewing the thread, Karen. :)
You list out why some kills were prevented: doctors, mafia kp of 1, a mafia point system, withholding kills, but I note that you don't count the possibility that a roleblocker prevented a kill here. Why is that? Is it because you also know that roleblocks don't usually prevent kills?

I guess the only good thing that could come of our roleblocker being in the open on a misguided attempt to find scum, is that it'll be easy to see who are the opportunistic scum waiting to jump on this ****ty lynchwagon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's kinda obvious that Karla will just say that he was roleblocked, because despite being an apparently popular player trying to deny Ryan's claims wouldn't work. At least I hope town isn't silly enough to just take a 'stronger' player's word for it. :|

I'm getting pretty sick of this pedestal that people are putting me on. Why is it obvious that I will say I was roleblocked? You've already decided in your mind that I'm scum and was successfully roleblocked last night? I have no reason to deny Ryan's claims, because I don't actually know if he blocked me or not. The only thing I deny is that his roleblocking of me proves that I'm scum, and it should be apparent to anyone why this is the case.
It's amusing everyone thinks there are only two possibilities, that either I'm lying, or Ryan is lying. Get your **** together because if this is the best logical reasoning town can come up with then scum have an easy win ahead of them.

Why is everyone riding my ass for not posting a big wall of text?

Trust me, it happens when you first come back. Everyone gave me crap for not posting big walls, it's just something you gotta deal with.

As I said, it was open observation. Also, what do you mean by bland?

I really don't have anything to add to the discussion right now. The only thing is I agree with people about Alise. It's almost annoying she's been soo active in the IRC and has posted almost nothing. Sometimes I want to coax her to post but I probably shouldn't because no outside communication rule. ;_;

I meant bland as in you're staying neutral. You are posting, but it's basically full of nothing. It's like enough for us to remember you posted, but not enough to ruffle any feathers. You're not bringing anything up, but complaining about inactives. It boggles my mind. I remember you trying significantly more in games.

You guys are urging me to do this.

i'm a Town Roleblocker! I roleblocked ]KarlaKGB] so i think i roleblocked scum because there was only 1 kill.

People were not URGING you to roleclaim. Dad mentioned if you were a DT that had inspected Karla to tell us. You essentially just made your role pretty useless because now you just put a giant target on your forehead for mafia to shoot. I have never really heard of an entire faction's kills being blocked by a roleblocker. That seems WAY too overpowered in town's favour? Although it's a closed set up and Tina could have made crazy roles.

My role name is not just a random name.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't block someone two nights in a row

- - - Post Merge - - -

Should I say my role name? Mostly it's just random names

- - - Post Merge - - -

So I don't this mafia can figure out other blue roles if I say it

I think that the role names are mostly people from the IRC's real names. People in the IRC wouldn't really know them, but that's how I figured Tina did it. (Fel was Kayla etc)

Time for bed, will check back in the AM to see how discussion has gone.

You guys are urging me to do this.

i'm a Town Roleblocker! I roleblocked ]KarlaKGB] so i think i roleblocked scum because there was only 1 kill.

Stop role claiming so early in the game. Seriously, this is ridiculous now. You might have done some good for once but now if you're right mafia will come for you. Urgh.

Hi. Yeah I wanted to post something sooner, but Comcast is a **** so my internet's been in and out for the majority of the day. Not feeling like typing up posts on my phone at all today as I'm sure anyone who's been in the IRC at all today can vouch for (to be honest I'd rather be sleeping, something I haven't been doing much of).

Been reviewing the thread to try and churn something out, but to be honest I'm not getting much in the way of early games leads, gut feelings or noticing anything that appears to be a slip up to me. Things that stood out to me the most was Sataric v Oath about the possibility of an Arsonist type role and then Lauren v KarlaKGB over posting. Not going to beat the Arsonist discussion to death again, pretty sure Dad and a few others covered that well enough but not enough to actually sell me on the idea that Oath2order is third party or mafia. Lauren and Karla though... I dunno, despite just wanted to skip through those pages like nobody's business, I do find it interesting how both reacted. Lauren seemed insulted Karla wasn't posting the big walls of text that he's been known for as town usually, Karla seemed insulted that he's required to make large post walls. I'd keep an eye on both, as if I remember correctly when Karla didn't at least post some big post or the posts weren't that informative/helpful he usually flipped scum.

As for Ryan I'm not expecting much. Still interested in knowing what's so important about Karla that he FEELS the need to claim (willing to bet 10 TBT Bells its over nothing), but whatever.

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh that's what i get for delaying posting a finished post rip

Insulted? What no? I wasn't I thought it was odd he wasn't playing as he normally does but I as i said in my post i out it down to our time zone as it was like 11am when he posted, as did I.

I wasn't aware Tom was looking to lynch Sat. I was more referring to how Karla was under a bit of suspicion. And now this Kallie thing got brought up

I revoked my suspicion on Karla, as it had no grounds, and I shouldn't have even used the word suspicion really.

Nearly forgot to reply to Ashtot's post:

Ashtot said:
Cory hasn't really been doing "mindless posting" this game. He's actually making a good effort.

I agree that he has improved from previous games, but before I made this post, his posts were mainly one-liners. It was merely an observation about him so far. I think he has already picked up his playstyle significantly since me posting my list. I'm impressed.

I think people are grilling Karla without any real reason. It's day 1 so I don't know what exactly everyone expects, he may be good, but he isn't some kind of mystic fairy princess that has x-ray vision and can use his laser eyes to kill scum during the day. If anything people should be looking at Lauren for being contradictory.

Karla's sudden quiet behavior just seemed weird to me. I don't really see Karla as the GOD OF MAFIA personally, I think he's a good player, but I think there are a few good players in this game as well. Although now he has sort of returned in full force, so I will need to see how this progresses. (I tend to look at behavioural changes a lot)

I suppose you share the same opinion as Superpenguin seeing this comment and the fact that you didn't mention much about him.

No lynches are completely useless and honestly I don't see why C r y s t a l shouldn't bring that up. I would have brought it up except we had quite a bit of time to talk so I figured I'd leave it until later. She tends to copy what others say and post whatever makes her seem Town, although I find it doesn't always work in her favour. She always seems to quick to jump on any mention of scum.

I don't really agree with a no lynch, I think that hurts us more than helps us. You have played with me in MANY games and I've never really been incredibly in favour of a no lynch. Quite the contrary, I've rallied against it. The past few games however have been us lynching noob after noob and they ALWAYS flip townie. That was my reasoning for being against lynching a noob day one. As much as I dislike Ryan, I would rather we didn't make him or alise a default day one lynch.

Kinda confused because I thought Yui was actually posting a decent amount at least, I could be wrong, but she has definitely contributed.

When I posted that, Yui only had one real post and it was commenting on Trundle's theory that scum would be posting more than usual. Yui has posted significantly more than that and she doesn't seem suspicious to me currently.

I know she's been in IRC and probably viewing the thread, so not sure why she hasn't posted much. To be honest, this strikes me as odd because she generally at least tries to contribute.

alise frustrates me because she doesn't really try in forum mafia. She usually claims that she forgets to post. It becomes seriously problematic because we always have to worry if she's scum or town and I hate it.

My replies in bold.

- - - Post Merge - - -

**** no post merge.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also the big about alise was supposed to be in the quote. God I need sleep.

- - - Post Merge - - -

bit*

Back