• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Underrated villagers?

i think pinky is underrated! I personally wont be keeping her, but i was surprised to see she was placed on the lowest tier. She is pretty simple in design, just a pink and white panda, and most of the popular villagers are simpler in design as well so i dont see why she is that unpopular.

I think the ducks are super underrated. Other than Quilson I think they're all super cute and awesome. I'd like to see them expanded into different personality types so that I could have an all duck town next time around.

Bangle the peppy tiger. I don't know why I never see anything about her, when I first saw her on an island hide and seek tour I immediately wanted her, she's so cute!

And Katt. A lot of people hate her because of her face. In all honestly when she first moved into my New Leaf town I hated her too. But you get used to how she looks and even start liking it, and I loved her personality! She's uchi, the "big sister" type, and since I'm the oldest of three sisters, that may be why I liked her so much. She did seem a lot like me. It sucks that she ended up moving during one of my little hiatuses! I have Cherry currently, who is also an uchi, but she just doesn't have that attitude and tomboyish vibe to her like Katt did.

Oh my goodness, I think that there are far too many underrated villagers... What about all the other squirrels that aren't Marshall??? i love Static and Nibbles... Who doesn't love a grumpy faced purple squirrel or a squirrel with freckles and buck teeth!!! I also think that Dora is just too cute, she is quite simple, but so adorable!!! I am sorta surprised at how selective this fandom is with characters though... Like, there are so many cute characters in the games, but no one really cares about them but only wants the super popular ones which are just as cute as all the other characters!!!!

I'm not a person that really likes frogs, but I have to say, I think Puddles is so cute. I like how she sounds when she talks and the things she says to me; I know that each villager that have the same personality says the same things. Still, I think she looks adorable when she says just about anything; I like the expressions on her face too. I haven't read a lot of posts about people's favorite villagers and villagers they dislike the most, but when I looked at the list of villagers by popularity; I couldn't help but notice she was on the lowest tier. I wonder why people dislike her.

Rosie's actually really cool. She was one of my villagers from Gamecube Animal Crossing. This little blue cat who seems all preppy, peppy and girly & whatnot. However, her house does not match her image at all. Before New Leaf, she had a cowhide rug on her floor, a retro stereo playing Rockin' K.K.. It was a real kinda punk look.

Last edited:
I don't think Chevre (normal goat) and Nana (normal monkey) get enough credit. I think I'm definitely partial to normal villagers, as there are a lot of popular peppy villagers, but they annoy me so much...like I really wanted Tangy and now that I have her she's pretty annoying...

I have never been one to be with the "popular" crowd. I enjoy and admire all the top tier villagers, but I have so many "Dreamies to me" that are tier 2 3 4...all the way to the bottom of the list. And when new to me villagers arrive in my town, I do my best to find something to appreciate about them. Even the Uglies. :)

I adore Midge, she's been in my town since I got the game and was one of the main ones to greet me.

Also, Mira, she's based on Sailor Venus!

Knox, Hugh, and Flo are all pretty underrated villagers that I absolutely adore. I mean, with Cranky villagers like Apollo and Chief, Lazy villagers like Stitches and Beau, and Uchi villagers like Cherry and Fuchsia, most of these guys are overshadowed (in fact, I think they're all Tier 5 but I'm too lazy to go check). Whatever, everybody has their own tastes.

Greta. I don't know why, but I just absolutely love her! I know that she's tier-5 but she'll always be my tier-1.

Back