• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

Well, it's hard to read into Sataric, at least for me. So it's hard to make any definitive statements, but it did look to be as if he was trying to avoid discussing the mafia team.

That was not my intention at all - I just wanted to point out that we should be on our guard and that anything is possible in a closed set-up. It was just a theory, but as Trundle said it doesn't really matter right now; The various possibilities behind the missing kills has been put into everyone's mind by now and we should focus on making the most we can out of this day phase, and find scum. Getting a discussion going about this did allow us all to get better reads on everyone participating in the conversations - You and me included, obviously. But it shouldn't consume all of the daytime we have to work with. At the end of the day it would be really easy for scum to bandwagon on either one of us if we're not careful, if noone else would be discussed.

Notice how many players that are just sitting back silently without posting anything. There's constantly a lot of people viewing the thread. And some of the people that are normally much more vocal as town isn't saying very much right now. (Jeremy, Alice, and to some extent Yui Z comes to mind right away..) - We really need to try and get better reads on as many people as possible so that we can figure out where everybody stands. Right now I find the non-talkers the most scummy.

I'm not saying he was 100% oh my god guaranteed avoiding discussing the mafia team, I'm saying it looked like he was.

As of right now, I'd consider the following inactive:
  • Alice (wait she's playing?)
  • Karen (probably getting back into the swing of the game)
  • Cariad (iirc she's in Tina's time zone so it's about 4AM for her, so I'm not concerned about her right now)
  • Minties (should be on soon to hear her thoughts, not a concern right now)
  • alise (where are you)
  • Jeremy

I would add JelloFish to that list, but they're in Australia (?) so that explains why they haven't posted yet. I'd like to see everyone from that list start posting! Someone who does seem relatively inactive to me compared to usual is Karla. Yes, he's posted a couple times, but that's all. It's been a while since I've played with Karla, but I recall he was usually more talkative. But he is in the UK, and it's around 5 AM there (I think) so that may be limiting his activity. Before everyone gets bat**** crey because I'm pointing something out about "the king", I'm merely stating an observation about Karla, nothing more.

Notice how many players that are just sitting back silently without posting anything. (Jeremy

Based on the past couple games with Jeremy, he does tend to start posting more actively like 2 days into the game.

Yeah lets lynch an 'inactive', most of the time a weaker or meek player who just doesn't post much because they don't put forth the effort to read into the game and end up not being scum after lynched. Happens every frigging time I stg.

Calling out inactive people is fine but get more specific if you can. Call them out on anything you can call them out on. Get them discussing and make it so that there is something to read into regarding that person. Right now I'm not going there yet with some of those listed because this is a 48 hour day and I want to see those from other timezones post something when they get around to it before joining any 'propose a lynch on an inactive' crusades.

Of course we could start calling out some people in our timezone and await the rl excuses train to arrive.

Yeah lets lynch an 'inactive', most of the time a weaker or meek player who just doesn't post much because they don't put forth the effort to read into the game and end up not being scum after lynched. Happens every frigging time I stg.

Calling out inactive people is fine but get more specific if you can. Call them out on anything you can call them out on. Get them discussing and make it so that there is something to read into regarding that person. Right now I'm not going there yet with some of those listed because this is a 48 hour day and I want to see those from other timezones post something when they get around to it before joining any 'propose a lynch on an inactive' crusades.

Of course we could start calling out some people in our timezone and await the rl excuses train to arrive.

I don't know if that post is directed at me or everyone in general, but it said I'd like for all the people that haven't said much to start posting.

I don't know if that post is directed at me or everyone in general, but it said I'd like for all the people that haven't said much to start posting.

Eh, the thread is just headed in that direction (I can tell) so the post was just a blanket statement.

Eh, the thread is just headed in that direction (I can tell) so the post was just a blanket statement.

Because if someone is actually inactive without a reason and we have nothing else to go off of then there is no reason not to lynch them.

Hi. If we are lynching inactives ( and if no one slips) I think we should lynch Jellofish or Ryan88. These people are non contributors.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Except we have the option to no lynch.
no no lynch >:<

I'm not saying he was 100% oh my god guaranteed avoiding discussing the mafia team, I'm saying it looked like he was.

As of right now, I'd consider the following inactive:
  • Alice (wait she's playing?)
  • Karen (probably getting back into the swing of the game)
  • Cariad (iirc she's in Tina's time zone so it's about 4AM for her, so I'm not concerned about her right now)
  • Minties (should be on soon to hear her thoughts, not a concern right now)
  • alise (where are you)
  • Jeremy

Hi Oath

One kill? Assuming 3KP + 1 third party killer role, there's still a kill missing. Even without the third party role it's a HUGE coincidence that the docs saved the right people.

This makes me believe that perhaps mafia has less KP than we think. Is it possible that somehow mafia have more actions in compensation for a lower KP? It would make sense if that were the case. 5 scum, and maybe only 2KP? It would make more sense if that were the case in both scenarios (with or without third party killer).

My opinion.

