• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

wow going clubbing at your tender age?
Good try, but you guessed wrong. It was a house party.

Finishing reading through the thread before I post properly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wow, well that wasn't much of a read after all.

There's too many pointless posts so far, even if we are starting on night 0.
I don't exactly understand how Ash believed Crystal when they weren't being serious, especially after all the rambling pre-game. Unless maybe, he was just trying to get a discussion going but it didn't work out as he hoped.

Well hello lovely people! I'm sure you all remember me. If you don't and you're scum, just remember, you can try to kill me but I'm going to be protected assuming I contribute as much as I usually do. Obviously Night 0 is very little to go off of, and I'm rusty, but let's start off by saying that any scum are definitely not going to want to put themselves out for vulnerability and thoughts on the first night as they have a non controlled bias opinion against the town members whether or not they try to show it. Watch those who aren't posting much instead of those who are.

I kind of half-agree with this and half not. Yes, scum probably won't want to put themselves out there too much because it's much more difficult for them to build trust with townies, but things can't get done through out of thread communication this game. I think that would encourage them to want to distract town more because we can't just go off in our own little groups and decide on someone to lynch. So if they're going to distract town more, they'll need to post more. That's what'd lead us to a rushed lynch when day comes.

I guess it can work either way though.

The way I see it, scum just have to adapt to how active town is. With no pms, scum can't hide behind the excuse that they are working in a little group behind the scenes. It's up to us to get them talking, even if we're wrong. Because scum can't stand idly by, and then suddenly pop up in opposition as soon as we're onto something.

The way I see it, scum just have to adapt to how active town is. With no pms, scum can't hide behind the excuse that they are working in a little group behind the scenes. It's up to us to get them talking, even if we're wrong. Because scum can't stand idly by, and then suddenly pop up in opposition as soon as we're onto something.

I would rather no pm, it makes all of the as Karla said, behind the scenes pm circles chatting go on in here, meaning more gets said here and no one is left in the dark.

I kind of half-agree with this and half not. Yes, scum probably won't want to put themselves out there too much because it's much more difficult for them to build trust with townies, but things can't get done through out of thread communication this game. I think that would encourage them to want to distract town more because we can't just go off in our own little groups and decide on someone to lynch. So if they're going to distract town more, they'll need to post more. That's what'd lead us to a rushed lynch when day comes.

I guess it can work either way though.

I am guessing it's some reverse psychology to get scum to post more and thus more chance of them slipping up in the thread. Otherwise as a rule it isn't particularly useful to look at players on post count alone, especially not on Night 0. I imagine some of the scum players made sure to post after this comment was made regardless.

Anyway, there really isn't a lot to say at the moment until night ends with no PMs and a closed setup. Makes sense for there to not be a lot of content at the moment. I'm glad we've had no role claims, keep it that way!

I am guessing it's some reverse psychology to get scum to post more and thus more chance of them slipping up in the thread. Otherwise as a rule it isn't particularly useful to look at players on post count alone, especially not on Night 0. I imagine some of the scum players made sure to post after this comment was made regardless.

Anyway, there really isn't a lot to say at the moment until night ends with no PMs and a closed setup. Makes sense for there to not be a lot of content at the moment. I'm glad we've had no role claims, keep it that way!

The difficult thing about closed setup with no PMs is that the doctor's (assuming there are any) really don't know who to protect so are just stuck protecting strong players. I suggest any vigilante's do not shoot because there is nothing to go off of.

The difficult thing about closed setup with no PMs is that the doctor's (assuming there are any) really don't know who to protect so are just stuck protecting strong players. I suggest any vigilante's do not shoot because there is nothing to go off of.

They don't know who to protect in open set-ups with PMs either.

Just because you were away for a few months doesn't mean the rest of us also forgot all of this obvious information that you keep posting. :rolleyes:

They don't know who to protect in open set-ups with PMs either.

Just because you were away for a few months doesn't mean the rest of us also forgot all of this obvious information that you keep posting. :rolleyes:

I suppose I'm just reminding myself more than anyone. Also, I don't need your sass. If there are rules against being rude now, I'm gonna have some trouble posting my mind.

I suppose I'm just reminding myself more than anyone. Also, I don't need your sass. If there are rules against being rude now, I'm gonna have some trouble posting my mind.

The rule is just against being overly aggressive. So no insults.

I dunno it just seems odd that you have to remind yourself of that publicly.

Honestly though, Im looking out for alise, Cory, Crystal, and Superpenguin just based on the fact that they play IRC mafia and could use that as an excuse. And alise definitely was inactive during birds 2 and Majora 2 but was playing IRC maf during that time.

Honestly though, Im looking out for alise, Cory, Crystal, and Superpenguin just based on the fact that they play IRC mafia and could use that as an excuse. And alise definitely was inactive during birds 2 and Majora 2 but was playing IRC maf during that time.
Trust me, I don't and will never use IRC Mafia as an excuse. The reason I am being inactive is because there is nothing to really do or say on night 0 because no one died, there are no cop inspections and no one has any leads yet. This is even more true in games that use no pm like this one.

An excuse for what

Well that and nobody wants to slip their blue role and get shot for it. I don't see much of a reason to talk N0 because you potentially influence kills pointing fingers. If we'd lynched someone first, sure, but nothing to act/speculate on.

And judging by gamora's recent post in IRC Mafia quotes, I am right. Elise is playing IRC mafia and avoiding thr little discussion we have.

Back