Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

thesirenscall_endgame_zps1a6708a0.png

(1) Natty the Mermaid (Thief) was lynched.

Mafia now equals town.

The Sirens and KarlaKGB win!

Congrats to:

Minties (Godfather), Dolby (Mafia Roleblocker), Lauren (Hooker),
Karen (Mafia Doctor), Sataric (Mafia Lover), and KarlaKGB (Lover/Sleeper SK).

The Water Spirits won their mini game!

Congrats to the Water Spirits (Trundle (Kelpie), Natty (Mermaid), and Cory (Nymph)) for collecting all seven Blood Diamonds! However, they counted towards towns numbers.

Set-Up

For anyone curious about the set-up of this game: long day phases and 1KP per night were all meant to encourage actual post analysis. The 48-hour day was chosen based on feedback given in another closed set-up / no-PM game where people complained that 24-hour days weren't enough time to gain proper reads on players.

The game was set-up with the intention of 2-3 deaths per night by endgame; not 1. The vigilante was meant to give town one kill each night. Unforunately the vigilante was inactive. With both scum and town killers, I figured there was a high possibility the SK would become active. Naturally, that didn't happen. On the upside, your inactive vigilante actually did shoot once - they even shot scum (Dolby)! But Dolby was protected.

The Water Spirits

The Water Spirits were a three-person mason group that counted towards towns numbers. The mini game was there to combat the "townie = inactive" standpoint some people take to the game. Someone said earlier in the game that if it wasn't for them they might have had extra blue roles - you wouldn't have. The Water Spirits replaced three townie roles. And, no, nothing about their role was changed mid-game like Cory claimed.

Originally there were going to be more Blood Diamonds and they were meant to compete against each other. But when I found out about the Splatoon Squids in SuperPenguin's Bird Mafia II I felt like the ideas were too similar and I had to change it. :p

Role Names

Seeing as the role names were based on real people, you might be interested in knowing that the mafia fake claims were: Han the Captain, Natalie the Coward, Kidd the Cook, Brandon the Carpenter, and Trent the Accordionist.

Role names came from: KarlaKGB, Natty, SirGanatar, Tom, justice, SuperPenguin, oath2order, Blu Rose, Jeremy, Kuma, Justin, BellGreen, BlueLeaf, FanousontheLoose, Gandalf, Ashtot, Trundle, and iLoveYou.

The criteria? Mini Mafia 2 players; connections they have with other people (e.g. siblings); the gent who brought mafia back to TBT; and then I threw Jubs & Jer in just for a laugh.

The Siren's Call

Finally, the theme of this game came from Secret Codes and Battleships by Darren Hayes, particularly from the songs: Taken by the Sea, Don't Give Up, Black Out the Sun, and The Siren's Call.

61Vgzy4FKCL_SY300__zps316d53dd.jpg

Thanks for playing! :)

Last edited:
Thieves lost the main game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lile how many times did tina say in your chat "you cant win with mafia smh"

It was best put in obs: You won iur mini battle but overall you lost with town just like Tina said in your chat.

Like I said in obs - you won the battle, but lost the war.

Hey at least Jellofish tried to shoot dolby! too bad dolby was protected by karen tho

scum was pretty unlucky tbh with the modkill and 1kp but like im shocked how they won?? well good game i guess

Win Condition: obtain all seven blood diamonds before the game ends.
this was our win con so...

she never said that though

- - - Post Merge - - -

she said we counted as towns numbers

So in Bird Mafia 2 for example, if town had lost would I have lost too since I counted as town? I guess these games with little third party members counting as town still means they have to win with town, but a role like survivor doesn't? I'm confused.
Oh I just read the setup notes. (Why can't we see spoilers on mobile??) Very great game Tina, even though it ended in a different way from what you expected.

ALSO POST KARLAS AND SATARIC ROLE PMS PLS OMG

So in Bird Mafia 2 for example, if town had lost would I have lost too since I counted as town? I guess these games with little third party members counting as town still means they have to win with town, but a role like survivor doesn't? I'm confused.
Oh I just read the setup notes. (Why can't we see spoilers on mobile??) Very great game Tina, even though it ended in a different way from what you expected.

ALSO POST KARLAS AND SATARIC ROLE PMS PLS OMG
It all depends on the host

Back