Sataric -- why did you come up with Arsonist? As far as I know, there a bunch of other third party roles other than the usual SK but you bought up this role in particular. I mean, it could definitely be a possibility but tt does seem sort of odd.

Except we have the option to no lynch.

Which is completely useless.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi Oath

My opinion.

Sataric -- why did you come up with Arsonist? As far as I know, there a bunch of other third party roles other than the usual SK but you bought up this role in particular. I mean, it could definitely be a possibility but tt does seem sort of odd.

You're like 10 pages behind, also we stopped talking about it. :p

Well, a bunch of people still haven't posted yet so I'm going to give it some time. For now though...

Ryan88 has been distracting so far and literally admitted he was inactive, and Sataric's fluff in his posts always annoys me

What do you mean with the "there is no KP" thing - Could you elaborate on that briefly?

Anyways, If you find me suspicious, feel free to grill me - I have nothing to hide and will answer any questions I can without revealing too much about my role. In fact, I would be happy to be of service, because if you - Who is considered a strong player by almost everyone in this game - Finds me suspect, then that might make our investigative roles waste their night actions on checking up on me. Which in turn would be a waste of time and distract them from finding scum.

Feloreena is indeed the person I know the best in this game and if I was scum there's no way I'd ever kill her first (Check my previous games if you don't want to take my word for it..) seeing as I can normally get a very good read on her from her posts. I've been evil roles in many games that she's been in before and not once have I killed her first, or even particularly early.

but if I remember correctly he did something good in a past mafia game while I was gone (not too sure about that?), so right now I'm leaning more towards ryan and any other people that don't post by tomorrow.

My day 1 thoughts so far:

I wouldn't say kills are missing like a lot of you have said. We don't know what the KP is. It could be 1. Mafia had 1 KP throughout the whole game in Karla's Pleasure Cruise game. It could also be 1 just for Night 0. Who knows.

The one thing that stood out to me so far is when Sataric said he wouldn't kill Feloreena on night 0, but then oath posted examples of Sataric's strategy in past games where he wanted to kill Feloreena as soon as possible. So there's a bit of a contradiction there.

The one thing that stood out to me so far is when Sataric said he wouldn't kill Feloreena on night 0, but then oath posted examples of Sataric's strategy in past games where he wanted to kill Feloreena as soon as possible. So there's a bit of a contradiction there.

Oath was partly wrong, though - In PoI I did die on night 1 (by the other Mafia team) but there was no plans on killing Feloreena as far as I can remember. In the Mount Olympus game, me and Feloreena were on the same scum team. But in the Gunsmith Mafia, which is the one and only time I've ever killed Feloreena, she was the LAST kill of the game - That was the kill that ended the round, and won the game. It doesn't get any more delayed than that.

Hi. If we are lynching inactives ( and if no one slips) I think we should lynch Jellofish or Ryan88. These people are non contributors.

- - - Post Merge - - -

no no lynch >:<

I find this incredibly scummy somehow. Sure, Ryan and JelloFish may not have contributed a ton to the game so far, but the day is far from over and we have tons of time to keep the discussions ongoing still. To throw these names out there as some sort of a "Let's settle for these guys, they're not so active anyways" just seems like you want us to mislynch them and get no information out of it either. You don't even seem to think they're Mafia. If you are town, killing someone else you think is town isn't exactly the best strategy..

Oath was partly wrong, though - In PoI I did die on night 1 (by the other Mafia team) but there was no plans on killing Feloreena as far as I can remember. In the Mount Olympus game, me and Feloreena were on the same scum team. But in the Gunsmith Mafia, which is the one and only time I've ever killed Feloreena, she was the LAST kill of the game - That was the kill that ended the round, and won the game. It doesn't get any more delayed than that.

But, considering those last actions, you could use that to hide :rolleyes:

I'm not really sure about an arsonist, it doesn't really seem like it'd be in the game tbh. maybe a serial killer (ooh British navy as sk lol) but we don't know.

I also think that Sataric is scum, to me he sounds like he is trying too hard to seem town. It's like a fake smile you put on. He just gives me that vibe.

With the KP I reckon we just have good doctors. It just seems most likely to me, and if there are 2 doctors then that's enough to protect two kills and maybe the mafia roleblocker blocked the serial killer (just a guess)

Sorry I checked yesterday in my time but it was just nonsense so I didn't have any thoughts I'm catching up now :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really have nothing other then everything everyone else has already said and if I said it I'd be called out for bandwagoning. I haven't read through everything but enough to know that C R Y S T A L is being like lunch te inactives they don't contribute but id really like to know what you've contributed (unless you get angry at me :()
I'm gonna wait longer to see if anyone acts sus

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really have nothing other then everything everyone else has already said and if I said it I'd be called out for bandwagoning. I haven't read through everything but enough to know that C R Y S T A L is being like lunch te inactives they don't contribute but id really like to know what you've contributed (unless you get angry at me :()
I'm gonna wait longer to see if anyone acts sus

Back